Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Letters from Duo ❯ Chapter 23

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
LETTERS FROM DUO


(Sidefic series for the Death and the Dragon Arc)




By: Mel and Christy
Warnings: Fluff, Rambling Duo

----------------------

Squinting blearily at the keys, Duo finally abandoned his attempts to make the two images he was seeing link up as one, and just squinted one eye shut, typing hunt-and-peck style with his face only inches away from the keyboard. Once finished, he solemnly clicked 'check spelling' and spent five minutes slowly entering all the words the spell-checker didn't recognise into its memory before hitting 'send'.

----------

FROM: Shi-chan@XXXX.com
TO: Soldier-Boy@Guns-R-Us.com
SENT: 23:20 September 10 196AC
SUBJECT: Ow...

---message begins---

Hey Hee-chan -

I'm not going to make it to the safehouse on my own. 'Scythe and me had a bit of trouble on that last mission. I'm kind of banged up and 'Scythe is even worse. I don't think I can get the repairs that 'Scythe needs to get us home done by myself. Not to mention that I need a few sets of stitches, most in places I can't reach. I mean, I can do the ones in my leg, I suppose, but personal surgery creeps me out. Have I told you how creeped-out I was when you set your own leg on Howard's ship? Well, I was VERY creeped-out.

We're about one hour SSW of the safehouse. I've set the beacon in case I fall asleep. Wouldn't want you to go right by me or anything. And bring some aspirin. I have a killer headache.

Hope to see you soon.

Duo

P.S. Don't tell the guys. Quatre will worry.

---message ends---

----------

FROM: Soldier-Boy@Guns-R-Us.com
TO: Shi-chan@XXXX.com
SENT: 23:37 September 10 196AC
SUBJECT: Re: Ow...

---message begins---

Duo-

On my way. DO NOT fall asleep. You sound like you have a concussion.

Heero

P.S. No, I won't tell anyone. And if you don't stop changing my e-mail alias to strange things, I will... think of something to do in revenge. I mean it.

---message ends---

----------

Quatre looked up from his book, frowning slightly.

"Heero, where are you going?"

"Out."

Back to Letters Main

Back to The Safehouse