Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Yu-Gi-Oh! Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Beyblade Fan Fiction ❯ Parellell ❯ chapter one ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

He looked out over the vast, ever moving, never sleeping city, sighing, as he ran his fingers through his bangs. It had come down to this. After all they had done together, after all they had been through, this is how they repaid him, this is how they reacted. Forced into hiding, feeling exposed, excluded, he had left, unable to handle it any more. Why had he put up with it in the first place? Why had he stayed for so long, why had he desperately tried to make it work? He knew not the answer, but, deep down, thought he knew; they had been his first real family. But, like all good things, it had come to an end, due to those fatal words. "I loved them". They had only been whispered, he doubted any had heard them, though, due to their own emotions, and how wrapped up and self-obsessed they had become.

Left with no choice, he had fled. What look would he have seen in their eyes? Anger, confusion, betrayal, loathing, disgust? He did what had become a second nature to him, he had ran, ran as fast as he could. That's how he had ended up back here, back on Earth. He had spent months touring the colonies, trying to find peace, trying to find comfort. L2 had been his first stop, then L1, L3, L4; he had even visited the newly built L6, all to no avail. He found not what he sought.

He still kept in contact with them, his four real friends, by phone and post, making the occasional personal appearance when he knew that they'd be staying in the same part of the country as he. His first stop upon arriving back on Earth had been the Lake Victoria base, where his loved ones had spent so long training, living, working, and where he had first meet them in person. Sanq was his next stop, and the first time he had seen the girl's in months. He did not, however, stay long, for Sanq held too many pain-filled memories of his loved ones, and there precious, cherished, if short amount time spent together. He visited his other loved ones many places of residence in Russia and Germany, finding them too to be too painful. Une had contacted him, telling him that Treize had left everything, more or less, to him, the rest had gone to Une herself and his only living relative, Mariemaia Kushrenada, his daughter, barley younger than Duo himself. He had received a similar call from Relena, telling him more of less the same had been written in Milliado's will. This meant nothing to him. Without them, he was nothing.

He knew he had promised not to do anything stupid, but he was nearing his breaking point. He had left two months earlier, and his ex-comrades still had not noticed his disappearance. The only two people he had truly cared for in such a long time were dead. Only four would miss him. Was he brave enough to do it? He had already killed so many, already damned himself to hell, the question was, was he able to do it one last time?

Duo silently slunk through the back allies of London, slipping from shadow to shadow, as he had been taught. It was late, but not that late, almost ten, and the nightlife was in full swing. This did not even register, as he passed yet another drunken pair of teenagers, not much older than himself, completely of their heads, making out just a couple of hundred metres away from the club he was heading towards; The Trinity.

Walking up to the bouncer, he was checked over once with a slightly approving glance, which he sneered at, as if he cared what that man thought! He paled in comparison to his loves! Before being admitted to the exclusive club.

Duo wore simple, tight black leather jeans, slightly flared at the bottom, laced at the sides; they had been Treize's favoured. He wore a tight black and silver shimmering muscle shirt; it had been a girt from Milliado, for his birthday. Black leather pointed boots and a black full-length leather trench coat; gifts from both of them. And finally, his silver cross.

Duo stalked over towards the bar, ordering a Baileys and ice, sitting down stiffly on one of the black stalls, sipping his drink as he surveyed the crowed.

<^ Duo's Pov >^^>

They don't know how lucky they've got it. None of them have seen the horrors we were forced to, none of them know, none of them will ever understand what we were put through for their sakes. How many of them turned against us? How many-supported Oz? Whitefang? The Rebbles? The Gundam pilots? How many changed their opinions as one dominated the other? How many truly cared who won? Is this what I fought for? Is this what thousands upon thousands sacrificed themselves for? What they sacrificed themselves for?

<<<^ End of Duo's Pov ^^^^>>>>>>>><

Glancing around the club in disgust, something caught his attention, or rather someone; someone he had thought dead for so long, that he had thought he may have imagined.

A figure, that of a fourteen year old girl had just stalked up onto the stage, background dancers getting into position. She had long, waist-length hair, the same tone of white-blond that Milliado had had, but with chunks of black, crimson and amethyst dyed into it. Her eyes were similar to Duo's, a violet-indigo, slightly more amethyst than his though. Her eyes were those of one who had seen more than she cared to remember, had seen even more than he, a gundam pilot had.

(Lyrics are owned by Lenz and the nice people that created beyblade. I do not own them. ((Song is called switchblade)))

Switchblade, do what I got to,

Vacate, coming right at you,

Slow down, before you take your last step,

This is a test of the; bumps `n' bruises,

You know you get used to,

I choose to run with my whole crew,

Lock down, it's gonna be a blackout,

Now it's your turn, let me hear you shout,

YEAH! YEAH!

I'm gonna teach you, class in session,

It's a long rope, like a flexi-fall,

Above ground, do the things you used to,

Cause if you could live like me,

Underground, lonely sights and lonely sounds,

Could you fight the darkness, all around?

No way up and all ways down,

For me this is the only game in town.

Action, everything is set to,

Explode, cause now it seems you got to,

Reload, it's time to go solo,

Hey duck! This place is gonna blow,

Chucked down, you're covered in dirt and,

Stay down; trouble is you're hurt now,

You're back; this is what it's all about,

Now it's your turn, let me hear you shout,

YEAH! YEAH!

I'm gonna teach you, class in session,

It's a long rope, like a flexi-fall,

Above ground, do the things you used to,

Cause if you could live like me,

Underground, lonely sights and lonely sounds,

Could you fight the darkness, all around?

No way up and all ways down,

For me this is the only game in town.

[Do you want this?]

[Break it down now.]

[Can you feel this?]

[This is how we groove now.]

[Can you live this?]

[This is what we fly now.]

[This is how we got it going-]

Could you live like me?

Underground, lonely sights and lonely sounds,

Could you fight the darkness, all around?

No way up and all ways down,

For me this is the only game in town.

For me this is the only game in town.

Cause if you could you live like me,

Underground, lonely sights and lonely sounds,

Could you fight the darkness, all around?

No way up and all ways down,

For me this is the only game in town.

As the girl sang and danced, as did the other dancers, Duo caught her eye, causing her to falter slightly, holding his piercing gaze, recognition in her eyes. He knew he recognised her, and she him. As the song ended, as she took her leave backstage, one of her dancers, as tall, seventeen year old male with shoulder length raven-black hair, wearing only loose coal grey baggy silk trousers came over to Duo, signalling for him to follow him.

End of chapter one

Sos! It was meant to be longer, but, it's like 9:30 pm and I've still got homework! <Sigh> thanks for the reviews! Please keep updating!