Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Labyrinth ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Labyrinth


Obviously, this is based on the movie, (which I think is great, BTW) and involves the charas from GW, and also a bit of self-insertion. My muses (Past AND Present) also play a large part. So sit back, look blankly off into Never-Never Land, and enjoy my fic!! Oh, and pairings are as follows:screw it, just doing THIS would be as long as the fic, so I guess you'll figure it out as we go along. Gomen! P.S. Duo and Wufei are the only Pilots in this, just cause it was easier. Arigatou for your understanding!!!!

~<@>~


Wufei slammed down the book he was reading, and glared at the object of his distraction.

"MAXWELL! I am trying to read! Can you not cease your incessant chattering for once, and let me have some peace?!" The happy-go-lucky pilot of Deathscyth stopped dead in his tracks.

"I'm sorry," he said, actually sounding repentant for once. "I'm really bored, and I just watched this movie about this girl, and this huge maze, and some guy with a freaky mullet and blue stretch-pants-" Wufei glared.

"I know for a FACT that's what you were watching, because I had to hear every damn WORD of it!!!" He gave a long-suffering sigh, and picked his book back up. "Now go away, and let me read!"

"Sure thing, Wu-chan!" Duo bounced off, singing loudly. Wufei gave another sigh.

"Too bad things DON'T work like they do in movies; then I could REALLY wish that the goblins would take him away!"

***

Duo had just finished making himself a very sloppy sandwich, when a loud THUMP! and a louder "GODAMMIT! THAT HURT !" made him turn swiftly around. He nearly, but not quite, dropped his sandwich in shock. Lying ungracefully before him was a young girl (well, not really YOUNG, but I will be, just for the sake of the fic) dressed in flashback-to-the-80's day-glow miniskirt and over-sized sweater. She stood up, brushing herself off, plastic bangles clanking merrily, and blew her side-ways ponytail out of her mouth in annoyance. Looking up, she notticed Duo.

"Hey there, hotlips, you Duo Maxwell?" Duo nodded. "Good thing! I HATE picking people up. Well, let's go go go! I haven't got all day! C'mon, Koryu is expecting you, so we gotta hurry. He'll be here in about 20 minutes to talk to Wufei, so we gotta get this show on the road!" Duo merely stared at her. "What? Scrape that cute jaw of yours off the floor and let's blow this place!"

"Who....are you?"

The girl sighed in annoyance. "I'm the Goblin King's personal assistant, responsible for pick-ups and drop-offs. Like you."

"Goblin King? Like in the movie?"

"Well, yeah, except the real GK ain't David Bowie. And he doesn't have that AWFUL mullet....."

"But what does the Gobl-uh, GK want with me?" Duo was taking this a lot better than anyone would have expected him to. But, then again, this IS Duo.

"Well, your buddy in the next room over said the magic words, so POOF! here I am, summoned by another unhappy, angst-ridden teenager. Damn, I hate my job."

Duo blinked at the vehemenent reaction, then, notticing something, looked the girl up and down. "Um, what's with the outfit?" The girl looked down in turn and shrieked.

"Oh, bonerbitingbastard! I HATE day-glow! PROPS! WHO THE HELL PUT ME IN THIS GETUP?!?! "

[Guy in the background: Um, sorry 'bout that, ma'am!
NOT GOOD ENOUGH!! *snaps her fingers, and he's turned into dust*]

The girl snapped her fingers huffily, and her outfit was replaced by dark jeans, mesh shirt, skin-tight plastic vest, and a long black leather trench. Duo merely stared some more at the girl, who now looked like an reject from the Matrix . Nodding her now curly, shoulder-length auburn haired head, she pulled down her shades, grabbed Duo, and disappeared.

***

They reappeared moments later in a posh-looking audience chamber. Duo looked around himself in awe, before the girl dragged him over to a bored-looking young man sitting on the throne, idly playing with the end of his cloak. His attention immediately homed in on the person stalking towards him, and her unwitting captive. He sat up a bit straighter, and beamed at the glaring girl.

"OH! Sara, is that him? Is this the one?" He asked, almost bouncing in excitement. The girl gave a silent snarl. Her mood seemed to have worsened since the costume accident. She practically flung Duo at the young man in the chair.

"Yeah, this is him. Y'know, Koryu, why the HELL did you have to make that stupid agreement? I hate picking people up; I'm starting to feel like a frickin' soccer mom or something. Either I get a raise, or you start making it up to me." The young Goblin King lost his smile.

"I'm sorry, dearling. I'll TRY to make the load less on you. You can go now. Oh, and you," he pointed to a hapless goblin who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, "take young Maxwell-sama to his bedroom, would you? Yeah, thanks."

Sara turned a shade that clashed alarmingly with her hair before stalking out of the room, shrieking at the top of her lungs, "WHERE THE HELL IS QUATRE?!" Koryu cringed and smiled encourgingly at Duo.

"Well, uh, just follow your designated goblin guide, and, um, I'll be back in a short. Gotta go talk to Wufei and all....." Koryu puffed out in a bit of smoke. Duo sighed and followed the hunched-up piece of useless lint in front of him.

"I thought it would be more like the movie.......hey! Where the hell did my sandwich go?"

***

Somewhere further in the palace of the Goblin King, Sara laughed and bit into her newly aquired roast-beef-and-provolone lunch.

"Sucker."

***

Well, there's the end of chpter one. Chapter 2 is already written, so you won't have to wait at ALL for that one! I ought to be able to pump this baby out in about a week, so no worries, eh? On to part 2, I suppose!