Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 13x1 ❯ Epilogue ( Epilogue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Epilogue
 
(Several months later)
 
Under normal circumstances the General Treize Khushrenada, formerly of OZ and the pacifist Princess of Sank wouldn't have had anything in common but today they had stood side by side as representatives of the Earth.
 
The debates and meetings had lasted for weeks and today had been the signing of the treaty, the permanent peace treaty.
 
Relena stepped out onto the balcony of her suite, looking out at the colony below her.
 
“Good evening.”
 
The words startled her and she jumped, turning abruptly she saw Treize standing a little further down the shared balcony, smiling at her.
 
“Good evening.” She replied, still a little uneasy around the man who had gotten the boy she'd thought she was in love with pregnant.
 
Treize gave her a tired smile.
 
“You must miss them.” She whispered.
 
“I do, every minute but I'm doing this for them.”
 
Relena nodded in understanding. There was no need for Treize to fight for the peace of all of humanity. He was working towards peace for his family, humanity would follow.
 
“How is Mariemaia? I haven't talked her recently.”
 
“You'll have to call her, she's quite attached to you Relena Darlian.”
 
Relena nodded, she's see the young girl soon enough. After the declarations she was returning with Treize to Quatre's mansion, more than big enough for all of them and with a perfect hospital suite for Heero.
 
“She's gotten hooked on pre colony science fiction.” Treize offered into the quiet, “Duo showed her Star Trek and that was it. I swear, if she asks me one more time why my shuttle doesn't have a warp drive…”
 
Relena laughed. “How is she getting on with Heero?”
 
Treize was glowing the same way he always did when talking about his family. “Great, they're getting on really great. She practically idolises him and he adores her. He says she keeps demanding to feel the baby kick.”
 
“She's looking forwards to being a big sister then.”
 
“Oh yes, she keeps talking to the bump, telling the baby all the tings she's going to teach it and do with it.” He leant forwards conspiratally, “to be honest I think she's going to be disappointed when she realises how small it will be at first.”
 
“`It'?” Relena repeated.
 
Treize frowned, “excuse me?”
 
“You said `it'. I take it you still don't know the gender.”
 
He shook his head, “it's part of the adventure, not knowing, besides Heero doesn't want to.”
 
“He's happy then.”
 
Treize looked at her sharply, understanding the underlying question clearly, “he seems to be.”
 
She looked him straight in the eyes, “seems to be?”
 
“He is happy, and I will continue to make him so for the rest of our lives.”
 
She smiled, pleased with the answer, of course she knew Heero didn't love her but she still worried about him.
 
“Good, he needs someone to make him happy.”
 
Treize looked at her and, recognising that her words were simply spoken out of concern, relaxed.
 
She opened her mouth when there was a knock on the door of her suite and the door opened, “Relena?” A voice called.
 
“On the balcony Quatre.”
 
The ex-pilot joined her and grinned widely when he saw Treize a little further down.
 
He waved the bottle of champagne, “I just talked to my people, they've been talking to the broadcasters and they got all of the footage they needed from us earlier
 
Relena and Treize both looked at him.
 
“That means we can go, if we want to, the celebration's winding down anyway. So what do you say we take this,” he held up the bottle, “and go celebrate at home?”
 
“Way ahead of ya Q-Ball,” came a voice from inside Relena's room. She jumped and turned around to see Duo walk onto the balcony, a sleepy Mariemaia in his arms.
 
“What?” Heero's voice came from behind Treize, “you thought we were going to miss your big moment? We got here a few hours ago, would have been sooner but she,” He nodded towards Sally, who held her hands up in surrender. “Won't let me fly cross colony, only between them.”
 
“Don't blame me Yuy. I didn't get you pregnant.” Heero glared at her and Wufei rolled his eyes as he took the little girl from Duo and passed her to Treize.
 
“Don't tease the pregnant man Onna, it's not nice.”
 
She stuck her tongue out at him and Dorothy Catalonia laughed from her place at Relena's side.
 
“Glad to see you're associating with people of such maturity.”
 
This time Relena stuck out her tongue and Dorothy mock-glared at her.
 
“Now Relena be polite,” came a voice from inside the room.
 
Relena turned to face her brother, who was pushing a trolley onto the balcony. It had two ice buckets of champagne on it and a multitude of glasses.
 
Zechs held up one of the bottles, “a toast?”
 
A few minutes later they were all ready to drink, even Mariemaia and Heero with their non-alcoholic champagne.
 
“What should we toast to?” Duo asked. “Peace?”
 
“Happiness.” Sally suggested.
 
Relena shook her head and held up her glass. She looked around at Treize, with one arm around Heero's shoulder's and the other keeping his daughter balanced on his hip. Mariemaia's serious expression as she held her glass and Heero, with his arm wrapped comfortable around his stomach.
 
Duo and Wufei were leaning comfortable against each other. Quatre was wrapped in Trowa's arms. Zechs stood near the rail, relief at having found his captured `sister' Lucrezia unharmed showing clearly on his face.
 
The first thing that the Earth and Colony delegates had decided upon was the destruction of the mobile Doll factories. Treize's specials troops had been dispatched to take care of any completed suits and the pilots to deal with the factories' demolition. They'd found her when a factory had gone up on its own, she was completely unharmed and was on her way to the colonies this moment.
 
This, combined with the recent knowledge that Lady Une was slated to make a complete and full recovery, despite several complications resulting from her gunshot wound, allowing for the look of complete contentment on his face.
 
Sally was standing where she could keep an eye on Heero, her sharp eyes missing nothing and brightening every time the young pilot proved just how loved this baby was going to be.
 
“Relena,” Dorothy prodded gently and her eyes turned to the blonde girl who had saved her life, had trusted her completely and stayed with her even as her kingdom was taken. The girl who had gone into the middle of the Antarctic to send a signal to a gundam pilot with just her word to guarantee that one was coming.
 
“To family,” she announced eventually, “to family and to the future.”
 
Owari
 
AN Yep, this is it almost exactly two years after it was begun and it's finished. Believe me I got a shock when I realised that I was nearly finished. Hope the end's alright, I had serious problems with this at times.