Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ 1x2 Squishyness! ❯ It's Just the Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
It's Just the Beginning
by AnimeGurl

My first Non-humor or songfic! Its about the beginning of Heero and Duo's relationship.
Please review...

Ja ne!

~Meli-Chan

****************************************** ****************************************************

Stray leaves blew across the grass as a breeze swept over his surroundings. The trees
rustled gently, swaying with the wind. He sat on a large rock overlooking the lake.

Lately, all of his thoughts were centered around one person.

Reaching down, he picked up a rock and threw it into the water, watching it sink. This newfound
feeling grabbed him by the neck and shook him every time he was near him...

Duo.

The one word kept racing through his mind.

Is it not right for me to like my friend? But how am I supposed to tell him?
His reflection returned the same questioning expression look on his face.

Why did I have to fall in love with him? We're already out here fighting for our
lives, trying to save the colonies, and this added emotion isn't helping.

"I'm going to tell him tonight, or at least I'll try...
Mission, Accepted."


~~~~~~

Duo couldn't sleep.

His mind was wandering, thinking about one thing, then settling on another.

He saw the sillouette of another person against the clear starry night...

Even with the great distance between them, Duo could picture Heero's face. He imagined his
blue eyes, ones were usually expressionless or cold with anger, but still always beautiful,
He thought of his face and what he wished that it would say to him the words which he
longed to hear...

"Duo, I love you..."

Like he would ever say those words to me.

Duo rose and gazed at his fellow pilot, and walked up to meet him.

~~~~~~

"Heero?"

"Duo. I didn't hear you come up behind me."

"Hmm, I thought that the perfect soldier would..." Duo joked.

Both of them paused, not knowing how to continue. Finally, Heero got to the point...

"Duo, I noticed that we've been glancing at eachoter lately and suddenly turning back again. It's
making me think..."

Duo's round violet eyes looked up at Heero.

"And... I... I know that it may not seem like it sometimes, but... I care about you, Duo.
Even though I don't always show it, Okay I never show it...You mean a lot to me. And I think we
might be more than, just fellow pilots, more than friends..."

An akward silence resumed with no sound except the pounding of thier hearts...

Not a true I love you, but this is just the beginning, Duo thought...

Duo fingered his braid and looked back at Heero.
"I care about you a lot too, Heero..."

They both looked up at the starry night, which was still untattered by exposions...

"Guys!" The blonde boy Quatre called out to them. "We have a new mission, let's go."

Oh well... there's always tomorrow night... Duo smiled to himself as he and Heero walked back
to the building.