Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Death Becomes Him ❯ Split Personality ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Gundam Wing is copyright...Sotsu, I think it is, and I can't think of a more clever disclaimer...

---------------------------

FRIDAY:

Shi-chan: A thousand pardons...I have other stuff I've gotta do tonight...

Duo: *smirks* Got a date?

Shi-chan: Right, a date with my Trigun videos. Vash!

Duo: Mmm. Vash....

Heero: *thwaps him* I TOLD you to stop that!

Duo: ITAI!

---------------------------

Death Becomes Him

~By Shimegami-chan

Part 17

WARNING! SHOUNEN-AI, LANGUAGE

Quatre knocked softly on the door. "Heero? Are you okay?"

"Go away," came the reply.

"Heero, please. We're trying to help." Quatre's porcelain face looked pained.

Wufei stepped closer. "Yuy. This is stupid and weak. We are only trying to assist you."

"Go to hell."

"Heero..." Duo pleaded.

"Fucking DEMON!" Heero spat.

"I am kicking this door down." stated Wufei calmly.

Heero laughed aloud. "I get it! You're helping the devil do his dirty work! I don't think so. You won't fool me."

"Hold it." Duo touched Wufei's shoulder. "I'll go in."

The Japanese pilot was still laughing coldly. "So, demon, have you taken Chang now? I wouldn't have thought you so weak, Wufei! You're all working with him...I see it...well, dammit, it's not going to work! You can look like Quatre, Trowa, Wufei, Relena; hell, even Duo himself! I'm not letting you near me, you sick bastard!"

Duo phased and glanced at Quatre. "Ano...if you hear a lot of screaming, break the door down, okay? I'm not feeling suicidal at the moment...don't want to die again, this time my ticket might really get punched..."

"Got it." Quatre nodded as Duo slipped through the door.

"Heero..." the American started. "I know that you're angry and hurt, and I really--"

"DUO!" Heero ran to Duo's side excitedly.

"I, uh, what?" Duo regarded the Japanese boy with suspicion, but could find no trace of malice in Heero's smile.

Heero brushed a hand through Duo's transparent bangs. "You're back so soon! I was waiting..."

"Um. Yeah...I hurried...uh, hang on a sec okay?" Duo put his head back through the door. "What the hell?"

Quatre shrugged. "You've got me. I expected him to try to kill you...or something."

"It's possible that seeing you is triggering the split personality." said Trowa calmly. "He began acting like this as soon as he laid eyes on you."

"You might be right. Hang on, I'll test a theory." Duo turned back to face Heero and smiled. "Stay right there, love, okay?"

"Sure, Duo..." The curious Heero watched his lover hurry over to the window, as far across the room as he could get.

Duo held his breath. "Heero, would you please open the door for Quatre?"

Heero turned and unlocked the door to show the three remaining pilots in.

Duo grimaced. I hope this works... He concentrated on turning solid, and much to his delight immediately did so. "Yes!"

Heero turned back to face Duo, and an odd expression flickered across his face. "You!"

"Um, hi, Heero!" Duo said cheerfully.

"Dammit!" Heero fumbled for his gun, which was thankfully still on the dresser. Quatre and Trowa jumped forward to restrain him.

Duo edged a little closer. "Koi? Are you all right?"

Heero kicked and tried to break the iron release the boys held him in. "Get away from me! What did you do to me!? How did you get in here!?"

"Just trying to ask you some questions." Duo finally came face to face with the Japanese pilot. "We're just worried about you, Hee-chan."

Heero glared at Duo with more hate than Duo believed his koibito's eyes could contain. "Go back where you came from. Leave me alone."

"Heero, I'm begging you, please! I really need for you to believe me, that it's really me! Can't you ask me some questions that only I would know the answers to, or something?"

The other boy closed his eyes. "I have nothing to say. Get out of my life! I don't care what you are!"

"You don't care that I'm the one you said 'I love you,' to so many times?" Pain flashed across Duo's face.

"SHUT UP! I don't care how much you look like him! You can't break me! You won't!" Heero began to laugh maniacally. "Oh yes, yes...I see it...you're good, demon! You have his body. You even have his eyes! But I can see right through them...you look at my face, and I see death and pain and anger coming from your eyes! You're excellent! Duo would approve!" The malice in his wide smile gave Duo the shivers.

"Heero! Listen to me!" Quatre yelled. "How can he help having pain in his eyes, when you treat him like this!? You don't see what you're doing!"

"Oh, don't I?" Heero snickered. "Really! I don't see why you're concerning yourself with me. If you've allied yourselves with this bastard, then you should be worrying about your own souls!"

"Heero..."

"Well then!" Heero crowed. "It'll all be over soon anyway! For me, at least. I'm following Duo, wherever he went. I'm sure you know," he looked at Duo, "and that's why you've come for me. Are you to be my reaper then? Trying to get me sent to hell, demon? I won't betray Duo! You won't get me!"

"I've heard enough." Duo stepped back. "Let's try this one more time."

He phased and Quatre and Trowa found themselves holding a confused-looking Heero. "Now what?"

Duo came forward, smiling. "Oh, nothing. Are you all right?"

"Fine as long as you're with me, koi." Heero half-closed his eyes in happiness.

"I see." Wufei said from the doorway. "I understand now, Maxwell."

Trowa backed up. "Well...I guess we'll be going..."

"Oh, yes." Quatre let go of Heero's arm and followed Trowa. Heero looked at his arm and then at the Arab, but didn't say anything. Wufei, Trowa, and Quatre hurried out, leaving Duo and Heero alone in the room. The latter went over and sat on the bed, waving for Duo to follow him. Duo did so.

-------------------------------

"Seeing the ethereal Duo is what appears to be make Heero switch personalities." Trowa said.

Quatre looked thoughtful. "And when he's solid, Heero's angry side comes back out again?"

"That seems to be the pattern," said Wufei. "What should we do?"

"I don't know." Quatre face was tired and worn. "Duo can't stay phased all the time, not being able to touch anything. But seeing Duo solid is driving Heero off the deep end."

"Too late," Wufei said sourly.

Trowa folded his arms. "Duo's going to have to convince Heero one way or another that he's real, before Heero does something stupid."

"We can't baby-sit Yuy. Not even Maxwell can."

"I know that." Trowa sighed. "But there's nothing we can do."

Quatre had to agree. "We've done all we can...it's up to Duo now."

-----------------------

Shi-chan: It seems to be going the way I want it to now ^_^

Duo: Which is...?

Shi-chan: A secret!

Duo: ......

Shi-chan: I probably can't spare any more time tonight, so another chapter or three will be ready for tomorrow. Ja matta ne!