Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Blood on the Window ❯ Blood on the Window ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blood on the Window

I closed my eyes as the warm spatters of blood sprayed across my face, grinning slightly. Sometimes it disturbed me how these little details pleased me.

Duo whimpered.

I turned and narrowed my eyes at him, "If you can't stand the heat, then stay out of the fire." I turned back to my quarry, watching him slide down the wall. There was a small hole where the bullet had penetrated the wall after his head, and a blood trail that followed the path of the corpse.

"Heero," he whispered.

I punched the wall as I blew a bubble with my gum, breaking the hole larger and digging out the bullet before bending over and picking up the casing.

Duo was still standing in the same spot as I washed my hands with the soap at the sink and dried them off with a paper-towel, using another to wipe the blood off my face, throwing that one on top of the body as I carried the bag of trash with me, passing it to him and sliding on my gloves.

"What are you doing?" he demanded, blinking at me as I put another liner into the trash-can.

"The less they have to go on, the easier they'll give up on this case." I informed him, studying his eyes. I didn't get him sometimes, really. He knew I was an assassin. "Go get your ass in the car, and I swear to you that I will fuck you up if I hear you praying."

His expression became troubled as he glanced at the trash bag.

"Put it in the back seat. I'm dumping it down town."

He nodded, moving slowly through the small apartment.

"Duo? Don't touch anything with your hands."

"All right." his voice portrayed no emotion.

I shook my head, dropping a dollar bill on the guy's chest and looking around the apartment again. I'd only been here a few minutes. Not much time for anything to get disturbed.

I popped another bubble as I followed my former co-pilot toward my car. I grinned slightly as he came into sight, locking the door behind myself. Duo had his head bowed and I could see his lips moving.

"You should really look into some constructive sin, Maxwell." I informed him as I backed out of the parking spot with my lights off. The engine of my car purred like a content kitten and I knew that none of the sleeping neighbors of this quiet suburban hell could hear it.

"Like what?" he demanded, his voice wary.

I did have that effect on him, didn't I?

I flashed him a grin, "Like getting laid for a start." I replied, starting off down the road.

"Lead us not into temptation…." he whispered.

I moved my right arm like I'd slam my palm into his face, stopping just shy of doing that and meeting his eyes when he looked at me.

He looked away quickly.

"So tonight," I added, turning on my lights and turning toward the city, "That will be my aim."

"Heero…" he started.

"What's your flavor?"

"Excuse me?" he muttered, blinking at me in polite disbelief.

I grinned at him, "Male? Female? Tall? Brunette? Come on, I'm not gonna pick just any Tom, Dick, or Henry…"

"That's good," he breathed in something near fear, "Because I'd prefer a Suzan."

I laughed delightedly, winking at him as I turned toward my house, "You should try something new, choir-boy." I flashed a grin at him, "The lord forgives all sin."

.

Relena was laughing as we moved into Heero's house. Together she and Hilde were eating away at the contents of a pint of ice cream. Heero moved directly up to Relena, kissing her on the lips before turning to the fridge.

"How'd it go?" she asked after him, studying me with a slight frown.

"You look as white as a ghost, Duo, are you all right?" Hilde breathed at me, moving across the small kitchen to rest a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine." I muttered, not sure if I were or not. That wasn't the first time I'd seen Heero kill, and I knew it wouldn't be the last. That was, however, the first time I'd seen him excited about the blood on his face. His expression had been elated.

His eyes traveled over my face, glowing with that evil glow. I could swear he was possessed.

"What did you do to him?" Relena demanded, her tone slightly petulant, "I swear, if you broke him…"

Heero laughed at that, winking at his sometimes girlfriend and tossing me a can of soda, "It went fine. You know Duo; he's quite the pacifist. I think he'd have put you to shame a few years ago."

I looked away from both of them, meeting Hilde's eyes.

"You guys are so mean to him, I don't understand why he even comes to see you anymore." that was directed at Heero.

Heero's eyes went considerate as he looked me over, then he shook his head, "Come on, Choir-boy, my show's on."

I moved to follow him.

"You don't like his kind of show, Duo…" Hilde'd grabbed me by the wrist.

"Leave him alone," Relena instructed, "He can follow Heero if he feels like it."

