Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Gundam SEED: Shadows of War ❯ PHASE-2: The Entire World is Against Us! ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

PHASE-2: The Entire World is Against Us!

In the cold and dark void of space war rekindled as the Clyne Faction fought to save itself and the betrayal of the Earth Alliance and ZAFT. The impossible happened for the Alliance and ZAFT teamed up against the underdog Clyne Faction. Now Fiona Rose the new helm officer for the Noble III frowned as she threw the ship to evade another storm of missiles as the Ship's CIWS picking off the missiles in question. The ship shook as they returned fire with their own Missile Launchers.

“Commander we are running low on munitions,” the gunnery officer reported with a frown, looking over at the Commander of the ship Adam Wells.

“Damn!” Commander Adam Wells cursed looking down at the Gunnery station with a frown.

“Alright then make a note,” Adam said with a sigh. They had left Mendel without a serious reload, he was sure that the Archangel and the Escorts were in the same boat.

*

Lieutenant Eric Anderson cursed as his console beeped at him letting him know that he had only minutes left of power left. Cursing he started to fall back to the Noble III.

“All Mobile Suits this is Lieutenant Anderson give me a status report,” he said into the COMM to find out about his men around him fighting for their lives.

“Strike reporting power levels are at minimum levels,” Kira Yamato reported with a frown in words as he busily dodged attacks from the pair of GINNs.

“Strike Rouge power level at 35%,” reported the Coordinator Athrun Zala as he cut through a GINN with his Gundam's Beam Saber.

“Price Unit here, I am running on fumes heading for home,” came the report from his lead Strike Dagger pilot. Sighing he listened to the reports and frowned to see almost all of his men were low on power and ammo for some where carrying GINN machine guns*. He made a quick report to the Archangel before ducking into the Noble's Hanger bay to recharge.

*

Murrue Ramius gritted her teeth as the Archangel moved to evade yet again, this time a beam from the ZAFT's Nazca Class Main Canon.

“Sai status report,” she snapped at the red haired boy in the operator seat above her.

“Ma'am ten enemy units have been destroyed or disabled, no casualties on our side luckily only a few damaged. The Alliance Ship is dead in the water, while the Nazca class is still in play...wait a minute! Captain I am detecting reinforcements coming from the PLANTs and Earth,” he reported breathless looking at his station. Milli in the other station reported that she has not to manage to get word out to Mendel. Meanwhile the CIC reported that they were running low on munitions as the same as the Noble III. Murrue cursed weighing the odds before ordering a general retreat. Three colored flares fired from the Archangel telling the MS and the other ships to retreat. The Clyne Faction then started to retreat from the battle, exhausted, and defeated. Once the adrenaline fled their bodies, they knew that peace was now impossible.

*

Admiral Jacques cursed again for the sixth time that day as he stood near the space station's veiwport looking at the three Laurasia Class Ships and a single 250m Class Battleship that rushed to their aide but to no avail, for the Clyne Faction had already surrendered the field. Sighing he turned to his friend and partner in crime Senator Maria Victoria.

“Well it looks like our fleet is in worse shape they we originally thought Maria for only a single Alliance ship came to our aide while the Coor...I mean ZAFT managed to get three of their ships here,” he said looking over the ZAFT Councilor Jeremy Maxwell who was up to be Chief Councilor anytime now seating not far from the Alliance Party. Granted both held some hatred for each other but the hatred towards the Clyne Faction was worse. Jacques was never a big fan of the Blue Cosmo, but he knew that it was fault of the Clyne Faction that they had lost the war. It was the same for Maria, while Maxwell only held hatred towards the Clyne Faction for they had killed his beloved leader Patrick Zala and destroyed the final hope for a ZAFT victory.

“Well Ryan, it is a fact that ZAFT had some reserve units, and some which were else were at the time. So they would be in a far better shape then we are,” she said sweetly looking over at Maxwell with a smile, who returned it forcefully.

“Ummm Maria, Ryan you really think we can get way with this,” I mean the Clyne Faction is most likely the most powerful Faction right now then either ZAFT or the Alliance for they have a lot more operational units they we do,” another member of the Alliance Party spoke up weakly from his chair on the other side of the room. Luckily both Ryan and Admiral Hancock managed to get rid of any Blue Cosmo Supporters, but they had to replace them with someone. Sighing Jacques turned to address the man.

“Well they are currently spread out, while we have a very good force cable of chasing this splinter down with just the units we have were. The Laurasia could most likely intercept them, with your permission Councilor Maxwell,” he said with a forced smile at the ZAFT Councilor, who returned it.

“I can't believe this, these… these freaks are the only ones cable of running down the Clyne Faction!” he thought bitterly as Jeremy Maxwell moved to a COMM Unit to give the orders to those ships.

*

Orbiting around the Earth was what is called the Debris Belt made out debris from numerous battles and skirmishes, inside the belt trying to avoid the debris around them were the four ships of the Clyne Faction's Peace Party. Inside the lead ship the Archangel Kira Yamato and Athrun Zala stood leaning against the safety bar of the catwalk that happened to be suspended over the hanger of the ship. The two friends were deep in a discussion about the peace settlement and the reason why they started to kill once more. Granted no more people needed to die in the pointless war, but now that they no longer had Freedom or Justice they weren't going to spend time disabling enemy MS. Sighing they wondered if this pointless bloodshed end for here they were being thrust back into combat when there was suppose to be peace, but they did agree that their family and friends needed to be protected.

