Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Denial ❯ A Broken Fairy Tale ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN Another one of my fics that was written in the early hours if the morning, I really have got to stop doing that. Oh well you know the drill, R&R.

Rating/Summary/Disclaimer etc, please see first chapter.

Denial Part 2

A Broken Fairy Tale

Relena's POV

Not many people have seen Heero Yuy like I have. I've seen him vulnerable and on the brink of death, just after he collapsed after the Mariemaia incident, I've seen him panic, I've seen him in the throws of passion. Not that it was my name he cried as he came though, no, that honour belongs to someone he should never have fallen for.

I don't think he thinks that I know, I don't even think that he knows just how deep his feelings go, he's happily living in a world of denial that he's not going to be leaving any time soon.

I just want to scream at him sometimes `what were you thinking? How could you do this to me, to us?' I know though that love doesn't have to have a reason and it never follows logic, I had no business falling for him and now I'm paying the price, he's fallen for my brother.

I think I could have lived with that, I did, do, love him but I also know that for every second I stay he's moving one minute closer to, yet another, confrontation at which time I will be forgotten completely and he'll spend as long as he's able in the arms of the man he's truly in love with.

I've heard his whispers as he dreams and I'm not naïve as to think that they are innocent, Heero came home to me, every night but it didn't stop him seeing my brother in his dreams. I've seen him break a little more each day that he's not with him and I've watched him grow more determined to ignore it, I've watched him become more of a stranger each day.

I'm watching him now, on that godforsaken laptop of his once again and I go to speak but the words freeze. I know this isn't what he truly wants and I know that for every second we continue to live in this charade our lives will be a little bit worse but it's not just our lives I have to consider now.

Why did I let it go this far? A stupid childish fantasy of one day my prince will come, I didn't see the prince falling for the damsel's knightly brother in any of the fairy stories but maybe in one he should have, showing fools like me that it might not all work out in the end. I've known for so long and now it's too late, I've destroyed both of our lives and condemned us to a marriage that neither of us wanted in the first place.

I know what he's going to do as soon as he hears this and I know that I wont argue, I know that Milliardo will hug me in congratulations and I know that he'll shake Heero's hand and warn him to look after me, his baby sister. Because Mill would never dream of hurting me intentionally.

He will hurt me though, because behind his warm smile I will also see the burning jealousy that I have given Heero something that he never could no matter how much he wanted to. I'll have to live knowing that at least three lives have been destroyed because I waited too long to let them go and tell them that I knew. It's possible that I don't love them enough though, because I'm still going to tell him. Even though I know that this will mean he'll never really get free, I'll tell him because I'm still holding onto something that's saying… that he does love me, that whatever he's feeling for my brother is lust or misplaced emotions or confusion or… anything but that one thing that I always wished he felt for me, love.

"Heero." He looks up, the white screen of the document he's working on reflecting on his face giving him an ethereal look. But there's a faint look of wonder on his face making me speculate over what he's working on or simply thinking about.

"What is it Relena?" Cool, crisp and clinical, everything that I expected from his response, not outwardly dismissing but not allowing me to get close, I doubt if he even notices he does it.

"I'm pregnant Heero." And his world comes tumbling down.

Owari

AN Likey? Not likey? Please give me some feedback here as I am no psychic - sighs sadly - and am not likely to figure it out on my own.