Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 1 Blood on the Window ❯ Mania ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Mania

"What the hell did you say to him?" Heero demanded of Duo. He'd been extremely pleased the entire time we'd been at Jesse's barbeque, where Jesse had talked to Duo the entire time.

"I brought Relena to his party," Duo replied, grinning larger.

Heero blinked at him in confusion.

Relena giggled as she joined us, pulling her hair into a bun, "I was the queen of the world, and in five or ten years or so I'll take over my kingdom again…"

"Conceited, are we?" Heero asked, giving her a look.

She giggled, kissing his lips then kissing Duo's cheek, "Thank you for letting me come, Duo. I haven't had that much fun in an age." she moved past the three of us and disappeared into the kitchen.

I grinned at Heero when he looked to me for help.

"Ooh," Duo met my eyes again, "He offered to get me passes to anything I wanted…we could go trash Burn again." he smiled at me.

I laughed, thinking about that.

"Not without me." Heero replied firmly, "And Trowa."

Duo frowned at him, "That may be asking too much, Heero…" he started.

"Please, he feels indebted to you and those passes are absolutely free to him. Just call him and tell him."

Duo met my eyes.

I grinned at him, catching his hand and starting to walk up the stairs.

"Wufei, what are you doing?" Heero's voice held a note of something like warning.

I met his eyes, blinking at him.

He indicated mine and Duo's hands, since Duo hadn't pulled away.

I licked my lips pointedly as Trowa came into the room, then winked at them both and started off up the stairs again, shutting and locking the bedroom door before shoving Duo onto the bed and straddling him, "You want to just go again? Me and you?"

He blinked suddenly, focusing on my left hand and his ring.

I rested my weight back, frowning at it, "Why did you take it from me when those girls showed up?" I asked finally, twisting it on my finger, "And why did you give it back?"

Duo studied my eyes, his expression clearing completely of any emotion, "I want you to have it."

"But why did you take it?" I pressed, meeting his eyes again, "Those girls called you and I would have sworn you were hiding from them…and then you took the ring. Why? If you don't want them to see you without it, why give it back?"

He shrugged, studying it on my finger instead of talking to me.

I could tell somehow that he didn't want to talk to me about it.

I slid off him, taking it off my finger and offering it to him.

"I want you to have it." he said more firmly, sitting up himself.

I sighed in disgust, sliding it back onto my finger and frowning at him again.

"And as for Burn, I don't want to go back without the others. We can make a night of it."

"But if it were me and you again," I started, frowning when I realized that there'd be no way for he and I to get anywhere dressed properly.

"We can get Hilde to baby-sit like last time," Duo muttered, lying back again, "And then just us guys can go."

I nodded, not willing to quite give up the topic of the ring. "What did Heero mean, pictures?" I muttered finally, meeting Duo's eyes. Small facts about that encounter had been eating at me for the past day and a half…since we'd seen them.

Duo sighed, pulling himself to his feet and pausing a long moment over his bag-then kneeled down and opened a side pocket, pulling out a smile pile of photos, tossing them at me as he lay next to me on the bed again.

I picked them up, blinking curiously. There were at least twelve of them, and all of them had Duo with…teenage girls.

"What is this?" I demanded, flipping through them all, seeing Duo from different angles as he smiled up at the faces of the girls. They were all wearing the same short skirt, but some of them weren't wearing much else. In one of them, he was sitting in the middle of several of them and they were all smiling up at whoever held the camera.

The final one was of Duo smirking at the camera-he looked tired, but otherwise amused.

I met his eyes before starting to flip through them again.

"I said that I was a tutor," he snapped, snatching them from him, "You heard Valerie. I arranged with all of their parents for them to come to my place after school twice a week to help them pass."

I took the pictures back from him and looked all the images over, "This was your apartment?" I asked finally.

"Yeah." he muttered, "What's your problem? You're like…all irritated with me."

"And you're defensive." I replied, meeting his eyes as he took them from me again, "Which leads to my speculations about the things you might have done."

He frowned at me, setting the pictures on his nightstand, "I don't know what you're talking about." he wasn't meeting my eyes, though.

I snorted, leaning over him to grab them again. On this third inspection I saw something I'd previously missed. None of the girls were looking at him…oddly. Each of them had a happy smile on their face like they were having fun in a completely safe environment.

