Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 13x1 ❯ Reunion ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN Not too many people reviewed the last chapter and reviews would be really appreciated. BTW If you're reading this on mediaminer the site isn't letting me access my reviews, can anyone help me?

Summary/Rating/Disclaimer See first chapter.

13x1

Chapter Eight

Treize stopped outside of the door Sally was indicating and she fought a smile, for a former all-powerful dictator Treize was acting a lot like a teenager on a first date.

"Go on," she pushed him lightly, "I'm sure he won't bite, unless," she gave him a wicked grin, "unless you want him to that is…"

Treize flushed a bit and she watched him carefully, looking for signs of him freaking out, she found herself marvelling at the fact that this was the father of Heero Yuy's baby. It was a bit like Romeo and Juliet… Hopefully without the ending of murder and suicide that is.

This Romeo and Juliet was going to work out, it had to… Suddenly a thought struck her and she fought a grin, if Treize was Romeo did that make Heero Juliet? Wouldn't Tybalt have been more appropriate? Deciding to give them some privacy she went made for the stairs and the other pilots, someone had to make sure they didn't maim, scar or otherwise murder the blonde visitor after all, besides, she had a few questions she wanted answering herself.

###

Treize opened and closed the door quietly, Heero was sitting in a chair by the window, in much the same position he himself had been before the gundams had come to rescue him. His young lover was sitting curled up in an armchair, looking very small, almost vulnerable and to anyone who didn't know Heero he would have seemed so. Treize however could see the muscles tightening readying for an attack and preparing to defend. He smiled, his lover was here, unharmed and unbroken, it was the most wonderful sight he'd ever seen.

He took a step forwards and whispered his love's name softly. Heero spun around as though he'd been shot and sprung to his feet unsteadily.

"Treize…?" He sounded as though he couldn't believe it and, upon Treize's nod he lurched forward to bury his face in the broad chest and wrap his arms around his neck.

Holding him tightly, as though his younger lover was going to disappear Treize picked him up and turned to press him against the wall, joining their mouths in a desperate kiss. He felt the teenager running hands through his hair and wrapping powerful legs round his waist and wondered how the hell he'd managed three weeks without this.

He didn't know how long they stayed like that, wrapped together tightly but he stopped anxiously when he registered the silent tears that were running down Heero's face.

"Heero?"

"I'm sorry… so sorry… I didn't mean… I don't…"

Cursing whoever or whatever had put his Heero in such a state he sat down on the bed and pulled Heero into his lap, rubbing the teenager's back soothingly and murmuring into his unruly hair. Slowly the sobs quietened into hiccups and Treize looked down into the other's tear-streaked face worriedly, "want to tell me what's wrong?"

Heero realised, with slight surprised, that it actually was a request not an order, there was no doubt in his mind that if he shook his head or simply refused to answer that Treize would continue to hold him.

`He'll change his mind when you tell him though.' Heero could hear his subconscious, sounding a lot like the scientist who raised him, whispering in his head. `Who could ever love a freak like you? Little piece of shit, can't even keep your own gender straight.'

The voice was right, of course it was it was always right. Treize was a noble, he was… nothing, a useless piece of space-trash with nothing to give this man or the life he had helped create, he didn't even have a name to give them.

Sally was right too though, the father deserved to know and this was Treize's baby, maybe… No… he couldn't allow himself to hope, he could never hope, if he wanted something someone always took it away, Odin, J, OZ… Still, Treize deserved to know what he was walking away from.

Treize hadn't said anything else to him, he was waiting, just waiting to see if he would speak.

"I… I'm…" He realised at that point that he'd never actually said it, knowing it and admitting it were two different things. He'd seen the baby, talked to it even but he'd introduced himself as `daddy' not `mummy' which was what he really was.

Stalling, he reached up and tugged the older man down for a kiss, gentle this time, not desperate. He was well aware that putting it off wouldn't mean he didn't have to tell but, quite frankly, he didn't care. "I love you," it came out as a hoarse whisper.

"I love you too, more than anything." There it was, his last happy memory, he inhaled, wanting to savour his lover's scent.

"I'm pregnant…"

Treize froze, he was pretty sure his heart may have just stopped beating but then again he was always pretty sure he'd just heard his young lover tell him that he was pregnant.

Heero tensed at his response, or rather lack of response and pulled away curling into a ball on the bed, his back to the motionless general.

"If you want to go, go, you don't have to stay, I understand."

A few seconds later the door opened and then closed. Heero curled up tighter and forced back the sobs threatening to escape, why had he let himself hope? The things he wanted always got taken away.

He jumped as a pair of hands lightly massaged his taut shoulders. "I'm not leaving Heero, I'm not certain I heard you right but I'm not leaving, no matter what."

"But I'm pregnant…"

"Yes," Treize sounded slightly bemused. "That's what I thought you said."

"But… I'm male."

"Hmm," Treize purred, lightly nipping his neck, "I know."

"You aren't…?"

"Shocked?"

"Angry, disgusted…?"

"I'm surprised, confused and… and a bit scared if I'm honest but I'm not angry or disgusted. This is a baby Heero, our baby and, granted, I don't understand how this happened. I'm still not completely sure I'm not dreaming but I know you would never lie to me like this so that means it much be real."

Slowly he started kissing down Heero's neck, in apology for his earlier actions. "Hmm," Heero murmured, tilting his head to allow Treize better access, accepting the apology, "feels real."

They were interrupted by a knock at the door and Sally's call of "you decent?" Groaning they pulled apart and Treize self-consciously smoothed his rumpled hair as he called for her to come in.

Sally stuck her head around the door and nodded approvingly, "nicely fixed Khushy." Treize spluttered and Heero's face lit with understanding.

"You opened the door."

"Yup," Sally nodded, "gave him five seconds to fix it before I decapitated him." She blushed at their raised eyebrows and shrugged self-consciously, "Duo." The one word explanation was enough for both Heero and Treize and they both nodded understandingly. "Anyway… I think I can explain a few things to you if you want. I'll probably be able to answer most of your questions anyway."

End Chapter 8

AN Please, please, please, please, please review.