Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Being Heero Yuy ❯ Cereal ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-
-
Being Heero Yuy
 
Chapter Two
 
-
Cereal
-
-
Duo moved his head closer to the mirror and peered into the cobalt-blue eyes that stared back. Moving back away from the mirror, Duo looked down at himself and found that he was dressed in the gray pajama bottoms and white tank top Heero favored. The clothes were grungy looking as hell and Duo had told Heero so on several occasions. Of course the Japanese pilot seemed to have a love for ugly, clothes with no style.
 
Duo looked back to the mirror and moved his hand up to touch his hair. The hair was course and had probably never been properly introduced to a bottle of conditioner, but more importantly to Duo was the fact that no braid connected with his fingers as he brought his hand to the back of his head.
 
Or Heero's head, as Duo was now beginning to believe.
 
Duo growled when his body reminded him of the reason he had come to the bathroom in the first place. He had too many other things to worry about right now to worry about bodily functions. How the hell did this happen? Duo thought as he absent mindedly did his morning business. This is probably just a bad dream… Really… It has to be… Besides if I'm in Heero's body, then where is Heero? At that thought Duo froze. The American looked at the door in a sort of dazed horror. Pulling up the pajama pants, Duo slammed the handle down hard on the toilet and rushed out of the bathroom.
 
Duo looked over to his bed and his mouth fell open. He was laying on his bed. At least Duo's body was laying on his bed. Duo continued to stare at the body, his body, that occupied his bed. Duo didn't need to talk to the boy on his bed to know it was Heero. The Deathscythe pilot had shared enough rooms with the other boy to know how Heero slept.
 
Duo crept closer and looked down at the other pilot and noticed a large bruise forming on the other pilot's forehead. Reaching a hand up to his own forehead, Duo rubbed absently as he vaguely remembered hitting the plank before dropping into the lake.
 
The American sighed. To wake the other pilot or to not wake the other pilot. That was the question. Waking the other boy would have some advantages. Not having to suffer alone being one of them. But on the other side, he wasn't sure how the other pilot would act when he found out what situation he was in.
 
After debating for several minutes, Duo decided to just wake the other pilot. After all, could death be any worse than being stuck as Heero Yuy?
 
Duo crept quietly over to the side of the bed, stooped over and shook the other boy gently. Quicker then Duo could have imagined, Heero grabbed him and had the American pinned underneath him before he was even awake to know what was going on.
 
The other boy's vision seemed to clear and the realization of who he had pinned to the bed caused his eyes to widen in confusion. For a moment Duo forgot about the situation they were in and blurted out, “It's not often the great Heero Yuy gets confused.”
 
“Who are you?” The other boy growled.
 
Duo sighed. “Take a real good look at yourself and take a guess.”
 
Weary confusion filled the other boy's eyes as he took his eyes from Duo and looked down at himself. Duo watched as the other pilot moved his hands over the body that rightfully belonged to Duo. When Heero's hands reached the braid his eyes met Duo's.
 
“Duo.” Heero said flatly.
 
“Ding. Ding. Ding. And what do we have for him behind door number one Johnny?” Duo said, somewhat sarcastically.
 
Heero swiftly moved his hands back to holding Duo down. “How did this happen?”
 
Looking away from the other pilot, Duo whispered, “I don't know. I wish I did…”
 
Duo felt, more than he saw, the Japanese boy remove himself from holding Duo down and sit back on the bed, back against the wall. Duo moved his gaze back to Heero as the other pilot spoke.
 
“Do the others know?”
 
Duo sat up and shrugged. “Just found out myself.”
 
Heero got off Duo's bed and walked over to his own, sat down and looked across the room at Duo.
 
“You're wondering if we should tell them or not.” Duo said and Heero nodded.
 
Duo thought for a moment, then sighed. “We should Heero. I mean… It's not like they won't find out anyway. It could only be to our disadvantage to not tell them.”
 
Heero raised an eyebrow at Duo's words.
 
“What?” Duo exclaimed defensively.
 
Duo watched the thin, though muscular, shoulders shrug. “It wasn't what I was expecting you to say.”
 
Deathscythe pilot's forehead creased as he realized the words he said really weren't something he would normally say. Rubbing his head, Duo said, “Yeah, you're right. Don't know where that came from.”
 
“You should probably be the one to tell them.” Heero said.
 
Duo's eyebrow's rose in surprise. “Why me?”
 
“Because, if I tell them they will probably think it's just another one of your pranks.”
 
Duo nodded as he saw the wisdom in what Heero was saying. Suddenly a slow smile crept across the face that Duo was borrowing as an idea formed in his mind. Heero saw the smile and frowned.
 
“Heero…”
 
“No.”
 
“But you didn't even…”
 
“No.” Heero said, and glared at Duo.
 
Laughing, Duo said, “Wow. Never thought I'd see that look on my face.”
 
Heero made an exasperated sound, laid back on the bed and turned around so that he faced the wall. Duo blinked. Heero Yuy… sulking? Duo knew a sulking look when he saw one, especially when it was on the face he knew so well.
 
Duo opened his mouth to comment on the unnatural phenomenon when a growling noise interrupted him. It was the sound of a stomach growling. His stomach growling. The stomach Heero was now in possession of. Duo looked down and his eyebrows knit together. This was the first time he had woken up and not felt famished. Another growl sounded and Duo looked up to see Heero turn around and glare at Duo again. Duo grinned and shrugged. Heero sighed in exasperation, rolled off the bed and headed toward the bedroom door.
 