"So…did you…like…tutoring them?" I asked finally, meaning to mend the breach I'd caused out of ignorant jealousy.

"It was fun." he replied, shrugging, "It made a difference."

I nodded, passing the photos back to him but keeping the one of him alone. The expression on his face was completely him.

"Um?"

"This one is mine, just like the ring." I informed him, sliding it into my own nightstand, "At least until you get me a better one…on both counts." I flashed him a smirk.

He snorted, rising to his feet and unlocking the door before moving to lay on his stomach next to me, studying my eyes, "I'll see if I can just get us more passes to Burn." he decided, "At least if they're from Jesse we won't have Jun breathing down our necks waiting for us to show up."

"Yeah," I muttered, laying out next to him, then curling to his side, "That seems like a good idea."

.

"Hey, Jesse!" I said pleasantly surprised by the call.

"Hello, Tailor." Jesse replied excitedly, "Guess what I just found out?"

"I know the fastest way to hell?" I guessed, not sure what he wanted to hear.

He laughed, "I don't doubt that…but no. The Burn is having Jacob Leigh perform live on Friday night!"

"Oh, wow," I muttered, impressed. Jacob Leigh was a rock-star of international proportions.

"And guess what else?" I could tell Jacob was extremely excited for some reason.

"Hm?"

"I have two spare passes."

I sat up, suddenly realizing that this was my chance to have him repay my favor.

"I don't know if you like Leigh," he added, seeming slightly crest-fallen, "But when I heard…well…"

"Are you offering these to me?" I asked, forcing a tone of suppressed excitement into my voice.

"I was thinking…I mean, I said I could get you passes…"

"Yeah." I muttered, grinning at Wufei as he came into the room and blinked at me.

"Kayla?" he asked.

I shook my head mutely at him, "How much do you want for them?"

"Want?" Jesse asked blankly, "No, I meant to give them to you…I mean…you did let me meet my queen…so…"

"Are you kidding?" I asked, feigning some excitement, "Just like that? Dude, how would you like to meet Hilde Shbleiker?"

He fell silent.

I laughed, "Sally Poe? Zechs Peacecraft? Come on, work with me…"

He laughed nervously, "That depends on what you'd expect back from the meetings…."

I laughed more, "I'm kidding. Don't worry…I'd love the tickets."

"Are you gonna take your girlfriend?"

Most of a month had passed since the first barbeque, and each Sunday since then I'd gone to his house for an hour or two with Wufei. I'd brought Kayla the second time.

"Well…no," I muttered, startled, "That's me and Fei's thing."

"To cause havoc at Burn?" Jesse laughed delightedly, "Here, I'll pull some strings and get you a few more passes, does that sound like fun? You just have to promise me something."

"Like what?"

"I want you to cause Jun a bit of hell…I don't care if Wufei never lays eyes on the guy, but you need to go talk to him. He's decided you're the devil himself, and you know what your showing up with Wufei will do to him." he laughed an evil sounding laugh.

I grinned at Wufei, who was blinking extremely curiously at me now.

"So how about this," I offered, "if I see him I'll sit there and make out with Fei a bit, does that sound good?"

"I like it, and I don't even know what you're talking about." Wufei muttered to me, smirking.

Jesse laughed delightedly, "But you should go talk to him, too! Just a passing hello while you get drinks or something."

"Jesse," I muttered, thinking about this a bit more thoroughly, Heero and I had gone out on two more jobs over the weeks, and he'd turned a third hit down at one point for gang association. "I can't really do this shit for you."

Jessie sighed, "But you're my friend, aren't you?"

"Am I?" I asked, "You're the leader of a syndicate and I'm the partner of an assassin who does not associate himself with any syndicate. If I start fucking off on your orders…"

"Oh, come on, Duo, we both know that Jun wants Wufei in the worst way! I may only have the facts you two told me that day, but I heard a rumor or two that you killed three guys that night…with your supposéd fast talking."

"I haven't killed since the wars," I told him honestly. I had not pulled the trigger of that gun on those three goons. I had aimed the gun, but I wasn't the one who'd killed them.

He fell silent a long moment, "Well…three guys ended up dead."

"Coulda sworn I saw a couple guys in black jackets when we were leaving." I replied easily.

"That's his story, too, but First-Rite hasn't hit this area in about a year, so why would they come suddenly and kill three guards, put a bullet through the door, and leave Jun alive?" he was truly curious.