Hilde let me go, turning to give Relena a disgusted look, "You are absolutely no help. Why don't you rein him in?" this had a gesture at Heero thrown in.

Relena sighed in disgust, "Really, Hilde," she started.

I made my exit then, joining Heero on the couch as he met my eyes, shaking his head slightly. We could hear the females bickering.

I was at a loss. I really did not like the types of shows Heero did. This one had scantily clad women dancing in the background while a male announcer laughingly interviewed people while dancing with a woman who barely had any clothing on at all.

Heero laughed, flashing a grin at me-I grinned in return, realizing he really was listening to the guy talking, not just ogling the women. It made me embarrassed, because the amount of skin in evidence had my complete attention.

Heero's eyes landed on me when I didn't laugh with him a second time, changing the channel, "That guy is so full of shit sometimes." he muttered.

I decided not to say anything.

"I guess we should go," he added, looking at his watch, "I really didn't want to stay here long. Just enough to get you into something less churchy."

I frowned at him, looking down at my jeans and t-shirt. I'd made a point of not bringing a single button-up shirt with me. I'd even left my nice shoes at home.

How could I never please him?

"Duo, those look like you ironed him," he informed me-which embarrassed me, because I had.

"You can borrow a pair of mine," he went on, rising to his feet, "And then we can wash all that shit you ironed this morning so it looks like you don't spend your week in a monastery."

.

I watched Heero come across the bar with a drink, looking from person to person, then noticed Duo behind him. The guy was staring at his drink in something like dismay as he followed Heero blindly. Also, Duo was wearing a pair of Heero's jeans, and there was no way in hell that shirt was his.

"Hey!" I shouted, jumping the bar and moving up to pull Duo into a hug, "I'm glad you made it! How come you didn't call me!" I protested, turning to punch Heero in the arm.

"Hey, Fei." Heero greeted me, "Sorry, I had a job."

"You're shittin' me," I muttered quietly to him, glaring at him in disbelief. "You should have fuckin' called me." I turned back to Duo, studying his eyes, "Are you all right? You want me to take you to the church?"

"Tcch," Heero was irritated, "Honestly, Chang, I'm leading him into a bit of constructive sin. He can go pray at the alter all day tomorrow if he wants."

I studied Heero a long moment, annoyed. I really didn't understand why he treated Duo the way he did. I also didn't understand why Duo tolerated the bull-shit so much. Nothing Heero ever did could deter him. He wanted Heero's approval for some god-awful reason, and Heero never actually gave it to him.

"I'm fine, Fei." Duo muttered quietly, "Let's just have fun tonight, huh?"

I dropped my arm, studying him.

"Bartender!" a guy snapped at me in irritation, "Can I get a drink, or do I have to wait all night?"

I spat at him.

"It's fine, Fei!" Duo said instantly, "Go ahead…"

The guy had approached us.

"Listen, I just got into town," Duo muttered to him in a tone meant to sooth, getting between us, "We haven't seen each other in a while…"

"Do I look like I give a shit?" the man spat in return, getting in Duo's face.

Duo stopped, meeting his eyes in disbelief.

Heero was grinning as he tapped my arm, indicating I should watch this.

"Why don't you back the fuck off before you get your ass kicked, pretty-boy," the man snapped.

Duo's jaw set and he extended his drink toward us.

Heero took it, looking more excited than I'd seen him in an age.

"Uh, Dude…I suggest you back off." I muttered, grinning slightly.

Duo flashed me a look before looking back to his aggressor.

The man gave me a look as well, then met Duo's eyes, "Do you really think you could hurt me?" he demanded, grabbing the front of Duo's shirt, "I dare you, take your best fuckin' shot."

Duo slammed him hard in the middle so he was knocked back a few steps, stumbling against the bar, "I suggest you back the fuck off, mother-fucker."

Heero was starting to laugh.

"I didn't come here to fight, and I certainly did not," this was accompanied with a glance to the pair of us, "Come here to fuck with useless peons."

The man looked lost as he blinked at Duo.

"That's you, dumbass," Duo whispered.

Heero's laughter was verging on naughty.

The man shoved at him, "You think you're so much smarter than me, asshole?" he demanded, "Then do the math here."

