Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red and Blue Makes Purple ❯ Return of the Fourth's Legacy ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry I missed yesterday’s update. Had a headache the size of Alaska at two in the morning. Not fun. However, there was a spectacular storm that my went dancing out in with my costuming class. We all got soaked, but if you’re going to get soaked at school, the costuming department is the place to do it. Ended up spending a good amount of time wearing a hoop skirt and ball gown. It was a blast.

“Red and Blue Makes Purple”

Chapter Seven

Return of the Fourth’s Legacy

It was a good thing that Duo hadn’t mastered words yet, because poor Quatre would be as red as a tomato otherwise with all of the curses running through his mind. And with the amount of time spent with the sweepers, he knew some pretty creative ones.

It was him, the boy from his visions. A little older maybe, but it was definitely him. Sasuke looked to be going through some realizations of his own, because his eyes suddenly widened and his voice croaked as he spoke a single word. “Dobe.”

Some form of instinct rose up in Duo’s subconscious in response to the title, and he found himself leaping at the man. /Teme!/

Caught by surprise, Manda popped out of existence, sending his rider flying, only to be caught in the fox’s mouth.

Seeing it, Sakura screamed. “Sasuke!”

Quatre was equally horrified. “Duo! What are you doing?”

Sasuke, on the other hand, was laughing, despite the fact that he was in a position to be easily crushed by his rival, literally. He was laying halfway over a row of sharp teeth, the jaws around him only closed enough to keep him from escaping.

“Baka, let me go,” he said, kicking the top of the mouth with the foot that wasn’t pinned. When the fox didn’t budge, Sasuke sighed. “Do you want them to attack you?”

More than a little freaked about his actions but glad that the guy sounded okay (and he couldn’t taste any blood), duo found himself reluctant to release his prisoner. Still, Sasuke had a point.

Keeping a careful eye on the other two animals and their riders, seeing as they seemed to be the only real threats in the area, Duo settled down on the ground, dropping Sasuke between his front paws.

Rolling his eyes, Sasuke untangled his limbs to stand up, waving to his comrades to show that he was alright. The two strangers slid down the fox’s shoulder and immediately began to check him over, nimbly dodging his attempts to fend them off.

“Duo, what were you thinking?” the blond demanded, glaring the eyes that were swiftly turning purple, thus confirming Sasuke’s theory. “You could have killed him!”

While the man was yelling at Naruto (it just had to be him), Sasuke took a better look at is face. Close up, he didn’t look nearly as close to the blond shinobi as he had from a distance. For starters, his whole appearance, eyes, hair, and skin, was paler and just generally softer. Well, his eyes weren’t too soft at the moment, but they had been when the man had been fussing over him.

Something about the blond yelled of breeding to Sasuke, used to the older clans of Konoha as well as the nobles he had to deal with during missions. However, there were calluses on his hands when he’d run them over Sasuke’s arm, looking for injuries. Both he and his friend, Barton if he remembered correctly, seemed to know Naruto pretty well. So where had he been for the past five years?

As Quatre’s rant rose in pitch, Duo flattened his ears against his head. Why did all the blondes in his life have the ability to tell like that? It had to be a curse.

Speaking of blondes, the one from the giant slug was making her way over to them, and she didn’t exactly look happy. The woman’s pink haired companion didn’t either, but she definitely looked more nervous. For some reason, he felt as though he should be running.

“Sasuke-kun, are you alright?” pink called from just out of range of his paws.

“I’m fine,” Sasuke called back. “He didn’t even break the skin.”

Both women took their turns staring at Quatre as they approached cautiously. Someone about him seemed to depress them a bit.

“So, was it just us or did he hear ‘teme’ being yelled before he nabbed you?” blonde asked, hands casually resting on her hips.

Sasuke smirked, leaning against one furry, stretched-out leg. “That was the dobe.”

Both women stared at him before looked up at Duo. Pink was the one who spoke. “Na- Naruto?”

The fox jerked back at the name. The sound of it triggered something in his mind, and he found himself shuttering as his body began to change again for the second time in less than a week.

Pilots and shinobi alike watched in a combination of fascination and fear as the giant fox began to shrink, blue overtaking his wide eyes as the orange fur began to turn blond, covering less and less of his body. The muzzle shaped into a human face and Sakura almost felt like crying as she recognized the features, most noticeably the whisker marks on each cheek.

Quatre and Trowa were horribly confused, and more than a little frightened. Duo was turning back to human form, but it wasn’t his form. Would he ever be able to return to normal?

As the transformation completed itself, the last remnants of a red mist solidified into a loosely-folded red kimono. His hair was a lot longer than his teammates remembered, only the bangs hinting at its former spikiness as the rest trailed down around his shoulders and over his back.

The other pilots rushed forward to catch him as Duo’s knees gave out beneath him, exhausted by the change but managing to stay conscious this time. Clinging to Quatre’s arm, he stared up at Sasuke and the approaching women. What was happening to him? Where did he remember them from? “I know you?”

They blinked at the confusion in his voice. Of course he knew them. Naruto had known Sasuke and Sakura for his entire life. He couldn’t have forgotten them in only five years.

“Where are we?” the blond asked, who’d yet to introduce himself, asked, giving Naruto over to Barton to check over. “Why’d you attack us?”

“We’ve been attacked by fox demons before,” Tsunade said carefully. “And you are just outside Konoha, in Fire Country.”

Naruto’s question, while innocent, made the bottoms drop from their stomachs. “Fire Country? Konoha? Where is that?”