“Where are you going?”
 
Shooting a level look at the other boy, Heero answered, “Isn't it obvious. Your body is hungry so I'm going to feed it.” With that said, Heero opened the door and walked out of the room. Duo was up in a flash following behind the other boy. The American could hear the sounds of the other three pilots in the kitchen and grinned.
 
This was just going to be too much fun.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;
 
Trowa lifted the pot and poured himself a cup of coffee as Duo walked into the kitchen.
 
“How are you feeling?” Trowa heard Quatre ask.
 
“Fine.” Was the only answer that came from the braided pilot.
 
Trowa turned around and when he saw the look on Quatre's face he raised an eyebrow. Quatre caught his look and returned it was a look of confusion, a shrug of the shoulders and a nod toward Duo who had walked over to the cupboard where Heero keeps his nutria-bars.
 
The two watched as Duo reached out toward the cupboard then paused and moved to where the boys kept the cereal. Opening the cupboard the boy's watched as Duo stared at the boxes for several moments before grabbing a couple of boxes to inspect the nutrition labels.
 
“What are you doing Maxwell?” Wufei said in exasperation from the table when he saw what boxes Duo had grabbed.
 
Returning all but one of the boxes to the cupboard, Duo grabbed a bowl and a spoon and headed toward the table where the milk had been left.
 
“That's my cereal Maxwell. Eat your own cereal.” Wufei complained.
 
“I would rather eat this if you don't mind” Duo said in a grudging voice.
 
Trowa looked back to Quatre and raised an eyebrow. Again Quatre shrugged then headed toward the table.
 
“Are you sure you're feeling alright?” Quatre asked as he set his tea down on the table and sat in one of the chairs.
 
Duo looked toward the door as if he were waiting for someone then looked back at Quatre, shrugged and poured himself a bowl of Wufei's cereal.
 
“I didn't say you could have any.” Wufei commented.
 
Ignoring the Chinese boy, Duo poured the milk and began to eat. The other three sat in stunned silence as they watched the normally boisterous pilot calmly ignoring them as he ate.
 
;-;-;-;-;-;-;
 
Duo stood in the shadows of the doorway and watched the scene play out before him. Why is he eating cereal? Duo thought. He hates cereal. He normally only eats that nutria-barf stuff. Duo wished Heero would milk the situation for all that it was worth, but he knew that wasn't the other pilot's style. He also knew Heero wasn't going to tell them what happened. He was going to leave that to Duo who now looked like the Japanese pilot. Deciding to make his appearance, Duo walked into the kitchen and looked over toward the table.
 
“Oh Heero… You're awake…” Quatre said in confusion.
 
Duo wanted to laugh out loud and the blonde pilot's expression and wondered what the Arabian pilot was feeling from the two of them.
 
“How are you feeling?” Quatre pressed on, despite his confusion.
 
Duo shrugged and tried to act as much like Heero as he could muster. Walking toward the cereal cabinet, Duo pulled out one of the boxes of sugar cereals. Grabbing a bowl and spoon, Duo headed toward the table.
 
Ignoring the fact that Heero's body really wasn't hungry, Duo poured himself a heaping bowl of cereal. When Duo looked up and saw the shock on the other three boy's faces, he almost broke down laughing. Instead, using all the self control he could muster, Duo kept his face impassive as he said, “Duo has convinced me of the health benefits of eating Fruity Pebbles, and since I look up to Duo so much I have decided to follow his example whenever I can.”
 
As Duo talked, Wufei's mouth dropped open, Trowa raised an eyebrow and Quatre's eyes widened.
 
“Besides, how can I not idolize someone who pilots such a cool gundam as Deathscythe?” Duo said before digging his spoon into the cereal.
 
“I wouldn't eat that.” Heero murmured.
 
The spoon stopped short of Duo's lips. “Huh?”
 
“I don't think it would be wise of you to eat that.” Heero said more loudly.
 
The other three pilots looked back and forth between the two.
 
Duo opened his mouth to speak, but Heero cut him off. “Tell them.”
 
The American's shoulders sagged. “But…”
 
“Now.”
 
Duo frowned and said, “You're no fun,” Before shoving the cereal into his mouth.
 
“What's going on?” Quatre asked hesitantly.
 
Duo shoved another spoonful of the sugary death into his mouth. This really tastes strange… he thought as he chewed.
 
Heero looked at Duo and raised and eyebrow. Duo sighed as he took another bite, not really tasting the cereal as he tried to think of what he would tell the other pilots. He had thought of plenty of pranks he could pull on the unsuspecting pilots, but hadn't really thought of what he was going to say to tell them the truth straight out.
 
Duo had finished half the bowl before Quatre asked again, “What's going on here Heero?”
 
Dropping the spoon in the bowl, Duo looked the blonde boy in the eye and said, “I'm not Heero… I'm Duo.”
 
---
 
A HUGE thanks to my editor / beta reader MasamuneReborn
 
A/N: Well, yes, it's been ten months since I first posted this story, but I was pretty busy for a while, and I'm taking a bit of a break from the GW fandom. I do apologize for it taking forever for an update though. I hope you enjoy this chapter as well.
 
- Z
 
 
Please Review