Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Vision Of Escaflowne Fan Fiction ❯ One Legend, Two Destinies ❯ The Theory ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Escaflowne or Gundam Wing.

One Legend, Two Destinies

The Theory

Fate and Destiny.

They are supposedly the guiding forces in the universe.

Fate. A means to an end. The ending or the beginning of a legacy.

Destiny. An action that you are driven to perform.

Often one is told that one's fate and destiny cannot be changed.

But what if two distinct people lived in the same body? If one started as one being and was suddenly stripped of that identity to be replaced by another, would the new entity have a new fate and destiny? Or would it simply continue to carry out the original one?

If the former is true, what happens when the original persona returns to power? Does that leave the new one intact and simply displace its destiny? Or does it melt together with that of the original?

If the latter is true, were there truly two destinies to begin with? Or were both merely branches that stemmed from the original?

Then again, the age old question that was fought over during the Destiny War also comes into play. Can you change your destiny? Yes. The outcome proved it.

But if you are not consciously able to control your life, can you control your destiny?

If you are of two beings, does your destiny become intertwined with the other? Or do you end up with two completely unique and separate destinies to fulfill? Perhaps.

Perhaps. . .

Grayswandir |<=>0<=>|{::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::>

posted 12/22/2001

updated 3/4/2002