Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hanger Bay Doors ❯ Hanger bay doors ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The corridors where well lit as Amber and Sarah hurried along. Amber was wearing her favourite black dress that hung off her shoulders; it swung against her legs like there was a breeze. It only just reached the top of her knees, just the way amber liked it and as usual her hair was down and swinging from side to side as the half walked half ran down the corridor. Sarah was wearing the usual get up, her black leather military jacket with her Captain badge sewn on the arm and her white tank top barley visible under her jacket. Her black spandex quarter lengths revealed a bit of her feminine side where as her black chunky boots topped of her commanding role. Both had stern looks on their faces as their pace quickened. Sarah's mind raced as they turned another corner. Just 5 more to the hanger bay, she thought. Just 5 minutes before they both got a letter that they were to meet at the hanger bay doors. Sarah and Amber both recognized the handwriting as the neat Quatre so had both immediately had taken of towards the hanger. Their paced slowed as three familiar voices could be heard from the hanger. Heero, Duo and Quatre where fixing wing Zero. They quietly snuck up towards the half open steel doors where a post-it-note hung. Once again the unmistakable handwriting of Quatre, Amber and Sarah read the note to themselves:
“Amber and Sarah,
Please forgive my rudeness but I thought you'd like a nice surprise. Listen quietly to the conversation. Thank you.”
 
Amber and Sarah both stared at each other completely confused at why Quatre had summoned them here. Nether the less both listened intently to the conversation taking place.
“Hand me that wrench, Quatre.” Duo's muffled voice could only just be heard from inside Wing Zero. Quatre passed him the wrench as he continued to stare at the door.
“What's up with you, what you looking for?” Heero's cool, calm voice sounded troubled as he asked Quatre.
“Huh, oh nothing.” Quatre shrugged as if coming out of a dream.
“Must be something for you to be staring none stop at the hunger doors.” Duo said as he emerged very oily out of Wing Zero.
“It's nothing sorry. Well umm…how's Amber, Duo?” He changed the subject. Just on the other side of the doors both Amber and Sarah figured out his plan and tried to contain their laughter.
“She's doing fine.” Duo replied suddenly appearing to drift into a day dream. “What an angel she is.” He sighed. Heero clicked his fingers in front of Duo's face bringing him out of his little daydream and into the real world. He glared at Heero as if he interrupted an important thing. Amber nearly burst into fits of laughter at this.
“And what about Sarah?” Quatre continued his plan.
“I don't know. I haven't seen her in a while. Why?” Heero's face dropped. It was true Sarah had been so busy with her duties as Captain that she hadn't really had time to talk to him; much as she wanted to just run in there and hug him she resisted the erg. Amber placed a hand on her shoulder realising Sarah's sadness.
“She's been so busy we hardly get to talk any more. I haven't seen her since Tuesday.” He sighed. “It's been nearly a week. I just want to hug her just for a little while.” He stopped cleaning the part he was holding and looked away obviously not wanting them to see how sad he was.
“Well I'm sure you'll see her soon.” Quatre said grinning but his grin soon faded. Heero walked off to the other side of the hanger.
“Poor guy. He's really upset. He can't stand not seeing her for this long knowing she's so close.” Duo said as he looked at his feet guilty.
“I'm going to cheer him up!” Quatre exclaimed.
“Yeah how. Sarah ain't around is she.” Duo pointed out.
“Ahh that's where you're wrong,” Quatre smiled. “ Sarah, Amber.” He called as he turned to the door. Both emerged from their hiding place and a very stunned Duo managed to run over to Amber lifting her up in a hug and twirling her round. Both Quatre and Sarah smiled. Sarah slowly walked to the end of the hanger. Peering over a fuel tank she looked at Heero who was slumped against the wall. She jumped over the tank and stood in front of him. Realising someone was standing there Heero raised his head till his eyes met with Sarah. They were filled with tears as he stood up and embraced her in a hug. When he pulled away to look at her like he hadn't seen her in years, his cheeks where tear stained and so were Sarah's.
“I thought…” Sarah put her fingers on his lips.
“Shhh….No words.” She whispered as Heero moved a lock of her hair behind her ear. Heero smiled and moved closer to her as he kissed her passionately. Mean while on the other side of the hanger Quatre had left to leave Duo and Amber alone.
“I feel like I haven't seen you in ages.” Duo said smiling as he picked amber up for what must have been the 22nd time.
“I know. It's been hours.” Amber laughed as her feet hit the ground.
“Oh I've missed you.” Duo said as he stared into her eyes.
“I've missed you too.” Amber said sweetly as she stroked the side of his face. The two moved closer as they kissed sweetly.