Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ (songfic) My Confession 1 of 3 (Heero POV) ❯ (songfic) When you say you love me 2 of 3 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own the Gundam boys or any other character from the series. I do not own the Songs My Confession, When you say you love me or Remember when it rained. Songs Sung by Josh Groban

Warnings: Angst and suggested death of a character, it's ok people not the boys ^_~

Pairings: 1x2

Rating: PG13

Author: Ryouga.

Author's note: These are all POV's one after the other. Heero's, Duo's, and Relena's in that order.

Author's dedication: Dedicated to Gossamer Wings.

Goss I have to admit you certainly did give me a challenge and a half. I was sure I could knock this up in less than two weeks, but as you can see, it has taken me a lot longer. Finally they are done. I hope they are to your satisfaction and thankyou for throwing it my way. I would never had gone out and brought Josh's Cd if it wasn't for the fact you introduced me to the wonderful talent this young man is gifted with. That and the fact no matter where I went I had trouble finding the songs to download LOL

For Goss; luv ya girl ^_~

29/02/2004

When You Say You Love Me 2 of 3 (Duo's POV)

"…I love you Duo."

// Like the sound of silence calling

I hear your voice and suddenly I'm falling

Lost in a dream

Like the echoes of our souls are meeting

You say those words, my heart stops beating

I wonder what it means //

I stare at you a little shocked as I pull back from our embrace. I swear I heard you say that you loved me. The sound of silence is deafening. Is this a dream? Did you really say you loved me? My head is spinning; you have no idea what those three words mean to me coming from you. Is your soul finally reaching out to mine? My heart skips a beat. Does this mean that you're admitting that you really need me, just as much as I need you?

Has the infamous 'perfect soldier' finally learned to love?

// What could it be that comes over me

At times I can't move

At times I can hardly breathe

When you say you love me

The world goes still, so still inside and

When you say you love me

For a moment, there's no one else alive //

I don't know what it is that you do to me whenever you're around. You only have to walk past me or glance at me from the opposite side of the room and I lose all control over my body. I feel like I can't move and when you leave the room the air that I breathe disappears and I suffocate from the loneliness I feel when you're gone.

I love you.

Those three words have knocked my senses right out of the ballpark, into another plane and deep inside my soul my world has become a tranquil state of harmony. There are so many things I want to say to you but my mind, however, cannot access my thoughts at this point and I feel as if I am the only being in existence.

// You're the one I've always thought of

I don't know how but I feel sheltered in your love

You're where I belong

And when your with me if I close my eyes

There are times I swear I feel like I can fly

For a moment in time Somewhere between

The heavens and earth I'm frozen in time

Oh when you say those words //

You're the one who has my full attention. My thoughts revolve around you almost everyday and I have been longing for you to accept the love I have tried to offer you, but you always pretended not to notice; and now that you have finally accepted me I feel sheltered by the love that radiates from within you. I always knew that somewhere underneath that cold, silent, exterior, lurked something more than just the perfect soldier.

If I were a bird, then I would spread my wings and soar high into the sky taking flight across the vastness of these emotions coursing through my entire being. I am entrapped within a gilded cage, somewhere between the heavens and earth. Everything around me seems to have frozen in time and I wish this moment could stay this way, forever.

// When you say you love me

The world goes still so still inside and

When you say you love me for a moment,

There's no one else alive //

"Aishiteru, Duo."

You repeat the words in your native tongue, confirming the reality of what has just happened. I guess the astounded look on my face is as obvious as I thought it might be. I feel a little sheepish, the big moment has finally arrived and the cat has got my tongue hog tied and stapled to the roof of my mouth. The more I try to speak the more the words refuse to flow, so I choose to remain silent as you hold me tightly to you and for just a moment not even the unforgettable, Relena Dorlian, exists in my world.

I feel sorry for her; her heart was set on you from the moment you met. It was never meant to be, you knew that, I think she knew it too; but that glimmer of hope that remained in her heart refused to free her from her self-deceiving, and now it has been shattered into perhaps hundreds of miniscule fragments of anguish and despair. I have always believed that I could belong only to you and that nothing could ever replace what we have been through together. And when you set things straight with her a few days ago, I noticed she glanced my way before running off in tears, yet you had never mentioned or hinted physically-or-emotionally at the slightest interest in me either; until now.

It puzzles me…

How did she know?

// And this journey that we're on

How far we've come and

I celebrate every moment

When you say you love me

That's all you have to say

I'll always feel this way //

I push her out of my mind and reflect back on the past. It's a little easier to see that the lives we lead now are very much different to the ones we used to live. We have both come so far and have so much to live for now that we should celebrate each-and-every day as if it was our last. You never know what may happen further down the track. Life's journey is full of twists, turns and unavoidable, yet valuable lessons designed to help us learn from our mistakes, but I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that loving you is not one of those mistakes.

I've waited so long just to hear you tell me you love me, and patiently I've taken a back seat, it was worth it for this moment alone and I will always love you. Nothing will ever change the way I feel about you.

// When you say you love me

The world goes still so still inside and

When you say you love me

In that moment I know why I'm alive //

My thoughts flit back to the present and I have to admit, that before you spoke to her I was beginning to think that you and I would never eventuate. I had begun to believe that Relena stood more than just a chance with you, but here we are, together, alone in each other's arms. No Relena, no Gundams; just a silent reality; and us.

// When you say you love me //

If I had to do it all again, I would, just to reach this moment in time and hear you say those three little words that mean so much. I hoped in my heart that I would one day hear them and in that moment when they slipped from your lips I knew why I had felt so alive, why I had survived the wars, why I fought so hard to be free.

It was to be with you, Heero Yuy. That's all I've ever needed and now my world is complete and I am where I belong…

Home in your arms.

"Aishiteru, Heero."

// When you say you love me

Do you know how I love you? //

"Aishiteru."

TBC……