Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Goddess Who Changed Destiny ❯ Bunny or Not Bunny- That is the Question! ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Untitled

Part Two- Bunny, or Not Bunny- That is the Question!

Sage glanced out the window at Bunny. [It's too dangerous for her to be out there alone, what with the dynasty all over the place,] he mused. He voiced his thoughts to the other Ronins. Rowen nodded.

"Aa… but we can't tell her about the Dynasty, or who we are," he reasoned, his gaze trailing from his book to Bunny.

"True. She's too innocent to be caught up in this dynasty war," Ryo agreed.

"Mphrm," Kento mumbled, his mouth full of noodles. Cye rolled his eyes. All of a sudden, a sound filled the air. It sounded to the warriors, at first, like a ringing of tiny bells. It took them a moment to realize that it was the sound of a young girl laughing. The five young men whirled around, facing a thirteen-year-old girl in a sailor-style fuku.

"Do not worry about Usagi-san- she can take care of herself," the girl said, leaning on her staff. Ryo got into a fighting stance.

"Alright, kid, who exactly are you?" he growled, preparing for a battle. The girl chuckled. Ryo's forehead creased in anger. "What's so funny? I want answers, dammit!"

"Temper, temper, mortal. You cannot hurt me. Watakushi wa tsuki no megami. Hajimemashite, Ronin Warriors," the girl said, grinning. Ryo drew back, eyes wide.

"Y-you're a goddess?!" he exclaimed. The megami chuckled.

"That's the exact same reaction Usagi-san had when I told her. I'm not a goddess yet, just a demi-goddess-in-training."

"Who is this Usagi you speak of?" Sage asked, his visible eye narrowed.

"I'll give you a hint. She's standing right outside by the lake," the demi-goddess said. The boys glanced out the window.

"You mean Bunny?" asked Rowen, raising an eyebrow. The girl nodded. She suddenly looked up, then back to the Ronins.

"Gomen nasai, I must leave. Shinigami-chan is looking for me. Ja ne!" with that, the girl disappeared, leaving five stunned Ronins to wonder what she had been talking about.

"Did she just say that the god of death is waiting for her?" asked Kento, who by now had finished eating.

"I think so," said Ryo. "I-" Ryo was interupted by a scream coming from outside, by the lake.

"Bunny!" the boys exclaimed in unison.

~*~

Artemis reappeared behind the chestnut brown-haired boy with braided hair, who was glowing a ominous black color. He glanced around her domain, most likely wondering where she was. She crept up close behind him- good, he still didn't notice her.

"Looking for me, Duo-chan?" she whispered into his ear, making the braided boy jump about a foot into the air. He whirled around and glared at her, tapping the Shi no Gai against the marble floor.

"Don't scare me like that, dammit!" he exclaimed. Artemis pouted mockingly.

"Aw, is the poor wittle Shinigami scared?" she asked, teasingly. Duo rolled his eyes, shaking his head in hopelessness.

"It's no wonder you havn't become a goddess yet, Artemis-chan! Anyway, I have some… bad news." Artemis's expression turned from teasing to worry.

"Hai?" she asked. Duo looked at the floor, his grip on the Shi no Gai so hard that his knuckles turned white.

"Father has… taken an interest in the tsuki no hime," he said awkwardly. Artemis gasped.

"Na-nani?!"

"Aa. His minions are probably attacking her as we speak."

"This is not good!" Artemis exclaimed. "Come on, Duo-chan, we have to go help her!"

~*~

Bunny backed away from the black creature, fear flooding her eyes. The thing held a humanoid shape, but the skin was tinged with gray. Its eyes were little red slits, contrasting greatly with the murky color of its skin. A pitch-black dress whirled around its ankles. Black, bat-like wings stretched out from the monster's back, and blood dripped from its fangs, giving it the appearance of vampire.

It walked toward her, eyes flashing with malice. The creature held its hands up; black fire flared around them. The flames lashed toward the terrified girl. Bunny closed her eyes tightly, waiting for the searing pain to strike her.

"Arrow Shock Wave!" a voice cried. Bunny's eyes opened as she looked up. Five warriors, each dressed in a different colored samurai armor, stood to her left. The one wearing royal blue armor held a bow in one hand, an arrow ready to shoot in the other.

"Leave Bunny alone," the man in red growled. "Or face the wrath of the Ronin Warriors." He carried twin katanas in his hands, the sharp blades gleaming. Another warrior, the one in green, wielded a large no-datchi. A long rod was held by the man in orange, and the last man, who wore light blue, held a trident.

"Ah, Ronin Warriors. Good of you to come. Hades will promote me for the destruction of the girl and you!" it drawled.

"Iron Rock CRUSHER!" the orange-clad man yelled. The attack, however, had no effect on the monster that threatened their lives. The creature laughed.

"Your pitiful attacks cannot hurt me, Hardrock."

"Masaka! Thunderbolt CUT!"

"Super Wave SMASHER!"

"Flare Up NOW!"

"Arrow Shock WAVE!" Each attack was in vain; the monster seemed invinsible. Black fire appeared around its hands.

"Now," it began. "you die, mortals! Sarabada, Ronins!"

"Dame!" a chorus of two voices cut in. The monster glared at the newcomers in fury, but its anger soon switched to disbelief, and then fear.

"Shinigami-sama!" it yelped. The braided boy nodded.

"Go home, youma. Before I have to force you," he commanded, voice dangerously soft.

