Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Letting Go Trowa's Part ❯ Trowa's First ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It was a quiet night. The four ex-Gundam pilots were gathered together at the home of their fellow ex-pilot Quatre R. Winner. It was the first time they had all seen each other since the Mariemaia incident just last year. It was something they had agreed to do soon after that they would spend Christmas time together.

Currently, it was Christmas Eve. In the living room, or one of them anyways, Trowa Barton sat curled up, reading a book. His long bangs didn’t seem to bother him as he reached for his steaming cup of hot chocolate that was laying on the table next to him.

Brilliant green eyes looked up to gaze around the room. Nearby, in front of the fireplace, two of his friends were playing chess. In the corner, a large pine tree twinkled with the lights that Duo Maxwell had placed on it. The said man was currently dancing around, annoying another friend, to the Christmas music he had insisted on playing.

With his long chestnut braid bouncing behind him, the violet eyed man sat on the arm of Trowa’s chair. Looking into his friend’s cobalt blue eyes, the green eyed wonder gave a small smile. Moving his gaze to the two ex-pilots playing chess, Trowa watched as Chang Wufei cursed quietly as another pawn was taken by their host, Quatre.

Aquamarine eyes looked up. Catching the mischievous look in his best friend’s eyes, Trowa nodded. Blonde hair bobbed lightly with laughter as the Chinese pilot cursed once more.

Though he could not see them, Trowa knew as he watched the two, that the Chinese man’s onyx eyes were blazing with hurt pride as he could only watch his knight was captured. Equally black hair pulled back tight gave him a serious look of concentration.

A little further away sat Heero Yuy. Unruly, brown hair moved as he turned to yell at Duo once more. It was recently, in the past year really, that he knew emotions had been returning to his friend’s Prussian blue eyes.

Gazing around the room one more time, he looked out the window and saw something that caught his eye. A young girl, no older than eleven, was standing out there. Her blonde hair was pulled back, light blue eyes clouded with sorrow. She looked right at him.

“I’m sorry,” she mouthed. “I love you, Nanashi. But you are no longer Nanashi. I’m sorry. Good bye.”

The wind blew fierce and she was gone.