"I haven't a clue." I replied, smirking at Wufei, "I'm not in on syndicate activities."

"Hm…" Jesse fell silent a long moment.

"I'll gladly take the two passes to see Leigh in return for meeting Relena."

Wufei's jaw dropped and his eyes got huge.

"But I can't take the other passes with strings attached, sorry."

"Dude, I'll fuck you for extra passes," Wufei muttered, moving close to my face, "Just do it, please? Heero would kill to take Relena to see Leigh…"

I moved the phone from my mouth to smirk at Wufei, "I was under the impression it wouldn't take much for you to fuck me."

He laughed, smacking me, "Seriously, though…" his eyes suddenly glinted and he stared directly into my eyes, "I will let you fuck me if you do it."

I choked on that, a series of images and vague ideas running through my mind.

"Did I just hear him correctly?" Jesse asked me, his tone slightly curious.

"If you heard him offering to let me fuck him, then yes," I muttered, shoving Wufei off when he tried to straddle me-sometimes that was fine, but other times…

Jesse laughed, "Are you going to do it?"

"No." I muttered, smacking Wufei, who'd hit me in irritation.

"Ouch…don't." he muttered, lying beside me on the bed.

I laughed, "I'm not actually interested in fucking Wufei, you see. We're friends, but…"

"You're a very confusing man, Mr. Johnson." Jesse informed me, "Had I ever mentioned that?"

"I think you may have a time or two, yes."

He laughed, "All right…I'll come into the bar tonight and drop them off…you still are accompanying Mr. Chang, aren't you?"

"Even if I'm not there, you can give them to him, since we're who's going."

"Very well then, I'll see you this evening." Jesse sounded excited again, "And then will the debt be paid?" he added.

I laughed, "It's your debt, it's your call. I did it of my own volition so any return will be of your choosing."

He laughed again, "We can call it closed, then…if I don't see you tonight, I'll see you Sunday."

"I'll keep you in my prayers." I agreed in something like a formula as he hung up, hanging up myself, "Now, if I prayed anymore…" I muttered, turning to lie across Wufei and smirk down at him as he stared up at me with huge eyes. "If you ever do that again," I muttered, running my fingertips down his cheek, "Then I'll hurt you." I smacked him in the stomach, which caused him to gasp, then jumped up and darted for the door as he jumped at me in return, laughing my ass off as we fell to the floor.

.

"Sometimes I wonder about those two," I muttered hopefully to Heero as Miguel studied the ceiling curiously.

Heero snorted and rolled his eyes, "It's nothing to think about," he informed me, "Duo just hasn't acknowledged that Wufei's attracted to him and Wufei wouldn't press it even if Duo did. This way Wufei gets his snuggles and Duo can go on acting like it's a normal friendship."

I looked to Miguel, blinking.

He shrugged, "You do that to me sometimes."

"Do you have a crush on Trowa, Miguel?" Heero asked, looking up from the magazine he'd been reading to smirk at the guy.

"Sometimes." Miguel muttered, flicking his eyebrows in response, "Right now it's all you, though," he affected an extremely gay accent as he ran his fingertips over Heero's knuckles.

Heero said something I couldn't quite understand, shoving Miguel's hand away and laughing his ass off as he stood from his seat.

Miguel started laughing as well, shaking his head and grinning at me.

I laughed as well, deciding not to tell Heero how much truth Miguel's statement had held. I knew he was right. There were times when he'd be following me around like a little lost puppy, trying for every bit of my attention he could manage, so I'd set aside an hour or two for us to just watch television or something. It hadn't happened in an age, so I was feeling pretty certain he was over it, but that didn't mean it hadn't happened in the past.

Heero resettled in his seat, then looked toward the living room as two sets of feet pounded down the stairs. A moment later Duo appeared looking flushed and tried to catch his breath as Wufei came in and knocked him to the floor. Duo was laughing again.

"You know what he just did?" Wufei demanded of us all.

"What?" Heero asked, blinking at Duo ask he picked himself up from the floor.

"He just turned down extra passes to go see Leigh in concert at the Burn!"

We all focused on Duo.

Duo'd stopped laughing now, frowning at us all.

"You turned down passes?" Heero demanded, rising to his feet, "I take it Jesse wanted to return the favor?"

Duo nodded.

"You turned down passes?" Heero demanded, more severe this time.

