Gundam SEED Fan Fiction ❯ Operation Strikeback ❯ Brothers Lost- Part 2 ( Chapter 7 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Chapter 7- Brothers Lost(Part 2)

 

Meanwhile... the space situation worsens...

 

"Nicol! Dearka!" Yzak and Athrun yelled into their radio coms. The Buster and Blitz gundams were taking heavy damage from missile fire. With their Phase-Shift armor levels dropping, they were in reality of being destroyed soon. The Aegis and Duel were being held back by Raiden and they were in no position to even assist Dearka and Nicol...

 

 

 

Battle 2 : ZGMF-X09A Justice Gundam .Vs. RVR-39 Apharmd Battler

 

The initial battle...

 

Apharmd started dashing sideways and aimed his SMG's (sub-machine gun) at the Justice. On instinct, Cagalli raised the Justice's shield deflecting the shots. Drawing her beam rifle, she fired at Apharmd repeatedly... but Apharmd was moving too fast to be hit.

 

"Damned you!..." yelled Cagalli.

 

Deciding that she had enough, she moved for Apharmd, while still defending herself and continued firing her rifle. Her jetpack boosted off and charged for him. Apharmd stopped abruptly and kept his SMG's. Cagalli being rash-minded just charged towards him. But it was a mistake, Apharmd's wrists emitted two tongfers beams and he stood steadfast. As she got too close to Apharmd, he dodged the dashing Mobile suit and conducted a swift slash across the Justice's left arm. Cagalli realized her folly but it was too late... Gone was her left arm and she lost her shield along with it. Cagalli in desperation raised her beam rifle and fired backwards for the VR. As usual... she missed her target and had Apharmd charging at break-neck speed for her. He took out both of his SMG's while doing so and by sheer luck she managed to snag one of the guns off his hands. Unthwarted, he fired the other gun at her but she raised her altitude to avoid being hit. Cagalli was laughing at the grounded VR but it was all a moments' joy. Apharmd took his stance and swung his Tongfers quickly, to Cagalli's surprise, two revolving beams were aimed at her jetpack. The Justice was blown off by impact to the ground as the jetpack blew up immediately.

 

The Justice fell hard to the ground but Cagalli tried to recover herself quickly. Her beam rifle was dropped a distance from her but she didn't have the time to recover it. Apharmd continued dashing towards her so without much choice, she drew one beam saber out to pit him out. However she found difficulty being disadvantaged as Apharmd had two Tongfers. Moreover the Justice's propulsion systems were malfunctioning, putting her into a death trap situation. Cagalli leapt back as Apharmd suddenly swung his tongfers widely at her. Taking the opportunity, she swiftly let fly her beam sabre and surprised Apharmd.

 

"Take that you freak!" yelled Cagalli

 

With only a split second before contact with the sabre, Apharmd decided to sacrifice one arm to defend himself. The saber pierced through, shattering his right arm.

 

Apharmd was thrown back by the resulting the explosion and seemed unconscious for a long time. In suspicion, Cagalli picked up the beam rifle nearby and the Justice walked towards the downed Apharmd. The beam tongfer was withdrawn and he seemed harmless. Cagalli decided to end it all there and then, she aimed the rifle at Apharmd and felt drops of sweat forming on her forehead as she slowly pulled the trigger with uneasiness. But in a rude moment of shock, Apharmd suddenly got up and performed a rising kick which landed upon the Justice's torso.

 

"Arghhh!!!", Cagalli felt the high impact against the cockpit. The Justice fell back with a hard crash on the ground as the rifle once again left its hand. The Justice had almost zero energy left for Phase-Shift generation. Cagalli tried to move the mobile suit but to no avail... Instead... the OS registered zero energy on the screen. Cagalli's heart skipped a beat... The risen Apharmd emitted its only tongfer blade and somersaulted into the air, Cagalli became wide-eyed... she knew her fate was sealed...

 

Her sweat formed more rapidly as she watched. As Apharmd finally descended after he reached the peak of his jump, he somersaulted into a rolling ball, with the tongfer blade extended. Cagalli made one last prayer to herself, a tear flowed down her eye...

 

............. ... (muffled noises) Kzwang..... Bzzzzttt..... *Crash*.......

 

"... ... ...??" seconds later, Cagalli looked around... she was still in the Justice's cockpit... wondering why she was still alive... The cockpit was shredded open in the center but she was unharmed. She gathered her strength to climb out of her cockpit and looked around her. To her side, there laid a motionless Apharmd, with almost all of its Virtual Armor shattered. And further up the distance, stood the Freedom Gundam with all beam cannons in place and still smoking. Cagalli realized what happened, and with a slight cry, "Kira... Thank you... you saved my life again"...

 

Cagalli slowly picked herself up from the ground and searched for her rifle. Walking back to where Kira and Apharmd was, she looked one last time at the motionless VR.

With a pathetic looking smile, she smirked,

"That's what you get for challenging us buddy!"

 

With that said, she let her rage escape with beams from her rifle striking Apharmd's body. After a few more rounds, an explosion erupted, signaling the destruction of the VR.

"Whew... that felt better..." said Cagalli

Civilians who were sheltered from the battle began to cheer for them as the shattered body of the VR exploded. The only left fighting... was La'Fllaga and the sword VR Temjin... However... both were nowhere to be seen... but instead... a still sparking and jolting sword pack laid on the ground... slashed multiple times... moreover, shards of what seems like waist guard armor was strewn around... Both Kira and Cagalli knew La'Fllaga was in big trouble...