Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ The Third Annual Mediaminer.org Big Fanfiction Contest/Award Ceremony/Oscars/Emmies/Golden Globes Thingie! ❯ Top Honors and Conclusion ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Special thanks to everyone. Thanks for waiting!
 
**
 
Psy and Fan were still on stage when the lights went back up.
 
“Well, ladies and gentlemen, this is it. The Best of the Best!” Fan shouted.
 
“Unlike the previous two Contests, what was done was that the moderators of the Fanfiction categories of the Mediaminer.org Forums looked at all of the winners of all the categories and selected which ones they felt were deserving of the winners of Best Character and Best Fanfic.” Psy explained.
 
“Since they're all winners you've seen before, there will not be excerpt screens or awards given in the fanfic. Instead, the main winners of these awards will receive special Mediaminer.org Journals and possibly other things that the author can't think of right now!” Fan continued, hoping that she wouldn't have to smack the author later for his crappy memory.
 
“And the winner of Best Character is... That unnamed artist from Ars Daemonorum-The Demon Art by Fanilia!” Psy shouted.
 
Fan was about to say something, but she was just shocked that her character had won. She fell backwards and fainted from the rush of blood to her face. Psy blinked and stared at his unconscious co-host before shrugging and moving on.
 
“Well, whatever. Anyway, the Winner of Best Fanfic is... Chronicles by Sueric! Well, that's all for this evening. I hope you've enjoyed things and, happily, for once, there wasn't some big entity trying to disrupt things! Good night, Media-”
 
All of a sudden, the excerpt screen exploded.
 
Psy and Fan's unconscious body were flung from the stage and out into a very surprised audience. As the smoke of the screen appeared, the entirety of the group stared out at the cause of their latest distress. It appeared to be a mixture of static and distortion of a Nintendo Gameboy, kind of like what happens if one turns a Gameboy on without a cartridge in it.
 
“I am free.”The creature said.
 
Any Pokémon fan worth his badges could tell you what it was: MissingNo.
 
When the original creators of the Pokémon game wanted to quickly level up their creatures so that they could test everything out in the game, they created a being that they could fight and get lots and lots of experience points easily. However, the creature stayed within the game when it was released and, thanks to a cheat code, one could fight a glitchy disturbance that could sometimes erase game cartridges. This being, the Zeroeth Pokémon, was called MissingNo.
 
“So, how is everyone this evening? Enjoying the festivities?”
 
“Oh, you are SO DEAD!” Psy shouted, standing up and growling at the intruder.
 
MissingNo. Whipped out a glitchy tentacle and swiped it across Psy's face, knocking him into another wall.
 
“Impudent fool! There is not an anime character alive that could stop me! I exist beyond form and substance! And now that you're all here, I shall disrupt every one of you, thereby destroying anime in all its forms and-”
 
“Oh, shut up!” Psy yelled as he crawled out from the debris of the wall. “Maybe you should've asked Lillith and the staplers what happens to anyone who tries to mess with my contests! SECURITY!”
 
On cue, four individuals dropped down and surrounded MissingNo. Three were returning heroes, being Mr. T, Ace Rimmer, and Louis from Psy's Angel Armor series. The latest individual was Ash from the Evil Dead movies, sporting his signature Boomstick.
 
“Allow me to introduce the Brute Squad, coming soon to a Fanfic near you, BITCH!” Psy yelled.
 
And with that, each of the individuals unloaded their own unique style of hit against the glitch Pokémon and shattered him like glass. Psy grumbled and walked up onto the remains of the stage and patted each of the people on the back. He tapped the podium microphone and smiled.
 
“Well, I'd like to give a big thanks to everyone who has helped out with the Contest. Sorry for being so late with this one, folks! Now, everybody, LET'S GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE! NBC's going to kick our asses when they see what we did to this place!”
 
Everyone ran out of the auditorium, leaving one unconscious Administrator laying in the rubble. Fan grumbled in her sleep.
 
“...Green bunnies...” she mumbled.
 
THE END
OMEDETOU TO ALL!