Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Hear You Me: A sad Gundam Wing love story ❯ Hear You Me ( One-Shot )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Title: Here you Me
Warning: Mild Mild Shounen-ai
Rated: pg
Comments/Questions: mint_clover_the_raver@yahoo.com
Legal stuff: I don't own Gundam Wing and characters and I do not own the song Here you me by Jimmy Eat World.

Heero walked into the kitchen of his one bedroom apartment and set his groceries down on his counter top. The electric lights flickered up above, though they were the least of his worries. With a sigh he put his food away then slowly walked to his room and began to remove his clothing, shivering at his own touch.
It was so quiet now. It seemed so empty in this place with out that voice... those eyes... that smiling face. He sat down upon his lonely bed and frowned faintly before turning and glancing out a window near his bed to see the rain pouring down. It was real rain... unlike the artificial rain on the colonies... no this was real because this was Earth. Earth...the one place he and the American had always wanted to be after the wars were over. So here he was, alone and lost, but on earth like he always promised he would be.
Heero lowered his heavy eyelids over his colbat eyes and he rested back onto his bed allowing his thoughts to cloud over his mind. Where would he go now? There were no more missions and he was useless as a regular person... he didn't know how to act... how to feel... how to live.

~But he tired to teach you, didn't he?~ A little voice in Heero's head spoke to him.
Heero smiled at he American pilot's attempts to make him crack his nearly flawless stone cold face, the emotionless mask he had always worn. It only worked four times in Heero's all too short time of knowing the braided baka.
Heero rolled over in his bed and tried to get comfortable... though it was impossible. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep tonight again... his thoughts would be filled with that smile and that laugh. He frowned deeper now, he remembered how much he appreciated Duo, but never told him. Was it because he didn't know how? Or was it something else? Either way, he regretted it now... if he had one more chance he'd tell the American everything... -everything-.

~What would you say if you saw me now?~ He thought to himself as his eyes turned to a picture frame of him and Duo smiling, one of Duo's arms lazily about Heero's shoulders.
Heero was a high class business man with everything he could possible want now... well.... almost everything. As sleep began trying to claim his weary body his thoughts turned to Duo once more.

~Wherever you may be... I hope you're happy... and there's someone there to watch over you...~ He sighed at being so tired but being unable to sleep.
Without another thought he rose up and walked to the window, watching the rain still pour down then turned away from it and grabbed his car keys to go for a drive.


~*~
There's no one in town I know
You gave us some place to go.
I never said thank you for that.
I thought I might get one more chance.
What would you think of me now,
so lucky, so strong, so proud?
I never said thank you for that,
now I'll never have a chance.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
~*~

The road before him wined on and he kept going... but to where? He didn't have a clue... he just needed to relax... he needed a chance to get away from the memories, though they haunted him wherever he went.

~I just wish I could have said good-bye... or tell you how much everything you did meant so much to me...~
Some cars passed by and he kept going until the city was a distant memory and the country side filled the scenery, though it wasn't like Heero noticed. His mind was still too full of thoughts he wished he didn't think, or wished he could get over. He pulled over at a small spot at the side of the road and slowly climbed out of the car, closing his eyes when he felt the cool rain touch his hot face and body. Closing his door behind him, he opened his faintly sad eyes to look upon a small wooded area that was much deeper then it appeared.

~We all miss you.~ He thought as he walked towards the wooded area, not minding the feeling that some would get from being in that place late at night while it was raining, ~But I miss you the most... I could never tell you how much I do...and now I wont ever get the chance again...~

~*~
So what would you think of me now,
so lucky, so strong, so proud?
I never said thank you for that,
now I'll never have a chance.
May angels lead you in.
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
~*~

He paused before a small clearing where moonlight shinned in and made the beautiful little spot seem to glow. Flowers that did not close up gave off their wonderful scents into the air and made almost anyone feel at piece there, despite the grey stone cross that was surrounded by a white picket fence. Heero moved into the fenced off area and kneeled before the cross then touched the letters written upon it that read:

His toils are past, his work is done
He fought the fight-the victory won.
Living he made the poor man's heart be glad
And at his death the sorrowing ones more sad.
Closed are the sweetest eyes
from this world of pain,
But trust in this, we shall meet again.

