Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Fate is what brings us together ❯ Destiny's Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's notes: Hi! Well, this is my second fic but actually I didn't even finish my first fic yet. It's gonna be long. Well, I'm really a big fan of Gundam Seed. I hope you enjoy it well here's the summary in full mode. R&R
 
Summary: AC fic! Athrun who has been working in the PLANTS for some time now visits his best friend, Kira. Kira forces Cagalli, his sister to introduce herself to Athrun which makes Cagalli really mad but what she doesn't know is that because of this she would thank Kira. When the two met, Cagalli treats Athrun so mean but Athrun proves to Cagalli that he understands her completely which makes her feelings different for Athrun. Time passes and they live so happily but then a call arrived. Will things ever be the same? Will they live happily ever after?
 
At Last…
 
At last, when all the summer shi ne 
 
  That warmed life's early&nbs p;hours is past,
Your loving fingers seek for mine&nbs p;
   
And hold them close—at last—at  last! 
Not oft the robin comes to build
  
 Its nest upon the leafless boug h 
By autumn robbed, by winter chilled,& #8212;
  But you, dear heart, you  love me now. 

Though there are shado ws on my brow 
 
  And furrows on my cheek,  in truth,— 
The marks where Time's remorseless pl ough 
  
 Broke up the blooming sward of& nbsp;Youth,—
Though fled is every girlish grace&nb sp;
   
Might win or hold a lover's vow,  
Despite my sad and faded face, < br>    
And darkened heart, you love me  now! 

I count no more my wasted  ;tears; 
 
  They left no echo of thei r fall; 
I mourn no more my lonesome year s; 
   
This blessed hour atones for all.&nbs p;
I fear not all that Time or  ;Fate 
   
May bring to burden heart or bro w,—
Strong in the love that came so& nbsp;late, 
   
Our souls shall keep it always n ow!
 
 
Chapter 1- Destiny's Beginning
 
-------On the phone-------
 
“Hello? Is this Kira?” Athrun asked his long unseen best friend.
 
“Athrun? Athrun Zala? It's been long since I heard from you. So what's up?” Kira asked his best friend so happy to hear from him.
 
“Well, you'll probably consider this as good news. I already e-mailed you about this but I just called to make sure. I'm taking a little vacation and I'm going down to earth and visit you.”
 
“That's great! You're taking a break and visit your old pal! How about you stay with us?”
 
“No thanks! I have already reserved a room in this apartment”
 
“Okay, but at least make me pick you up. When are you going to arrive?”
 
“Tomorrow evening around 6”
 
“Hey that's great! You're just in time for dinner I'll treat you to dinner then.'
 
“Thanks for the treat! Hey wait didn't you say stay with us a while ago? Who are us?”
 
“Oh yeah! I forgot I want you to meet someone.”
 
“Who is this someone?”
 
“You'll be surprise; I want you to meet my sister.”
 
“You have a sister! You never told me you had a sister! Care to explain?”
 
“Look, it's a long story and I don't want to talk about it. Anyways another surprise, she's the Princess of Orb but then again her father died so she's Queen of Orb
 
“What the heck!? How many surprises are you giving me?”
 
“Well, I guess too much things have happened already.”
 
“You're right. How old is she? Are a younger or older brother?”
 
“That's another thing. Well, she's 16”
 
“She's 16! She's the same age as you are. You guys are TWINS!”
 
“Yes, we are. Just a minute, what time is it?”
 
“It's 4:20”
 
“Gosh, how did it get so late? I got to go! My sister is going to kill me for my lateness. Bye!!”
 
-------End of Call-------
 
With that Kira hung up and hurried to the parking lot to get on his car and pick his waiting sister who is now very impatient outside Orb's facilities.
 
-------Orb's facilities------
 
“Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!! Where is that guy!? Is he late again? What's he thinking keeping a lady waiting? Darn that Kira!” Cagalli thought really impatient.
 
Just then Kira arrived…
 
“Sorry for being late Cagalli! I got lost track of time” Kira apologized even if he knew it was useless
 
“Lost track of time you say!” Cagalli yelled.
 
“Here we go again.” Kira thought.
 
“How can you always be late!? We made a deal that you would be the one to pick me up and early”
 
“Only because you forced me too!” Kira argued.
 
“Yah, but you never obeyed it anyway”
 
“Look, I had enough of this! Well, tomorrow's my day. My friend is gonna be here tomorrow and I want you to meet him. We're also going to have dinner with him okay?”
 
“I don't want to meet this friend of yours. I hate strangers!”
 
“He is no stranger! He is way different than any other guys. He's gentle with people. That's why we stayed friends until now. I will never pick you up if you don't meet him tomorrow”
 
“Why you!”
 
Kira looked at his sister and just smirked.
 
