Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ If these walls could talk ❯ Part 2: Blinded ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

If these walls could talk By: Myst-Lady mbmflips@yahoo.com or myst_lady@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing belongs to respective companies. Thanks to people who kindly reviewed this fic.

Part 2: Blinded

Serena's heart pounded in anticipation. Her body trembled with excitement. She couldn't wait to see Darien again. She was foolishly in love.

She stopped and paused for a moment. Her primal instincts took over. If she was not careful, her life could very well be in danger. Spies were everywhere. It was a risky situation to meet Darien in secrecy with the earth and the moon on a verge of war. She could not disgrace her mother, Queen Serenity to be embroiled in a scandal. Her mother had enough burdens on her shoulders. Her ties to the moon kingdom remained strong and true. Was she going to lose Darien in the end? Her heart dreaded with false hopes.

She moved silently and swiftly across the castle grounds, hoping not to attract attention from the guards. She could hear her heart beating loudly on her chest. Her palms were sweaty and her hands were shaking from nervousness. She closed her eyes and calmed herself down. In a matter of time, she would be safe in the arms of her lover.

"Darien, where are you?" She called out his name. No one answered. It was unusually quiet when she arrived at his favorite spot.

Her eyes grew wild and enormous. An audible gasp escaped from her lips.

"Darien?!" She cried his name in agony. Her heart gripped with pain and sorrow. She flung herself on top of Darien's lifeless body and wept in abandonment.

"No," She spoke through her tears. She placed tiny kisses along his ashen face. "Dear Darien, you can't go! You can't!"

"Murderer," She heard a woman speak to her in a hostile, sharp voice. Serena's face went deadly pale. Those words chilled her.

"I would never intentionally hurt the prince!" Serena said defensively, trying to prove her innocence. She knew she spoke the truth. She would never betray her love for Darien.

"It does not matter," The woman hissed. "The dead shall be avenged!" Her voice filled with hatred and malice. There was a hint of madness in those fathomless eyes. "Guards! She has killed the prince. Come and take her away!" She yelled loudly enough for any nearby guards to hear.

"No," Serena said frantically. Panic began to set in. The sounds of heavy footsteps echoed along the castle walls. She planted one last sweet kiss on Darien's lips. It was heart-wrenching goodbye. She took off without looking back.

"Prince Darien!" The guards were shocked and dismayed at the sight of their prince. "Get her before we lose her!" One of the guards spotted Serena escaping. They furiously chased her.

Tears streamed down on Serena's face. The pain was unbearable, like a sharp knife stabbing through her heart. It was all over now. She had failed. She couldn't go on but her love for Darien shall remain strong and true. The promise of true love shall prevail. Heaven or hell, she and Darien would still be together. Someday, she would find a way to be with him.

The guards slowly descended upon her. She was outnumbered. The guards were too strong and vicious. "No one is going to hear you now little girl!" The guards sneered at her. They constrained and gagged her.

"Poor pitiful Princess Serena!" The woman said smugly. She looked quite satisfied. The guards dragged Serena with them. The woman flashed a smile, revealing two sharp fangs.

~ * ~ * ~

"Not one word, Relena." Dorothy said sternly. She held a finger up in the air. "If you refuse this invitation, I will be very displeased with you!"

Relena gave her a slight smile. "Very well then. I will not try to make things difficult for you, Dorothy."

"Good. Everything's settled then." Dorothy was pleased. "I will be right back." Turning away from her, she approached the reception desk area. A young woman dressed in an impeccable tailored suit was at the counter. "Hello madam." She bowed in greeting. "I hope your trip is not too tiring." She had a French accent.

"Very well, thank you." Dorothy answered pleasantly. She handed a card to her. The woman searched through her computer.

"Welcome, Ms Dorothy Catalonia. We've been expecting you." The guest service representative smiled warmly. "If you can kindly wait for a few moments, I will have everything ready for you."

"Thank you," Dorothy said, leaning against the counter.

Relena was standing at a grand foyer. The crystal chandelier was hanging above the ceiling. There was a red carpet on the floor. A Greek classical marble statue was the centerpiece. A grand, sweeping staircase leading up to the top floor.

She found herself staring at a painting. A handsome picture of a young man somewhere in his 20s. He had the deep Prussian eyes and dark hair. He was wearing a costume from the 14th century. She reminded him of someone.. Heero Yuy..

"Who is this young man at the painting?" Relena asked. She couldn't help but wonder.

"Oh, that 's Prince Darien." The woman answered. "He was the owner of this castle. He was a splendid ruler of his time. But sadly it was not fated to be."

"What happened to him?" Relena pressed for more answer. She was intrigued.

"Legend has it that he was murdered by his fiancée in a jealousy blinded rage. He was leaving her for another woman." The woman just shrugged her shoulder. "Who knows?"

"Oh," Relena was somehow disappointed.

"Come Relena." Dorothy said impatiently. "We must leave." She took her arm and dragged her up the stairs. Relena gave one last longing look at the painting.

To be continued.