“You know some people will never let go of their hatred for one another Kira,” Athrun finally suggested over a course of a few minutes of silence. Kira nodded understanding what his friend was trying to say. As he was about to reply alarms rang around the ship announcing that the ship was going to Battle Stations. Both friends looked over at each other before running off.

“Well Kira I take it that they were serious!” Athrun said with a frown as he headed for the bridge with Kira on his heals. Kira silently nodded and hoped they would survive this next battle.

*

Commander Murrue Ramius cursed as she saw the three Laurasia Class Frigates opened fire on the besieged Clyne Faction. She really hoped that they could have returned to Mendel before engaging any other enemies, but they had no such luck. Sighing she turned to Dearka who was manning the COMM Station and nodded for him to open a channel to the rest of the fleet.

“Alright then if they want a fight we will give them one, all ships deploy Anti-Beam Mines and go to Battle Stations,” she ordered just as the alarms went off to give notice that the ship was now entering battle. Just then Dearka looked up from his station and smiled.

“Ma'am I managed to get Colonel Kisaka and Captain Waltfeild on the line,” he said with a smile. Murrue smiled for they had been trying to get a hold of them for a while, but finally they managed to get in contact with it.

“Alright Mister Elsman put them on the main monitor,” Murrue ordered in which Dearka nodded and after a few moments he managed to find the control to do so, to the amusement of Miriallia. Finally the two men appeared on the main monitor which was above the veiwport of the ship.

“We heard what happened is everyone all right,” Kisaka asked first which most likely both men wanted to say it but Kisaka beat Waltfeild to the punch.

“Where fine, but we are currently being chased by three Laurasia Class Ships,” Murrue reported with a frown. The two other commanders flinched and nodded their understanding.

“Aright then Commander, the Kusanagi and Eternal are moving out now,” Waltfeild said with a nod before signing off. Kisaka nodded as well before he too signed off. Athrun and Kira arrived on the bridge at that instance.

“Murrue what's going on and how in the world did they find us already,” Kira asked with a frown. Murrue gave the two young Coordinators a brief notice of what is going on. The two friends nodded and made their way to their Gundams. Just then Sai yelled out that the ZAFT ships were launching Mobile Suits. Murrue nodded and ordered her ships to do the same. She then prayed that they would make it out this alive since they had come so far since that first day of running from ZAFT.

*

Lieutenant Anderson cursed as he took a glance at the enemy MS units, granted they were all GINNs but there were a lot more then his own MS. Since he held seniority over the rest of the pilot even though the Clyne Faction wasn't too big on that, he was given command of the fleet's MS for the time being. He took a quick tally of his units, before cursing out loud again for he had Three Strike Daggers, two Gundams, four Moebius Units, and his own Astray, against sixteen GINNs, and two CGUEs. His eyes suddenly widened when he saw that the CGUES were DEEP Arms type. Cursing he opened a channel to his men and women under him.

“Alright folks the enemy has have sixteen GINNs and two CGUE DEEP Arms*, so Strike Daggers and Gundams we are going right into the center of them. Make sure to stick together and cover each other. Moebius Units stay back and protect the ships. Alright let”s move out,” he said and launched himself into the fray after hearing confirmation from his units. Sighing he brought up his Type 71-44 Sniper Beam Rifle* and fired as soon as he got a lock. As soon as the explosion from the destroyed GINN subsided his unit was engaged and soon after that he followed his men into battle.

*

Kira cursed to himself as the a GINN he had been fighting finally managed to get a hit on him with the M69 Canon it had held in its hands. Luckily the PS Armor on the Strike gave him some protection from it the Particle Canon but it did weaken the armor in question. Kira quickly returned the favor and sliced through the GINN with his beam saber destroying the Mobile Suit. As the explosion subsided Kira felt the familiar pang of guilt of killing another human being. Sighing he turned to find another target but found himself staring down the barrel of one of the CGUE's beam rifles. Cursing he sent the Strike into a dive but the CGUE fired grazing the Gundam's shoulder sending it into a deadly spin. Kira clinched his teeth and brought the Strike steady but once again found himself on the receiving end of the CGUE's beam rifle, cursing yet again as he tried to evade in some way but found that the Strike was not responding well. Kira then sighed and prepared himself for the end but god apparently did not want him dead just yet as one of the ZAFT Ships exploded distracting the enemy unit long enough for Kira to run away from the enemy. Frowning he saw ten other Mobile Suits throw themselves into the battle in favor of the Clyne Faction as GINNs exploded from the new arrivals fire. Kira smiled and saw that someone out there actually wanted to help them, giving him new hope that there was an end to this bloody conflict.

……To Be Continued……



There we go the second chapter to Shadows of War, and I really hope you like it....

I am also using a few things from the SEED-MSV, which I think adds some flavor to the Story. So please tell me what you guys think