“Fine but only because you threatened me to”
 
“I thought so”
 
Cagalli just walked past his brother and hoped in the car. “My day just gets worst does it?” she thought.
 
-------At the Atha residence-------
 
“Kira! Get down here! It's dinner time!” Cagalli shouted at her brother.
 
“I'll be right there! I'll just close my computer” Kira answered back.
 
“Okay, but if you don't be here in 5 minutes I'm coming up there and kick your butt.”
 
“Alright already!”
 
-------Kira's room-------
 
“Gees, why does she always get mad!” Kira thought getting annoyed by his sister's temper.
 
“Then, again she's been through lots of things. I can't really blame her. Though, I hope she would start being happy one day. Well, I got to get my ass downstairs now or I'll be in big trouble!”
 
-------Dining room-------
 
“This friend, you want me to meet. What's his name?” Cagalli asked his brother.
 
“His name is Athrun Zala” Kira replied.
 
“Did you say Zala? Isn't he the guy who is the new chairman of the PLANTS?”
 
“Nope, that his father Patrick Zala”
 
“What?! You're introducing me to the son of the leader of the PLANTS!”
 
Just then the phone rang…
 
-------On the phone-------
 
“Hello, Atha residence, may I help you?” the maid asked the caller.
 
“Yes, may I speak to Kira as in Kira Yamato” the caller answered.
 
“Please wait; I'll go call Mr. Yamato.”
 
-------Dining room-------
 
“Come on Cagalli, I swear he is different from his father.” Kira assured Cagalli about his friend.
 
Then the maid came in…
 
“Mr. Yamato, there's someone on the phone waiting for you.” The maid said.
 
“Alright!”
 
-------Back to the phone-------
 
“Hello? Who is this?” Kira asked the caller.
 
“It's me Athrun!” the caller answered.
 
“Hey, what made you call now?”
 
“Change of schedule, I'll be there tomorrow afternoon around 3. I'm in America right now”
 
“Great, that's earlier. Guess what my sister does not want to meet you. I had to threaten her to.”
 
“Why? I never did anything wrong? Did I?” Athrun felt confused at what his friend said.
 
“No, it's just that she's really like that.”
 
“Oh, anyways, I'll see you tomorrow then.”
 
“Okay, good night.”
 
-------End of Call-------
 
-------Dining Room-------
 
“Who was that?” Cagalli asked his brother who just came back after his talk with his best friend.
 
“It was Athrun, he told me he'll be a little earlier than dinner time.”
 
“Oh, hey I'm done eating. I'll head upstairs now.”
 
“Okay.”
 
Cagalli hurriedly went upstairs.
 
-------Cagalli's room-------
 
“I wonder what this guy would be like” Cagalli wondered. “He might be just like his father but Kira said he was different from his father and I've always trusted him. Maybe he isn't how I think he is.”
 
Knock! Knock!
 
“Cagalli, it's me” Kira said knocking at Cagalli's door
 
“Come in” Cagalli replied.
 
“Hey, are you okay?”
 
“I'm fine.”
 
“Look, if you don't want to meet Athrun tomorrow its fine with me.”
 
“No, it's okay. Maybe it's about time I get over it.”
 
“Don't worry, it'll be okay.”
 
“Thanks!”
 
“I'm in my room if you need me”
 
“Yeah, right, since when we're you not a cry baby”
“I don't want to start this again.”
 
“Okay!”
 
-------Next Day-------
 
“Cagalli, come on we have to go” Kira yelled at his sister.
 
“Alright! I'm coming.” Cagalli yelled back.
 
-------Downstairs-------
 
“Now, I'm here.” Cagalli said.
 
“Good, remember act nice.” Kira wanted to be sure that his sister won't be too impolite.
 
“Yeah, whatever.”
 
-------Airport-------
 
“Athrun!” Kira yelled when he saw his friend.
 
“Kira!” Athrun yelled back.
 
“It's been long. You've grown; well this is my sister Cagalli.” Kira said pointing to her sister.
 
“Hey, I see you're Kira's sister”
 
“Yes, I am and I see you're his friend.” Cagalli answered.
 
“Nice to meet you.” Athrun said reaching a hand towards her.
 
“Yah, nice to meet you too.” Cagalli said but in a mean tone.
 
“Hey, why don't I drive you to your apartment?” Kira interrupted the two.
 
The two agreed.
 
-------Athrun's apartment-------
 
“Hey, you got a cozy place here.” Kira complimented Athrun
 
“Yeah, thanks” Athrun said
 
“I'll go unpack first.”
 
“Yeah, afterwards you can come over our house.” Kira invited Athrun to go to his house.
 
“Wait, it's my house too, you know.” Cagalli said a little annoyed.
 
“Cagalli, give him a break would you.”
 
“Its okay, Kira.” Athrun reassured Kira
 
“We'll pick you up later for dinner then. Bye”
 
“Okay!”
 