"He wanted me to fuck with Jun," Duo muttered in explanation, frowning at Heero.

"You have a problem with that?" Wufei demanded, his eyes burning.

Duo glanced at him, then at us, then looked back to Heero, "He wanted me to let Wufei give me a hickies, then go talk to Jun."

Heero thought about that.

"How hard would it be to let me do that?" Wufei demanded in irritation, "Shit, you'd probably like it."

I coughed back a laugh as Miguel met my eyes with his own trying-not-to-laugh look.

"No," Heero muttered to the rest of us, "No, I can see his point."

"How?" I asked sardonically.

"We're assassins in a city of syndicates and power struggles," Heero explained, "Duo and I can't get ourselves too attached to any one gang."

"Duo's been going to his house every week!" I protested, "How is that not getting attached?"

"You have a point." Heero muttered, pointing at me and thinking, then meeting Duo's eyes, "Would you mind fucking with Jun?"

"Not in the slightest." Duo replied, "If I could do it without starting a cataclysm, I'd kill him."

Wufei sighed.

Heero considered this, then met Duo's eyes again, "I think you could pull this off."

"You think I could, or you really want to come with me and Fei to the concert?"

"Both." Heero replied easily, "Can you call him back?"

"Well," Duo muttered, thinking, "It's my turn to sit with Fei, and he's going to bring the passes in tonight. I'll talk to him and see what he can do."

"Good," Heero muttered, smiling slightly and thinking a moment, "If it doesn't work, how much do you want for the passes?"

"What?" Duo demanded, taken off guard.

"You have no idea how much Relena would love me if I took her to see Jacob Leigh in concert." Heero muttered, smiling, "And that's a love I don't mind buying."

Duo laughed.

.

The bar was bouncing tonight, my section was as full as normal, and some of my regulars were calling for me to do tricks. Evidently I was just as entertaining as the band playing on the stage.

I laughed, meeting Duo's eyes as he nodded at me, then went into a trick, which caused cheers to fly around me-then nearly dropped a bottle, which got jeers and laughter. I made up for the mistake by balancing the bottle on Duo's ring, however, and within moments had finished that drink off and was moving onto the next one.

Duo disappeared for a moment behind the crowd, and when he reappeared, he was talking to Jesse, one eye on me.

I laughed, setting the bottles down and moving down the bar to them, leaning across the way to smile at the guy.

"Hey, Wufei," he greeted me happily, brushing the passes under my nose.

There were more than two.

"So…" Duo said carefully, eyeing them, "How many do you have there?"

"I only managed a few," Jesse muttered, flipping through them as if they were bills and shrugging, "I'd arranged it before you turned me down, so I guess I'll have to do something else with the rest." he took two of them and handed them to me.

I grinned at him.

"Hm," Duo muttered in false consideration, "Something tells me that you made an assumption."

Jesse laughed.

"I can do what you asked of me." Duo said finally, "And maybe a little more." he flicked a grin at me, "But I can't keep doing shit for you."

"I wouldn't dream of asking." Jesse muttered, passing the rest of the passes into Duo's hand with a grin, "And I was actually telling the truth. I told the guy to get me more passes before you said you couldn't do it, and couldn't very well return them after I'd got them."

Duo laughed, pocketing the things and offering a hand to Jesse.

Jesse shook it happily, then turned to me, "I happen to be a bit parched, Mr. Chang."

"Hm, on the house, I suppose." I muttered, looking at the passes and tucking them into my back pocket, "Just because I like you so much."

He laughed at me.

I stepped back, pulling a glass from the stack behind me without looking at it and flipping it up in front of my face, catching it and raising my eyebrows at him as the cheers started again.

"A good blow job would do me wonders," he informed me.

I laughed delightedly, turning to the shelf and gathering my ingredients, turning back to him, "Cream?"

.

"Relena?" I muttered as I moved up behind her. She was nearing the end of her…menses…and we'd argued all morning over a piece of bread, even though I'd tried to stop it.

"Don't touch me." she muttered petulantly before I could wrap an arm around her waist.

I carefully did not touch her as I held the passes in front of her, starting to massage her lower back when she took them from me. I could feel how tense she was, and wondered how painful it really must be for her. She was relaxing, however, bracing herself against the counter with one hand as she read down the ticket.

"Oh my god," she muttered, turning to face me, her eyes huge, "Who'd you have to kill to get these?"