"You cannot command me. Your father sent me, and you cannot erase the command of Hades," the youma said, sneering. The young girl beside Shinigami narrowed her eyes. She gripped her staff until her knuckled turned white. A golden golw filled the air around her.

"Come on, D-chan, let's show this ugly youma what the demi-gods of death and the moon can really do," she said. Shinigami nodded. He raised his scythe above his head.

"Sudden Death," he whispered. Black energy surrounded the tip of his Shi no Gai and threw itself at the youma.

"Hmph! Why should you get all the fun, Duo? Goddess Power Strobe CHARM!" she exclaimed, as golden energy shot from her staff to the monster. Under the power of the two deities' weapons, the youma disintegrated.

"It's too bad, really. That youma was pretty powerful," said Shinigami.

"Who… are you?" asked Bunny, watching the two in awe. The girl grinned.

"I don't expect you to remember me. That portal through worlds is pretty tough on mortals. I am Artemis, demi-goddess-in-training of the moon. This is my friend Duo, also known as Shinigami," she said. Artemis walked toward Usagi and placed her hand on the mortal's forehead. "Now, when you wake up, the only thing you will remember of Shinigami and I is that we told you to get training from the guys you're staying with, ne? Sleep." As she said the last word, she began to glow a dazzling gold, laying a sleep-spell over the girl.

"What did you do?" Sage asked, his visible eye narrowing.

"I put her under a simple sleep-spell. She should awaken in about twelve hours, asking for you guys to train her. Please do- it's vital. Ja ne, Ronins!" With that, she and Shinigami disappeared into thin air. The guys transformed back into their normal clothes and took Usagi back into the house.

~*~

Bunny snapped awake. She was back in the bed she had first woken up in. The house was silent. Bunny looked out the window to see that it was dark outside. The her gaze shifted to the bedside clock; 3:15 AM. Knowing that it was no use trying to get back to sleep, she hopped out of bed, wincing at the chill that ran down her spine when her bare feet touched the cold, wooden floor. She slothily pulled on a dressing gown and a pair of slippers that had been laid out for her, then walked downstairs, trying not to make any floorboards creak. She walked into the living room, and blinked, surprised at the scene before her. It wasn't the fact that Rowen was up at 3:15 in the morning, reading a book; but rather the large, endangered white tiger his was stroking while he read. After about five minutes of watching Rowen read, Usagi spoke up.

"Oi, Rowen-kun, whatcha reading?" she asked. Rowen jumped and looked around, panicked.

"Na-nani?!" he exclaimed. He calmed down a bit when he saw Bunny. "Bunny-chan, you scared me!"

"Gomen!" Bunny replied, grinning widely. "Ano… Rowen-kun, is that a tiger?" she asked, refering to the animal curled up at Rowen's feet.

"Iie, it's an elephant with wings. Of course it's a tiger!" he replied sarcastically.

"Oh. What's its name?"

"His name is Whiteblaze," said a voice from the door. Bunny glanced back and saw Ryo leaning against the doorframe. "Ohayo gozaimasu, Usagi-chan."

"Usagi?" asked Bunny, confused.

"Hai. Usagi means 'Bunny' in Japanese, remember?"

"Oh, yeah. Ohayo, Ryo-kun."

~*~

Aime smirked as she looked down at the three teenagers. [This should be good…]

~*~

Ryo watched as Bunny scratched behind Whiteblaze's ear. [She's cute… wait a sec, where'd that come from?]

Bunny giggled as Whiteblaze licked her hand.

"I think he likes me!" she exclaimed.

[Who wouldn't?] Rowen asked himself, smiling at the girl. He quickly glanced up at Ryo, who was also smiling at Bunny. Rowen frowned and glared at his friend.

~*~

"Uh oh…" Aime said as she saw the look Rowen was giving Ryo. [Not good!] Aime bit her lip. "Great. I try to make Usagi-san loved, and two of the people who love her will hate each other!"

A/N: I forgot to put a disclaimer in my last chapters ^^*. And, I got more reviewz! (well, duh, otherwise this wouldn't be here!) Shameless plug: go visit my syte! I just redid it, and it's looking mega kewl, if I do say so myself! (and I do.) Also, I LOVE TA TALK! So if ya want to mail me, my email address is sa2info@san.rr.com, and my AOL IM is animegurlartemis.

Disclaimer: ::grumbling:: remind me again why I hafta do this?

Tenshi (my muse): cuz you don't own them.

SA2: So? I'm not gunna do it!

Tenshi: you hafta. They could take all your money.

SA2: I don't have any, remember? I spent it on presents for Chelsea and my SM Stars manga!

Tenshi: And they could take down your story.

SA2: ::gasps:: They wouldn't!

Tenshi: They would.

SA2: ::at super speed:: Idunown'em.

POLLS!!!

Ryo- 16 (Wha? Ryo's not in the lead NEmore? When did this happen?)

Rowen- 14 (YAY! My faves are top three!)

Sage- 19 (Oh yeah, now I remember when Ryo stopped winning-- when Sage-chan got more votes!)

Kento- 0 (…..)

Cye- 6 (Four more votes for Cye!)

C'mon, ppl! I need more titles!

Artemis's Helping Hand- 1

That's about it! ::scrolls up:: Wow, that Author's Notes was really long! NEhoo, ja ne, and don't forget to review! 15 reviews= happy Artemis-chan= Part three! BTW, guys, could you kinda not do fourteen ppl to a review? It's kinda confusing!