Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Broken Smile ❯ Broken Smile ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Black Eagle: Welp, I was listening to the radio this morning, half-awake, when I heard the part of Maroon 5's song "She Will Be Loved" where they say "broken smile", so I decided to make a fic about it! Wee!

Black Rose: What would you do without me?

Black Eagle: I honestly do not know.

Black Rose: /smirks/ /starts thinking of blackmailing possibilities/

Black Eagle: Well, let's hurry, before Bubbles wakes up.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own GS.

WARNING: Yaoi content.

THIS IS IN: Kira's POV.

_____________________

Broken Smile

_____________________

I watch as you walk down the aisle. You look stunning, as always. The dark blue tuxedo matches your hair perfectly and shows off your lean, lithe body.

I then sweep my gaze to the bride next to you. She smiles nervously, reaching a hand back to tuck a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. The green dress clings to her figure and accentuates her hair colour.

"Do you, Athrun Zala, take Cagalli Yule Attha (sp?) to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

No! Please, don't...I cry inside myself. I love you...don't do it!

I am the best man. I stand up here, watching. You do not see the broken smile on my face even as I see the joyful one on yours.

"I do."

NO!

"Do you, Cagalli Yule Attha, take Athrun Zala to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

Cagalli, if there was every anything I wanted from you in the whole world, it is to say no! Don't do it! I love you, Athrun, but I can't tell you...oh God, don't do it!

"I do."

NOOOOOOOO!

"I now pronounce you..."

NO! Please, oh God, let this be a dream. This can't be happening! Athrun! Look at me, please, see me, don't do this!

"Husband and wife. You may kiss..."

It's too late...

"The bride."

I see you brush another strand of Cagalli's hair from her face and gently touch your lips to hers. And my head can't help but think, oh God, that could have been me, if I had had the strength to tell you. Athrun, I...I'm weak!

You walk down from the podium with her, the most beautiful smile I have ever seen on your face. You walk to me. "Hey, Kira." You say, giving me a brotherly hug.

I nearly melt in your arms. "Hey, Athrun." I say. I plaster the smile on my face.

Please, Athrun, for once, really look at me! See the smile, see how it's fake, Athrun, oh God, look at it!

He looks at me, as if wanting to say something. I look back.

Tell him now! Tell him now! Tell him, get it off your chest, then you can go home and end it all.

"Athrun, I..."

"What? Kira, is something wrong?"

TELL HIM!

"Athrun..."

He looks so peaceful...he's happy...and if he's happy...

"Athrun...congratulations."

You smile. "Thanks, Kira."

I smile too.

A broken smile.

For a broken heart.

_______________________________________________________

Black Eagle: Angsty, angsty, angsty! W00t! R&R!