Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Backstage ❯ Backstage ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Helping on the Set
Author: Topaz Kat
Rating: pg-13 I think
Pairings: none in particular
Notes: This is actually based off of something similar that happened to me while I was working backstage once. Oh, and /.../ means thoughts.


Dorathy rolled up the sleeves of her dark pink jacket. She understood that it was part of the character on the screen, but damn was it ugly. Besides, what did she care about "feeling out your character"? She was a backstage worker who got picked for her unique eyebrows. Although, she did sometimes wonder if her friend Trieze had pulled some strings, given how high he was in standing in the actors' guild.

She nodded her approval as some of the other workers started to gather up lines of cable. She was the overseer of the backstage world, well, at least for this show. She had to keep track of props, costumes, lights, and sound. /And don't forget the safety equipment,/ she thought with a smile. /Better go make sure the mattresses are set for tomorrow./

Before she could get too far though, Howard, another backstage-leader-turned-supporting-player ran up to her. He helped out with sound, making sure all the cables worked and the like. "Hey Boss," he shouted congenially. "We need the mikes to get gathered."

Dorathy raised an eyebrow, "You're shitting me right? The actors' know they're supposed to give them back."

"Yeah, well, we haven't gotten any yet."

She shook her head in disbelief, "I'm on the job. Be wary, this is gonna get ugly."


Collecting the microphones from the female actors wasn't so bad. Sally, Noin, and Une handed them over, and apologized about forgetting. Relena even did so as soon as she finished undoing Une's hair from the snarls that the hairspray put in it.

"Do you have any ideas on how to get them away from the guys?" Sally asked. "I mean, I know Wufei already turned his in, but the other either forget or don't really care."

Dorathy eyed the Polaroid on the make-up table. "No, I have an idea."


Dorathy knocked on the guys' communal dressing room. Trowa had also turned in his mike, and so had Duo, it turned out. Now, all she had to do was get them from Heero, Quatre, Zechs, and Trieze; this was going to suck eggs.

She knocked on the door politely, "Trieze," she called. "It's Dorathy, I'm here to get your mikes."

"Yeah, yeah," she heard Zechs call back, boy did she hate him. "In a minute Dotty."

/Hardball it is./ "No Zechs, now. You guys always forget."

"In a minute chick," she recognized Quatre's voice anywhere.

"Listen! If you guys don't give me those mikes right now, I'm coming in there!"

"Dorathy," she heard Trieze's soft voice. "Please wait a moment."

Dorathy pounded the door. "No! You forget and then they get broken. Now gimme the mikes!"

"Or else what?" Zechs snapped.

"Like I said, I'm coming in there and taking them. And FYI, I have a camera ready to snag a shot of you Zechs with your tongue down Heero's throat."

"Bitch! You wouldn't dare."

Dorathy pushed open the door, snapping shots as she went and proclaiming loudly, "That's what they call me."

She had been quite surprised by the pictures she got. The one of Quatre and Zechs kissing was priceless. It also surprising since Zechs had been flirting with Heero since day one. She had had a feeling that neither of them was really blonde, and judging by the exposed crotches, they weren't. Heero's hair had been up in a towel, letting the brown dye set again for the next day, it was no secret that his real hair color was a deep violet. However, the fact he had been caught in Trieze's lap, feeding his enemy grapes by using his own mouth made for a most wonderful blackmail picture.

Needless to say, the only one who wasn't surprised when they were the first ones to turn in their mikes from that day on was Dorathy.