Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Sunrise ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Sunrise
by: Myst Lady
mbmflips@yahoo.com or fics4fun@yahoo.ca

Disclaimer: Sailor Moon and Gundam Wing belongs to respective companies.

Warnings: Trista Meioh/Milliardo Peacecraft/Treize Khushrenada centered fic. Ratings/summary are subject to change. This is a complete AU-ish!

To God, the Virgin Mother Mary and St. Therese
My rock, my strength and my pillar.

SUMMARY: From the battlefield of Waterloo to the glittering highlights of the London Season, the life and times of the English society during Regency Era. Trista Meioh, a virtuous woman who has entered the convent at a young age. She must abide the sacred, religious order of obedience, humility and chastity in the hopes of becoming a nun. However, her faith and loyalty is tested when her passion deepens for the man she can never have. Harden by the years of war and a haunted memory of a lost love has transformed Milliardo Peacecraft into a spiteful, bitter man. Her healing touch has brought this enigmatic earl back to life. He never known such deep emotions stirred within his stone-cold heart. But will their love be strong enough to set them both free?

Treize Khushrenada returns from his exile after suffering the scandals and humiliation that tainted his honor and disgraced his family name. No longer a gullible man in the past but an elite businessman with a goal in mind: to bring forth the downfall of his archenemy, Milliardo. He seeks out to seduce Trista without realizing that he too is capable of loving her.


London, 1810

Prologue

His cool, steel eyes gazed upon the coffin at the altar of Westminister Abbey. Milliardo Peacecraft, the Earl of Kensington, sat fully composed and remained impassive throughout the entire mass. Accompanied by his younger sister, Lady Relena and her husband, Lord Heero Yuy were among the mourners attending the funeral service of Lady Noin Lucrezia. Other members of the fashionable Ton came as well to pay their last respect to Lady Noin. She was a champion and a dear sister to all those who knew her so well. A truly remarkable, compassionate young lady remembered for her humanitarian work in the orphanage and her crusade against prostitution. Her legacy shall remain in the hearts and minds of many people.

The mass was somber and quiet. Although, a few men coughed discreetly and the ladies dabbed their eyes with a handkerchief as they wept. Curious onlookers and gossipers were particularly interested in Lady Noin's fiancé, Lord Kensington. Rumors speculate that the earl was responsible for her immediate death. None of the rumors could be proven true.

"Noin," He whispered her name hoarsely, stricken with raw guilt inside him. He was a cad. An honorable gentleman would have kept his word. To love, to cherish and to honor the woman he loves. Yet, he has miserably failed her. The inflicting emotion of his pain could not justify the loss of his beloved.

The mass has ended when the bishop gave his final blessing and spoken a brief kind, comforting condolences. A group of men gathered in the altar and slowly descended upon the coffin. They carefully lifted the coffin off the ground and slowly proceeded in the aisle.

"Come, we must go now, brother." Relena said softly, placing her hand on her brother's shoulder.

Milliardo turned to face his little sister and saw the love in her eyes. He made no comments.

He stepped out of the pew and halted the men to stop. "Wait!" He spoke in a commanding tone. The men paused.

He bent down and gently kissed the foot of the coffin. A private moment of brief, sad goodbye. Then, he placed a yellow, long-stemmed roses on top.

"Never more." He said with finality as he watched the procession from the distance.

To be continued...