He slowly leaned over and kissed the letters bellow the poem on the cross that read out the name 'Duo Maxwell'.

~It isn't fair... after all you lived through, it isn't fair that an illness took you away. You're Shinigami, Duo, you weren't supposed to die..~
A tear rolled down his pale cheeks as he pulled away from the cross and lowered his head.

~*~
And if you were with me tonight,
I'd sing to you just one more time.
A song for a heart so big,
god wouldn't let it live.
May angels lead you in.
~*~

"Good bye my love." He whispered softly then rose to his feet and got back into his car.
The rain poured on as if it felt the pain Heero's poor heart suffered that night. A few more cars passed by then one veered and hit another as one more spun out of control. Heero was vaguely aware of his car flipping and rolling down a hill and even less aware of the lack of feeling in parts of his body. The rain poured on and nothing seemed to matter anymore.

"Heero?" A soft voice that Heero knew made him open his eyes.
It was Quatre, the sweet blond boy who stood slightly in front of the silent clown and the Chinese pilot. Quatre smiled, though his eyes were sad and worried.... worry for who? For him?

"Hey Quatre." Heero responded softly while glancing about.
He was in a hospital, but why? He never went to hospitals, even after he self-destructed he was never bad enough to be in a hospital. Things must have been really bad this time...

"How are you feeling?" Quatre smiled and reached over to lightly brush his fingers against Heero's hand.
"I'm tired." He responded truthfully.
"Do you want us to go and let you rest?"
Heero nodded slightly but held Quatre's sleeve back for a minute so he didn't go just yet.

"Thank you, Quatre. For taking care of me after Duo left... and thank you for being so kind." Heero spoke softly... he defiantly wasn't feeling himself, "I hope you and Trowa have a wonderful life together."
Quatre's eyes widened and the worried look grew a bit more intense.

"And Wufei.." Heero called lightly, making the boy with black hair turn and look at him, "Thank you as well."
Wufei simply nodded then Heero let go of Quatre's sleeve, allowing them all to leave in silence.

"You alright Quatre?" Trowa asked softly as he put an arm about his smaller lover once they were out of Heero's room.
Small tears continued to fall down the blonde's face, "Trowa..." He whispered softly, "He spoke as if he's never going to see us again..."
Trowa looked over at Wufei who nodded and hung back while Trowa walked with Quatre down the hall.

"Yuy... you better make it through this. You're stronger then death." Wufei muttered to himself while taking a seat in a chair down the hall.

~*~
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
~*~

"Heero." Spoke a warm voice but it was so light and distant that Heero barely caught it, "Heero." The voice said again, and this time it was loud and clear.
Heero's eyes opened and before him stood a figure in all black with a gentle smile upon it's beautiful face.

"Duo?" Heero asked lightly, unsure of who it was, even if the braid behind the figure made it clear.
"I've been waiting for you..." Duo smiled as he came into the light and offered Heero a hand.
Slowly Heero reached out for him then hesitated as he sat up and looked around.

"But.." He started when he turned around to see his body, oddly it didn't seem to phase him in the least, "What about the others?"
Duo only smiled and took Heero's half outstretched hand in his and helped him off the bed.

"They'll be alright." He said then gave Heero's hand a gentle squeeze.
"Come on, we have a couple of years to catch up on and the rest of eternity to be together."
Heero glanced back at his body then looked at Duo when Quatre, Trowa and Wufei came back in.

"Heero?" Quatre asked quietly as he reached over and touched the Japanese boy's body but noticed Heero didn't respond.
"Don't be sad Quatre." Heero's spirit leaned closer to the nervious blond to whisper into Quatre's ear, "I'm with Duo at last."
Quatre looked up, as if he could have heard Heero's voice.

"Let's go." Heero finally nodded to Duo whom grinned and took his hand once more.
Slowly the two walked off, hand in hand, not needing to say another word. The machines turned to a flat tone and the soft cries of friends touched the air until the funeral where the remaining three stood around a clearing that now held two crosses which touched and were linked together by a cross necklace and small piece of green fabric. Bellow the linked spot on the ground between them rested a plaque that read:

Reunited at last
We shall part no more.

~*~
Hear you me my friends.
On sleepless roads the sleepless go.
May angels lead you in.
May angels lead you in.
~*~