"Only Duo." I shrugged.

She giggled, meeting my eyes a long moment, "This is for real?"

"Yeah…we can have Duo's service on Saturday or Sunday."

She giggled again, looking back to them, excitement finally registering in her features…she threw her arms around me, hugging me tightly, "Oh my god, I love you!" she announced before pulling away from me and running off.

I stood alone in the kitchen, blinking at the door to the living room as she ran up the stairs…and pounded on Duo's door.

"Yeah?" I could barely hear Duo…until there was a thud on the floor.

I moved into the living room as Trowa and Miguel blinked up at me. Alexia was busy eating a bowl of cereal.

Wufei was laughing.

"What's…going on?" Trowa asked slowly, rising to his feet.

"Haven't you talked to Duo this morning?" I asked him, grinning, "Didn't you hear the good news?"

"What, he's pregnant?" Miguel asked, giving me a look.

I laughed, "No, no…he'll tell you later, I'm sure." I started up the stairs.

"Tio, Duo can't be pregnant." Alex informed Miguel, "He's a boy."

"Oh," Miguel muttered as Trowa laughed, "Sorry, I forgot."

I could see Alex smiling at him as I started up the stairs.

.

"You can't come?" Duo frowned at Kayla, slightly upset. Their relationship was moving along at a good clip, and it was all I could do not to hate her for the attention she received. I knew it was dumb of me to be jealous of someone I couldn't have, but that didn't change the fact that I was.

"I know…" she muttered, "I'm going to my sister's…I'll be there until Sunday."

"You go every weekend!" Duo protested, sounding slightly hurt, "Can't you just…skip one night?"

"My mom isn't well, Duo." Kayla muttered, giving him a patient look, "I know it's not always ideal…but…well, I can't skip out on her…okay?"

Duo sighed heavily, looking away from her eyes.

"I don't want you mad at me," she muttered, grabbing his hands and pulling them up to her mouth, "Please…just…don't be mad at me."

"Then come with us!" Duo snapped.

"Duo." I muttered.

He sighed, sitting back and thinking.

"She's only twenty anyway," I added, "It's not like they'd let her in."

Kayla gave me a look.

I shrugged at her, "What?" I met Duo's eyes again, sliding into Chinese, "Besides, I don't think she'd really appreciate it."

He sighed, "I guess…"

"What?" she demanded, looking between us, "I hate it when you do that, what did you say?" she pouted at me.

"If I'd meant for you to understand, I'd have said it in English." I informed her, "Just look at it this way, he won't be mad at you now, and if you swear not to cut his balls off, I'll warn you about something."

"What?" she demanded.

"I'm getting sick of Jun's shit." I explained to her, "So I'm going to pretend that Duo's my boyfriend for a little bit. Nothing serious, just a little necking, all right?"

"Were you even going to tell me?" she demanded of Duo.

"I was kinda caught up on the fact that you weren't coming with us." he snapped, "Sorry it slipped my mind."

She frowned at him, thinking over the injustice of this.

"I was going to tell you," Duo snapped finally, "I just wanted you to come."

"Well I'm sorry I have a family." she muttered at him.

He narrowed his eyes at her.

She gave him another look, then sighed, sliding off his lap, "I'm gonna go. You've annoyed me."

"Fine." he replied easily, "Are you coming over in the morning?"

"No, I leave at six." she replied, stopping to give me a long hard stare before starting out again.

I caught the door before it could slam, "Good night, Kayla!" I called after her, "Have a safe trip home!"

"Fei, don't piss her off more," Duo muttered at me, moving to lay down on the bed.

"Sorry," I muttered, silently exulting as I turned off the light and dropped my jeans, crawling under the sheets, "It was just…too perfect."

The front door slammed and I cuddled against Duo's side happily.

He sighed heavily, but didn't say a word.


E/N: *giggles* thanks for the review, Stray. hehe, I ask for your patience, though, because many of the questions you asked are answered in later chapters. I will, however, direct you to my site, because I have been updating Blood nearly daily on that. http://kansei.dustkitty.net/blood/ I now wish I'd have waited a bit longer to clean the story up before starting to post it here and what have you, becuase Duo did make a rapid 180°. *sniffles* It has a plot! It's just slow!! I needed to touch on several points before I kicked it up...and needed to get characters developed...waah! *laughs* okay, I'll stop now. See ya around. ~Kye