He had a point. He was a good foot taller than Duo, and just broad enough to show he worked out.

Duo laughed in a fashion I'd heard Heero laugh before, and I wondered slightly if he were terrified and acting out of need.

"You think size matters, fucker?" he muttered pleasantly, "You're a bit bigger than me…but size is really not an issue."

Heero was still laughing, though he'd downed half of his drink already.

The man was studying Duo's eyes, looking to see if there was ruse in any of this.

"Chang, what the fuck!"

I jumped, focusing on my boss and realizing that a circle had appeared around the pair.

"Just let them fight," Heero whispered.

Of course, that very attitude had made me lose my last job-and while I really wanted to see if Duo could back up his evident confidence, I liked this place and intended to work at it for some time more.

I sighed, moving forward and pushing them apart, "All right," I said evenly, "That's enough."

The man shoved violently at me, knocking me back a few feet-sort of.

Duo's entire manner went cold.

"Come on, fucker," the guy muttered, making a gesture at Duo to attack.

"Guys, no!" I said sternly, picking myself up from the floor and moving at them again-only to let the guy knock me back again. From the corner of my eye, I saw Heero "accidentally" impeding the bouncer on duty inside the bar.

"I'm constrained to certain laws," Duo's voice sent actual shivers up my spine, causing both Heero and I to focus on him, "You take the first swing."

"You think I want the law on my head for this?"

Duo's laughter was something I couldn't say I'd ever heard before.

"Dude," I muttered, moving forward to rest a hand on the guy's shoulder. I could not believe what I was seeing on Duo's face.

Violence.

The man brushed me off again, blinking at me when I didn't let him knock me back, "Seriously, Dude…"

This time he truly did shove me.

"Don't touch my fuckin' friends, asshole."

There was no imitation in Duo's tone.

The man turned to him…and swung.

Of course, no one expected Duo to catch his arm and twist it up behind him. No one expected the expression of complete pain on his face-and I certainly wasn't expecting this to be in my face.

"Apologize," Duo spat.

The man didn't say anything-and Duo did something, causing the guy to cry out.

"Apologize!"

"Fuck yo…." this trailed into a scream of pain.

"Apologize, mother-fucker, before I snap your arm off," Duo whispered.

"I'm sorry!" the guy stammered at me, "I'm sorry, I'm fuckin' sorry!"

I nodded, blinking disbelievingly up at Duo as the guy kneed his captive so he fell at my feet, nearly falling backwards as he darted to get away and ran into me. In a moment he was gone.

Heero moved up to Duo, an approving grin on his face as he passed him his drink, "I knew you were competent," Heero said approvingly, "But I didn't realize you could do that shit."

Duo followed Heero's example and downed half the bottle in one swig, toasting me slightly.

"Chang!"

I jumped, turning back to my boss.

"I am for hire," Heero muttered too quietly for anyone but Duo or myself to hear.

"Heero." Duo admonished.

I grinned at the guy, hopping the bar again and meeting their eyes, "Drinks on the house, boys. What do you want?"

Heero's laugher was completely evil, "A blow-job."

Duo turned to him with shocked eyes.

I rolled my eyes at Duo so he knew that Heero hadn't meant the physical action, pulling out a glass and starting to gather the alcohol.

"And for myself," Heero added, leaning against the bar, "Baron's Blood suffices."

I met his eyes, grinning slightly as Duo digested what had just been said to him and meeting Duo's eyes, "Cream?"

.

I woke up slowly, not sure what was more prominent, my need to pee or my need to puke. The bed I was in was soft, and the room smelled of perfume…and something else. I took a deep breath of it as I pushed myself slowly up-and opened my eyes.

To see a magnificent specimen of the female gender turning slightly to become more comfortable now that she didn't have me to snuggle against.

I took a deep slow breath, looking around the room with a slightly dropped jaw.

Where the fuck was I?

I caught my breath as the night's events suddenly came back to me, stumbling across the room into the bathroom and shutting the door as I stared at myself in the mirror.

God forgive me.

My short hair was nearly standing on end, and my neck had several hickies of varying shades covering it.

Where was I? Oh god, forgive me…I'd slept with her! I'd had sex with her!