The two left Athrun's apartment and went back to the Atha residence to get ready for their dinner.
 
At 7pm they picked Athrun up at his apartment and went to Grills restaurant and ate there…….
 
“Thanks for the treat again, Kira” Athrun said.
 
“No problem. Just enjoy your dinner” Kira responded.
 
“I've thought about it and fine you can invite Athrun to our house.” Cagalli said but in one of her mean tone.
 
“Are you sure? You seem uncomfortable with it.” Athrun asked.
 
“Of course I'm sure. Why would I still invite you?” Cagalli yelled.
 
“Sorry” Athrun apologized for getting her mad.
 
“No, I'm…. sorry. I'm really short-tempered.”
 
“I think we should start eating now. The food is getting cold.” Kira said trying to make everyone happy again.
 
-------After eating-------
 
“Come on Athrun, Let's go” Kira called his best friend.
 
“Are you sure? I mean will your sister get mad?” Athrun asked.
 
“Don't worry, it's not like I'll kill you.” Cagalli told Athrun.
 
-------Atha Residence-------
 
“I'll go up my room” Cagalli told his brother.
 
“Yeah, sure” Kira replied.
 
“Hey, nice house you got here” Athrun said
 
“Hey, want some tea”
 
“Sure, do you mind if I look around the house.”
 
“No problem.”
 
Kira went to the kitchen and got some tea for Athrun and him while Athrun went upstairs.
 
-------Cagalli's room-------
 
“I guess, Kira's right he's not that bad but then again his father is Patrick Zala.” Cagalli thought
 
“Hello, may I come in?” Athrun said outside the door.
 
“Sure! Get in.” Cagalli said in a mad tone again
 
“Hey, I heard you were the Queen of Orb
 
“Don't remind me! I have bad experience.”
 
“Is something wrong why do you always get mad at me?”
 
“I don't know maybe because you're related to that Patrick Zala! I hate him and I will never forgive him for what he did to me. Only my brother knows how I feel!” Cagalli argued.
 
“My father? What has he done to you that make you hate him? You could tell me I promise I won't get mad.”
 
“Your father…”
 
By this time tears were rolling on her cheeks.
 
“Your father, HE KILLED MY FATHER!” Cagalli cried so hard.
 
< Flashback>
“We will never join you, if we join you we'll be enemies to the Alliance!” Uzumi argued.
 
“You will join us!” Patrick Zala argued.
 
“I won't no matter what!” Uzumi then left the meeting and went back to Orb's facilities.
 
The next day…..
 
“Father, I would be back later I'm going to check on something” Cagalli said leaving.
 
“Alright!” Uzumi said.
 
After a few hours…
 
Ding! Dong!
 
“Who is it?” the maid asked.
 
“Patrick Zala, I would like to speak to your master.”
 
“Yes”
 
Upstairs…
 
“Mr. Atha a visitor is here for you, he's Patrick Zala” the mid said.
 
“What did you say?! Never mind get him up here” Uzumi ordered the maid.
 
Downstairs…
 
“Mr. Zala, please go up to Mr. Uzumi's room” the maid told Patrick.
 
Upstairs…
 
“Hello there Atha” Patrick said
 
“Patrick, what do you want?”
 
“I want you to join us, or else you would suffer the consequences”
 
“I'd rather suffer the consequences”
 
“Then you should”
 
Bang!!
 
There was a gunshot heard, everybody went upstairs and saw their leader dead and Patrick escaped.
 
Later……
 
“Father, who did this” Cagalli asked herself.
 
She was crying desperately.
 
Just then the maid came in…
 
“Miss Cagalli, I'm sorry you're father die like this but I know who the killer is” the maid said.
 
“Who?”
 
“Patrick Zala, the leader of the PLANTS. He wanted your father to join the PLANTS but you're father refused.
 
<End of Flashback>
 
“Now, do you get it? You're father killed my father! I can't forgive him! Cagalli said
 
“I'm so sorry; I had no idea my father did that. I am apologizing for him. My father he is so well, mean I'd say so even for myself. I understand how you feel my mother also died.”
 
“How could you be so nice to me? Aren't we suppose to be enemies? Aren't you suppose to get mad at me for accusing your father or something?”
 
“No, I don't want you to get hurt anymore. I'm really sorry about this”
 
“I really never met anyone who could understand me. I thank you! I'm sorry!”
 
Cagalli cried so hard on Athrun who just patted her back. The two did not notice but Kira who has been listening for some time now smiled.
 
He thought, “Thanks Athrun for letting the feelings of my sister out. I knew you were the person for her”
 
To Be Continued……
 
Author's Notes: So how did you like it? I hope you liked it. This is only the start of their new life please R&R. It might take me sometime to upload my next chapter because I also have to finish my other fic!.