Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ In the Arms of the Angel ❯ Duo - 2 ( Chapter 5 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Â

Part V

Duo dropped his bags and a billowing of dust rose from the tiled floor.

"When was the last time you cleaned, Heero?" He turned to gaze at Heero, who shrugged.

"The last time I was here." Duo cocked his head and opened his mouth to ask when that had been, but Heero continued. "I haven't been here since the day after the fight. When I woke up and you were gone, and I remembered that I had kicked you out, I left, intending to find you and bring you home. I haven't been back since."

"Oh." It felt kind of good, in a way that Heero had spent so much time looking for him. "What about your job."

"Leave of absence."

"Oh." Heero came up to him and pulled him smoothly into an embrace. He could feel Heero take in a deep breath, more then likely smelling his hair. He tried to snuggle into the embrace, but the desire just wasn't there. It was comforting, however, and Duo really didn't want it to end.

"I'm glad you're home." Duo appreciated the words, and he knew that they came from Heero's heart, and that Heero meant them, but for some reason they didn't spark any kind of reaction inside. Before, when Heero would hug him and tell him that he was glad that he was home, Duo would feel that there was nothing more important to him than Heero. Now, they were just words to him, and he didn't care.

"Me too." He was, that in of itself was not a lie, but he was glad only from the standpoint that he could stay and not be in a rusty hotel room. Heero released him and held him at arm's length, staring into his eyes. Duo tried not to feel uncomfortable. He gave Heero a reassuring smile. Heero smiled in return, his eyes wrinkling up with warmth. Duo realized that Heero had never really smiled before. That something which hadn't sparked in Heero's embrace now reactedâ€"but only faintly, as if to open its eyes, acknowledge Heero's smile and go back to sleep.

"You seem distant." Do I, Heero? Maybe you should have thought things through that night. You know Relena has always hated me, and always loved you. "Are you okay?" He didn't realize that he had made any sound until he saw Heero's face fall into concern. He was pulled into another embrace as fingers softly dragged their way through his hair. He closed his eyes as they started to tingle and burn. He would not cry, he would not cry.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired, and I haven't forgiven you yet." He could feel Heero's head nodding into his hair.

"I understand." Heero pulled away, releasing Duo. Duo blinked back tears, turning to pick up his bags. "You can have our roomâ€"I'll sleep on the couch." Duo nodded and turned toward the bedroom. He paused, contemplating whether or not he should say something. His love for Heero decided.

"I do love you, Heero. It's just going to take some time." He didn't turn around to say his peace, but he knew Heero was smiling softly.

"I understand."

He walked to the bedroom and pushed his way inside. He shut the door and slid down the length of it, curling into a heap on the floor. He hugged his knees to his chest as his tears ran in torrents down his face. He knew that Heero would be able to hear him, but he didn't care. He sobbed out his pain and heartache anyway.

He doesn't love you, Duo. He's just using you for sex.

Shut up.

Things will be fine for a week, and thenâ€"you'll see.

No.

You are worthless to him. How many times has he said that?

It was only the one time.

But it was a rather powerful time, don'cha think?

He loves me.

He loves sex.

I love sex.

No, you like sex. There's a difference.

But I had lots of sex.

And you still felt empty.

Cause I love Heero. He didn't have sex.

How do you know?

Cause he was looking for me!

He's only using you. You're his comfort zone. Soon enough, he'll grow tired and kick you out again.

No he won't.

Don't lie to yourself, Duo. You know this to be true.

"NO!"

A knock vibrated the door.

"Duo? Are you okay?" Heero's voice drowned out the voice in his head.

"Um, yeah. I'm fine. I'll be out soon, okay?" A lengthy pause caused Duo to wring his fingers.

"I'll start dinner, then." Duo smiled.

"Okay, great." He heard Heero retreating footsteps. As soon as he couldn't hear Heero anymore, he tore through his bags. "Where is it? Shit." He tore through clothes, tossing them all over the room. "Here it is, thank God." He held his bag of supplies up to the light, licking his lips as the light shone through the plastic bag. He opened it greedily and began preparing a dose of Angel Dust. It was the only thing that kept the voices away, and since they insisted on following him home, than he would continue the use of the drug.