Worse, I didn't even know her name!

I whimpered to myself, moving to the sink and running the water across my face.

"What's wrong?" her voice was sweet as she pushed the bathroom door open, "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine!" I lied instantly, "I'm fine…just…"

She laughed, "I told you that you drank too much last night. Go ahead and puke if you need to. I think I have a travel toothbrush in the medicine cabinet you can have."

"All right," I muttered, not believing how absolutely calm she was.

"I really didn't think you'd still be here when I woke up," she added in a pleased fashion, "I'm glad you are."

I laughed nervously, patting my face with a towel.

"Are you going to hang around this morning? Or do you have to go back?"

"I…I should probably…"

"Because if you wanted to stay…" her tone was completely suggestive, "I mean…last night was wonderful…and you're sober now."

I rested my head against the counter.

"Duo?" she seemed uncertain now.

"I have to go to the bathroom." I informed her, not sure what else to say.

She laughed a naughty laugh, "You know where the condoms are."

God have mercy on my soul.

.

I died laughing as Duo came into the house with an expression of stunned-disbelief on his face, "How was Kayla?"

"That was her name?" he asked me, his voice breaking slightly, "Heero…I slept with that girl…"

"I told you," I reassured him, "Constructive sin."

"How was that constructive?" he demanded, blinking at me.

I laughed more.

"Heero," he added, staring me straight in the face, "I don't think that's very funny."

I grinned at him, "I know. Don't worry about it."

He stared at me a moment longer, "I slept with her this morning, too." he muttered, "I wasn't even drunk!"

I couldn't help my laughter at that.

"What are you laughing at, Heero?" Relena demanded, coming back into the room to blink at Duo.

"She…she…" he lost his voice, then focused on my girlfriend and fell silent.

Relena coughed into her hand, moving across the room to grab Duo by the elbow, "Why don't you go take a shower?" she asked him in a soothing voice.

He danced away from her grasp.

"Relena," I said warningly, noting the panicked look in his eyes.

She turned and gave me an "it's fine." look before stepping at Duo again.

He shied off-again.

I watched in mild disbelief as she chased my friend toward the bathroom, listening to her talk soothingly to him. I couldn't believe when she reassured him that she wasn't going to try to seduce him, she just thought he should get a shower and get dressed. When he calmed down and started cooperating after this I was in complete shock.

The front door slammed open again and Wufei danced into the room, laughing merrily, "I just had the night of nights!" he informed me, dropping his jacket near the door, "Where's Duo? He back yet?"

"He's in the bathroom," Relena replied easily, "Taking a shower." this was followed with a look at both of us.

"What?" Wufei asked innocently.

"Don't what me!" she snapped at him, "Which of you set him up last night? Which of you got him drunk enough that he went home with some chick and got screwed?"

"He did get fucked?" Wufei asked pleasantly.

Relena's look promised death.

"Uh…I mean…" Wufei stopped laughing.

She gave us both disgusted looks, then stormed from the room.

I chuckled, "And just imagine what Hilde will have to say after this." I muttered pleasantly, "You know Relena's going to call her."

Wufei's smile faltered as he looked toward the bathroom.

"I slept with her this morning, too…" I mimicked what Duo had said to me, "I wasn't even drunk!"

Wufei's eyes went wide and he glanced to the bathroom before sighing and shaking his head, "I guess we probably shouldn't have done that." he muttered.

I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious, Heero," Wufei added, frowning at me, "We both know how he is about sin…"

"It was a dirty trick," I conceded, wondering if Relena was within hearing range, "But you know…he knows what I do every time he comes to see me, so he can't be completely adverse."

Wufei dropped his head, trying not to smirk

"Heero Yuy!"

I turned my head to focus on Relena, who I now realized had been standing just out of sight with the phone in her hand. She had her hands on her hips now and was glaring at me.

I smiled at her, "Look me in the eyes," I muttered, "And tell me I'm wrong."

It amused me that I knew she couldn't.



.
E/N: I'm not quite sure what made me think of this story, I'm not even sure why I decided to write it. I don't own Gundam Wing or anything that appears to make me money. And I have to thank Yira and Niko for their muse-ness. -Kye