Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Death Becomes Him ❯ Demon Dreamer ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing is copyright...Sotsu, I think it is, and a few other important companies and people. I OWN SHINOBU'S SOUL! Uh, how'd that get there? -_-;;

---------------------------

FRIDAY:

Shi-chan: Oi, oi...I made the mistake of listening to "Five Candles," while writing the end of that last chapter and the beginning of this one. -_-;; ---For more on 'Five Candles,' I wrote a songfic for it 'cause it seemed like a good sappy song. Find it in my fic list if you like. :-( ---

Duo: That was sad...

Shi-chan: Must get...just one more chapter done...

---------------------------

Death Becomes Him

~By Shimegami-chan

Part 27

SHOUNEN-AI...ANGST....SAP....LANGUAGE...SHORT CHAPTER....AND STUFF.

Quatre, Trowa, and Wufei had already checked the cliff and were heading down to the park that Duo liked so much.

"I don't know where else he could be," gasped Quatre as they ran.

Trowa gave his head a shake. "Neither do I. This is our best bet."

They crashed through the bushes and into the playground area only to stop dead in their tracks. Heero was kneeling in the grass, his arms wrapped tightly around his stomach, rocking back and forth. He was crying.

"Heero..." Quatre's worst fears surfaced. "Is Duo...?"

The Japanese boy trembled and shook. "Gone."

"Oh, Heero..." Trowa knelt beside Heero and put a hand on his shoulder. Quatre and Wufei also came over to the Wing pilot.

Quatre spotted something gold in the grass by his leg--Duo's cross necklace. The little Arab held it tightly in the palm of his hand, silent tears spilling from his eyes.

Trowa and Wufei assisted Heero in standing up. "Heero?"

The boy stared dazedly at the sky. "He's gone...he's gone, again..."

Quatre climbed to his feet and held Trowa's shoulder for support.

Wufei nodded briskly at the smaller pilot, but his onyx eyes were glistening with unshed tears. The four pilots, holding one another, began to trudge back to the house.

----------------------------

Heero lay consumed with worse nightmares than he'd ever had before.

"Why did you leave me, Duo? You knew I loved you."

His red-eyed lover grinner wickedly. "Poor Heero, sometimes I really pity you, you know? You keep setting yourself up to get knifed again and again. You should have known better. Now you're going to die, and those who take their own lives just don't end up where they aimed to be."

"Who says I intend to kill myself?" Heero retorted hotly.

"Ah, strong suddenly now, aren't we? You'll think differently once this hits you." The demon Duo laughed and his ruby eyes sparkled blood red. "Oh, yes. We only see what we want to see here."

"I'll kill you." Heero said quietly, utterly serious.

"Poor, poor, delusional Hee-chan. Oh yes, I remember that! Stung, didn't it? To hear those words come from your dead lover's lips. Especially after all you did to destroy that bond. No, Heero, there's no escaping fate. It stings. It hurts, it hurts like hell. You wouldn't mind the pain though, would you?" The demon cackled. "Not for the one you promised your heart to!"

"Duo would want me to go on.... wouldn't he?" Heero found that his thoughts were spinning.

"How sweet! Of course, it's easy for him to say. He's already dead--twice over! Would you rather stay here alone?"

"If I kill myself, I'm not going to end up where Duo is," Heero growled.

"Ah, but where oh where has your little lover flitted off to?" the demon smiled warily. "You certainly don't think that the God of Death went to heaven, did you?"

"Duo believed in God and that what he was doing was right!" Heero defended.

"Maybe...maybe not! I see no angelic traits about him!" the demon gloated, spinning to show off his black leather wings. "They add a rather hellish cast, don't they?"

Heero put a hand to his temple and felt his pulse beat softly, steadily. "Wherever he's going, I'm going. Even if it means an eternity in hell."

"Determined." Apparently the demon found this an admirable quality. "So what are you going to do, Hee-chan?"

Heero wasn't quite sure. "Duo wouldn't want me to..."

"Since when does that matter?"

"What?"

"It's not like you did a lot for him, you know. He put up with a lot of shit from you, you know." the demon glowered at Heero.

Heero was dumbstruck. "He did, didn't he..."

"Hee-chan?"

"Shut up." Heero held his head in his hands. "Duo wouldn't...but...I owe...him..."

The demon looked amused. "Hm?"

Heero's face seemed to draw into itself. "I owe him that much at least...Duo...if I need to endure the fires of hell for you, you know I would, koi.

"I'm coming, Duo."

---------------------------

Shi-chan: Double cliff-hanger...I hate myself....

Duo: I'd hate myself too if I--

Shi-chan: Shut up!

Duo: ....

Shi-chan: Anyway, I'd love to squash in just one more chapter but it's 4:20 a.m. and my vision is starting to blur. More tomorrow...I'm not sure how much is left to the fic, either 2 or 3 chapters. Most likely 2 and an epilogue. See you then. Ja ne!