He sighed as he felt the drug flowing through his veins, and he suddenly felt like he was okay. He felt as if he could easily forgive Heero, and everything could be just fine. And for the first time since they had left the hotel room, he felt as though he could give himself to Heero.

Alright. He was horny as all hell. But food sounded better. He kicked his clothes in a pile at the foot of the bed and quit the room to find Heero.

He was in the sudden mood for a kiss.

______________________________

Heero stood over the stove browning hamburger. He didn't notice that Duo had entered the kitchen until hands moved around his chest and moist lips kissed the back of his neck. He closed his eyes and leaned his head back, allowing Duo to kiss more of his neck.

"Mmmm, Duo. That feels wonderful." It was like old times, before the fight, before Relena. He stirred the hamburger, letting his body rest in Duo's embrace. His skin burned where Duo's body pressed against him and shock waves rippled out wherever Duo's lips alighted on him. He turned the heat off and turned in Duo's embrace. He caressed Duo's mouth before leaning in and gently kissing him. Duo hungrily increased the passion of the kiss, and Heero felt as though he couldn't keep up. As Duo broke the kiss, he looked into Duo's eyes.

They were too bright, as if a layer of gloss had been applied. But there was love there, so Heero latched onto that, afraid of what he might find in the gloss.

"What's for dinner?" Duo leaned around him to gaze at the hamburger. Heero laughed.

"I'm not quite sure, but I was thinking of making a sauce to go over this and serving it on egg noodles."

"Mmmm, make it a spicy sauce." Duo licked his lips appreciatively. Hero shuddered.

"That, I can do." Duo leaned close.

"Good." Heero nipped playfully at Duo's nose and turned Duo around. He gently guided Duo out of the kitchen and pushed him on the couch. He picked up the TV remote and placed it in Duo's hands, wrapping the long fingers around the remote.

"You, stay here. Relax and enjoy. I'll bring dinner out when it's done." Duo smiled, one that he hadn't seen in a long time. His eyes seemed to lose some of their glassy shine as he leaned closer to Heero.

"Thank you." Heero blushed when Duo's lips brushed gently over his cheek, and he felt as though he was courting Duo.

"Relax."

Dinner was quiet, both men lost in their own thoughts. Duo seemed pleased with dinner, and he mentioned that he had forgotten how good Heero actually cooked. He stared at Duo over the tableâ€"he hadn't gone so far as to put candles on the tableâ€"as he re-memorized Duo's face. After they were both full, Heero cleaned the table off as Duo watched. Duo swung his legs from his perch on the counter.

"Hurry up. Can't the dishes wait until tomorrow?" Duo asked.

"Its better to do them now, that way it's not a chore tomorrow."

"But I wanna play." Duo mock pouted as Heero turned to him.

"Play what?" Duo grinned, and Heero suddenly felt as though he shouldn't have asked.

"You." Heero shivered and placed the last dish in the dishwasher and turned the machine on. Heero turned back to Duo.

"If you insist." Duo leaned close.

"Oh, but I do."

Heero once again ignored the glassy sheen covering Duo's eyes as Duo dragged him to their bedroom. He pushed the little voice in the back of his head that said that this wasn't right. He remembered that Duo had said that he hadn't forgiven him yet, so why was he now asking for sex? Heero shoved the last of the voices and bad feelings into a dark corner of his mind, and prepared to give Duo the time of his life.

They burst into the bedroom, unable to keep their hands off of each other, and fell onto the bed. Within moments, both men were naked and rubbing against each other. They tumbled amongst the sheets in their game of passion until they were worn out.

Duo turned glazed eyes up to Heero as Heero pulled him into a soft embrace. Another premonition was shoved brutally to the back of his mind as he gazed into his lover's eyes.

"I love you, Heero."

"I love you, too."