Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ G-men ❯ Agreed ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Category: AU, Yaoi, Gundam Wing fusion with the X-men series
Pairings: 1x2, 3x4, 5x6/6x5
Warnings: none in this part, very short
Author: Arigatomina
Email: arigatoumina@hotmail.com

G-men

Part 2: Agreed

Duo stretched, rubbing his eyes and stopped abruptly as he felt a hand next to his. Not moving his head, he looked to his left and saw that there was a hand handcuffed to his. Lowering his arm, he slowly turned and saw the brown-haired Japanese boy seated beside him, his right wrist handcuffed to Duo's. It was the boy from the cave. Their eyes met.

Snapping his head around, Duo's eyes widened as he saw the other three boys. The green-eyed boy was leaning against the wall near the door, the blond boy was seated in a soft chair across a small coffee table from the couch Duo and the brown-haired boy were on. Looking around, Duo spotted the tracker, seated cross-legged on the floor beside the table. They were all looking at him.

Since none seemed too eager to speak, Duo checked out the room they were in. It looked like a living room. A normal one, except there were no windows and three deadbolt locks were visible on the shut door. Growing nervous beneath the stares, Duo shifted on the couch putting more distance between himself and the boy. Raising his wrist, he looked pointedly at it and then into the cobalt eyes staring at him before catching the gaze of the others. "Is this really necessary?"

The blond boy blushed, causing Duo to stare in surprise. "We didn't want you to run off before we had a chance to talk. I'm sorry for man-handling you like this."

"Well," Duo looked down at the handcuffs again, still uncomfortable with so many eyes on him. He moved his hand to sit between him and the other boy. "Now's your chance. Go ahead and talk. It doesn't look like I'm going anywhere."

"Hn."

Duo looked up, meeting those cobalt eyes beside him. "What?"

"We want you to join us in our fight against OZ." Heero looked to the black haired boy for a moment before his gaze switched to the green-eyed boy. "If you others are qualified, this is a rather open invitation."

Duo looked at him for a moment. "What can you do?"

Heero's eyes narrowed, "I am fast, very fast. I also heal immediately upon injury. That is the extent of my mutant powers, but I'm also trained in espionage. It was an acquaintance of mine who heard about you and wanted me to find you."

Duo stared at him for a minute, then turned to the black haired boy who'd tracked him earlier. "Why were *you* following me? The way you guys were all set to kill each other, I didn't think you were working together."

Black eyes widened. "As soon as I realized your power, I knew our strength would be great. I am an elemental. I can control the weather, the elements. I can also block searches done by telepaths." He shot a glance at the blonde boy.

Following his gaze, Duo looked at the pale boy. "Okay, looks like that's your cue. So you're an telepath?"

"No." Quatre met his eyes reluctantly, still feeling guilty for having invaded the boy's mind. "I *am* an telepath, but I can also find people. And I can control them if I'm close enough."

"So I have *you* to thank for that."

Quatre looked down quickly, pink flooding his cheeks. Duo laughed.

"Don't sweat it. I have to say, it was better than being hit over the head or something." Duo looked at the green-eyed boy, but he wasn't looking at him. His eyes were glued to the blushing blonde. //Well, well. Is this a budding romance I see?// Duo smirked. "How about you? What's your specialty? Are you with these two?" he gestured at Heero and Quatre.

Looking caught for a moment, the tall boy blinked. "I can hide myself from telepaths as well. Better than Wufei."

The black-haired boy leapt to his feet, staring at the tall boy in shock. "How?"

"I am a very strong reader. I can sense other's thoughts, I just can't transmit them. The wall I use to block myself from telepaths makes it difficult to transmit. I also fly."

Duo's eyes widened. "That's a pretty strong talent. So all of you are what, class A mutants? What do you need me for? All I can do is turn invisible. If you guys join forces, you won't have to fight to win, you can just make OZ surrender. You don't need me."

"No." Duo turned to look at the boy beside him. "My mission was to get you to join us. I won't fail my mission."

//Can we say obsessed much?// Duo thought sarcastically. //This guy just might be taking his mission a tad too seriously.// "So what if I decide *not* to join you?"

"That's not an option."

Duo's eyes widened at the intense glare drilling into him, then he forced himself to be reasonable. //Would it be a bad thing? With our combined forces we *would* be able to do a lot of damage. Why not join them? I've been complaining about being lonely. Besides,// he shot a look at the intense boy beside him. //It doesn't look like he's going to take no for an answer.// "What are your names? Mine's Duo Maxwell. I already know yours," he grinned at the black-haired boy who was still standing. "Anything to go with Wufei?"

Wufei's eyes widened for a moment, his face stunned. "Chang," he said finally, "Just call me Wufei."

They continued to look at each other for a minute, then Duo turned abruptly to the boy beside him. "What about you? And could you undo these things?" he raised his hand, "I'm not going to run off."

Heero's eyes narrowed, but he unlocked the handcuffs, setting them on the table. "Heero. Heero Yuy."

Duo nodded, giving him a searching look as he rubbed his wrist absent-mindedly. Then he pinned the blonde boy with a wide grin. "I'm sure you already knew my name what with your having invaded my head like that." He was rewarded with seeing the boy's guilty expression, "What's your name?"

Quatre blushed, hating his inability to control such a display, and shot a glance to the tall boy behind him. He was surprised to see a slight smile on the other boy's face, and his blush deepened before he turned back to Duo. "Quatre. Quatre Winner and I'm sorry about that. It was necessary."

"Yeah," Duo nodded, "I know, but that doesn't mean I forgive you." //God he's easy to tease.// He turned to look at the tall boy, his grin widening as he noticed the small smile as those green eyes watched Quatre. //Wonder if he knows how obvious he his? Probably not. I don't think I should start anything with this one.// "And you?"

"I have no name," the boy looked from Quatre to Duo, unable to meet those blue-green eyes. "If you must call me something, it's Trowa. Call me Trowa Barton."

Duo sat back on the couch, folding his arms. //These guys are complicated. I wonder if we'll be able to work as a unit. I guess we'll find out.//

* * *
TBC