Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Naruto Fan Fiction ❯ Red and Blue Makes Purple ❯ Who What Now? ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry it took this long to get the new chapter out. My notebook went missing for a bit. Embarrassingly enough, I found it in my brief case, just in a pocket that I don’t use often. But I found it, so all is well. I’ll try update more often, if not as much as I had previously. With school and the fact that I keep getting kidnapped down to our theatre at one or two in the morning, my normal writing hours, there simply isn’t time. I’ll do what I can though. So, you already know that I own neither Gundam Wing nor Naruto, but Christmas is coming up, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed. Oh, and I’m still looking for that beta. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the newest chapter. Read and review!

“Red and Blue Makes Purple”

Chapter Nine

Who What Now?

Sasuke was the first to reach forward and grasp ‘Duo’s’ extended hand, going along with it as the blond pumped them once in the air. “Uchiha Sasuke.”

The grin Duo flashed was painfully familiar. “Hey, sorry about the whole biting thing. I was instinct, I guess.”

A dark eye brow was raised. “Do you normally bite strange men on instinct.”

“Only when I like ‘em,” Duo quipped back cheerfully. “You know, you remind me far too much of my housemate, Yuy Heero. You both even do that ‘hn’ thing that can have a million and seven different meanings depending on tone, mood, context, and a ton of other stuff. Maybe you’re related in an alternate dimension or something.”

“Or something,” Sasuke agreed, resisting the urge to shake his head.

“Now that that’s out of the way, would you mind telling us why you’re here?” Tsunade asked, drawing attention back to her. “And how you got here as well would be nice. The Kyuubi, the fox form you were just in, was certainly large enough to have been noticed a lot sooner than it was.”

“To be honest, Tsunade-san, we’re still not quite certain on the how’s of getting here, and the why was purely accidental,” Quatre said. Of the three, he was certainly the better spokesman. “Trowa and I came looking for Duo when he failed to return on time from a vacation and found him in the fox form. When we went looking for what we figure triggered the transformation, a blade much like some of the smaller ones that you were attacking with, I happened on what I can only describe as a portal. We passed through it and ran into a young man, with markings on his face, stationed in a tree. Shortly after, the rest of you were attacking.”

Tsunade leaned back in her chair, rubbing the bridge of her nose. “I see. That must have been Inuzuka Kiba. I had him patrolling the forest after he found a kunai with Naruto’s fresh blood on it.”

That got the former team seven’s attention as Sakura rounded on her teacher. “Kiba found something that suggested Naruto was alive and you didn’t tell us?”

“I didn’t want to raise any false hopes,” the hokage said with a sigh. Yep. That headache was going to be a long-term visitor.

“Still…”

“Anyway,” Tsunade said, interrupting as she focused back on the trio. “Your mention of a portal suggests that you don’t live anywhere near here. Am I correct in that?”

“We have maps of our entire world and there’s no mention of any Fire Country or Konoha, not to mention the fact that the abilities you displayed earlier would be unheard of back home,” Quatre said. “So the only logical conclusion would be that this is a different world than our own.”

“And I take it that Maxwell-san doesn’t normally look this way?” she asked, nodding her head toward the man.

“No, he doesn’t,” Quatre said, thinking. Then he went for his pocket, slipping a many times folded picture out of it and holding it up. “Second to the right.”

Duo leaned over to get a glance at the photograph before wincing. “Man, did you have to use that one? I thought Heero destroyed all of the copies.”

“Heero knows better than to go into my bedroom, or try to touch my company’s computers,” the blond man said sweetly. “Besides, Mariemaia worked so hard on those pajamas.”

“Mariemaia is a psycho red-head who made a bid for world domination,” Duo countered. “They were yellow and she made my buddy in chibi.”

Tsunade smirked as she looked over the slumber party picture. “Cute. Work party, I take it? And Maxwell-san is the one with the braid and the sandwich?”

“Yeah, that’s me, Agent Night of the Preventors and Shinigami of the pilots,” the whiskered man said, returning the smirk. “And on my left and right sides are Chang Wufei, Agent Fire and our dragon, and Yuy Heero, Agent Day and the perfect soldier.”

“Night and day, huh,” she said. “I take it that the two of your work together in this Preventors.”

“Been partners since we were fifteen,” Duo said, nodding. “First in the war and then there. So, what’s the story with this Naruto kid?”

“Well, as you already heard, Naruto was our teammate,” Sakura said, stepping in. “He vanished after a fight when we were twelve, and we haven’t seen him since until… well…”

“Until you saw me, I get it,” Duo said.

She glanced down at her feet before continuing. “A fox demon attacked our village the day he was born, and the fourth Hokage sealed it into him. We thought that both were dead.”

“If your Naruto disappeared five years ago, he can’t be Duo,” Trowa said. “He’s been himself for seventeen years.”

“It’s something to think about,” Tsunade said. “What do you suppose we do then?”

“We’re unsure,” Quatre admitted. “Even with Duo out of the fox form, he still doesn’t look like himself. As you could see, even his bone structure is different. I’m sure you agree, Duo, that you can’t return to HQ like this.”

Duo sighed. “Yeah. You and the others would be convincible, but no one in the administration would believe that I’m me. I don’t even look like a colony born. But I doubt your nephew would mind me hanging out at the cabin for a while longer. If nothing else, I have some normal clothes there.”

“Since your transformation has clear links to our village, why don’t you stay here for the mean time,” Sasuke suggested, eyes unreadable. He didn’t care what the dobe had said or whether or not the time frame fit, this ‘Duo’ was Naruto. As such, he wasn’t surprised to have an arm slung over his shoulder.

“Sounds like a plan,” Duo said. “And as long as that portal stays open, Tro and Cat can go back and forth so Hee-chan doesn’t go on a global man-hunt looking for me. And with Relena’s help, it would be global. She’s a scary good tracker when it comes to looking for people. Even without her crown, she’s got more contacts than Quatre, and that’s saying something. So, where am I staying?”

There was a flash of triumph in Sasuke’s eyes that only Sakura and Kakashi caught. “There’s room at the Uchiha compound.”

“Great, then it’s settled. Now, I’m hungry. Any good places to eat around here?”