Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Love Lost and Found Again ❯ Caught ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

*EDIT* I noticed that there were tons of typos in this when I went back through and they were really bugging me so I decided to fix them. (Most of the typos had to do with Wufei's name accidentally spelled Wufie.) I also changed a few words to make it probably flow a little better. Sorry if you have this faved and are receiving the update thing. I wonder if people actually read this…
 
@Sakag: Thanks for reviewing! I'm glad you liked it. I usually prefer yaoi myself, but this story kinda just jumped out at me so I had to put it down.
 
 
A/N: What I mean by POV is that the thoughts that are reflected are the one's that are mentioned. This is my first time writing so try not to hate me too bad. Comments are appreciated. There is implied yaoi moments (1x5, 3x4), but it mainly focuses on 2xOC. I might have to change the rating later, I'm not sure if I want to add anything, let's say interesting. The rating is for the very light swearing and the fact that I would be disturbed if I saw 13-to-16-year olds claiming they were in love like this.
 
Disclaimers: I do not own Gundam Wing. I wish I owned Duo and the rest of the boys (not particularly Relena or the rest of the girls except maybe Sally and Noin), but I don't.
 
Chapter 1: Caught
 
(Alex's POV)
 
Ow, shit the police are here. They actually found me. Alex moved slowly into the pile of rubbish. How the police had managed to track all the way into a junkyard was beyond Alex's imagination. They had always seemed so stupid. Then…
 
Click. Alex knew there was a handgun trained from behind, and didn't move. How did someone come up from behind me? I didn't even hear anything. God, I must be losing my touch if one of the pigs caught me.
 
“What are you doing here?” said a quiet voice, although Alex could have sworn held a hint of amusement.
 
It's not like I can check if this guy's amused or not, Alex thought sourly. But he's definitely not one of them. They would have called all their lackeys and enjoyed hauling me off in chains.
 
When Alex didn't answer, the voice came again, “Will you at least tell me why those guys seem so intent on catching you?”
 
Then Alex did turn and face the guy, casually looking him over. He seemed like he was roughly around 20 years old and obviously American. He was about a foot taller than Alex, with deep violet-blue eyes that seemed perpetually amused, but also tinged with sadness. He had long brown hair with bangs that hung into his face and a long braid that hung down his back. He was dressed in all black, and she could see the faint outline of his muscular build underneath the clothing. Deciding that it probably wasn't worth it to find out just how strong he was, Alex just held out something shining.
 
The boy took it and looked it over. “You risked getting caught by some damn incompetent officers” - Hah! Knew he wasn't one of them! - “so that you could get some fucking necklace?” He held up the silver cross with an incredulous stare. The cross looked a little tarnished but it had the distinct shape of a heart with wings. “You seemed smarter than that.”
 
“What do you know? And it's not for me. It's for Sister Mar—“ Then Alex stopped. He didn't damn well need to know anything about her, or why she had it. “Just give it back please. I need to get back soon.”
 
“Hey, hey slow down. I'll give it back, it's just that the pigs aren't going to like you wandering around by yourself, kid.” Alex bristled. I'm probably only a year younger than this punk. But before she had time for an outburst, he continued. “Besides, there's some tough security getting out of here that you probably didn't notice coming in. My buddy designed it so I know. You'd better stay with us for the night. I'll take you back when it's safe.”
 
Alex frowned. “I don't need a safe house or an escort. I can take care of myself.” But just as those words fell out, Alex half-turned and heard the sound of boots coming closer. Then Alex felt a sharp pain and fell into darkness.
 
--
 
“Duo I think the kid's waking up.”
“You didn't have to hit him that hard.”
“Hey! He wasn't cooperating. I had to get him out of the way of those police anyway, they were fucking close.”
“Nobody saw you right? If our position was compromised…”
“Chill, Heero. We're safe.”
 
Alex's head was swimming. Lying on a narrow bed, Alex's eyes opened slowly. Ugh. My head. Who are these people? Who are they talking about? Kid? Oh, I guess that's me. But…
 
“Hey kid!” the guy from last night came up to me. His eyes had considerably brightened since the night before, bringing out the violet accents. He seemed to be bouncing. Ow, that's making me dizzy. “My name is Duo. I'm sorry about hitting you last night, but you didn't seem like you were going to come quietly. Besides I couldn't very well let you see the entrance of this secret hideout now could I?”
 
I raised my eyebrow at him. “Right. And now you gave me a splitting headache and are bouncing on the bed, making me even dizzier than before.”
 
I heard a laugh and my eyes shifted over to look. It came from a cute looking Arabian boy, who didn't look much younger than Duo. He had short blond hair with long bangs like Duo's and was a dress shirt and khakis. He seemed about the same height as Duo, maybe a little shorter, but I had a distinct feeling that this boy's slender build belied his strength. He had twinkling blue eyes that held the same amusement if not sadness as Duo's. “He's right you know. You should probably let up so that he doesn't faint because of the dizziness you're causing him.” His voice was light and effused with silent laughter.
 
“That's mean Kat.” Duo pouted, then he brightened as he turned to Alex. “That's Quatre by the way. And that silent one over there is Heero.” He pointed at a Japanese boy with intense blue eyes and short brown hair. However his bangs were also rather long, and they covered some of his eyes. What's with these guys and long hair? His muscles were lean and he wore a green shirt with blank pants. A little taller than Duo, and possibly a little older. He looked rather serious. Heero acknowledged Alex with a slight nod.
 
“What's your name anyway?” Quatre looked at him smiling.
 
Alex couldn't help but smile back. “My name's Alex.”
 
Duo saw the exchange of smiles and pouted. “Hey, why does a cute guy like you have eyes for Quatre? I mean I know he's cute, but he's taken! And well, I don't think Trowa's the type to want to share.”
 
Quatre turned red and Heero intervened. “Duo, I'm sure the kid wasn't hitting on Quatre. Not all guys have the same tendencies to stake out claims like you.” Heero gave Duo a pointed glance.
 
Alex looked puzzled. “You think I'm a cute guy?”
 
Duo had been pouting at Heero, but when he heard Alex, he turned around and said “Yeah! Of course you're cute!”
 
“That's not what I mea—”
 
“What's all the commotion? Did the kid finally wake up?”
 
Alex looked at the two boys that were walking in the room. One was tall and lanky, a good foot taller than Duo and looked a little older as well. He had an acrobatic body from the looks of him, and he walked rather gracefully for a guy. He had the strangest hair, with short brown hair and the longest bang that covered half his face and revealed only one bright green eye. He was the one who spoke, and had a low monotone voice. The other boy was Chinese, the same height as Duo with piercing black eyes and equally dark hair pulled into a tight ponytail. He was wearing a blue tank top with Chinese style billowing pants. The second boy was the one that caught Alex's attention.
 
“Wufei?”
 
The Chinese boy frowned and looked at Alex closer. Alex winced. The blackened face and the beanie that covered all the hair and ears and nearly the eyebrows would probably put a damper on his memory. Not to mention the baggy black clothing would probably disguise all of Alex's body.
 
“It's Alex. Or, as you used to call me…”
 
His eyes rounded in shock. “Chi? What the hell? How did you end up here? And why the hell are you dressed up as a guy?”
 
“Wait Wufei, he's not a guy?!” Duo exclaimed. “I mean, she… looks like one.” He finished lamely and looked at Alex guiltily.
 
Wufei was muttering what sounded like “obviously” while rummaging through and finding what he was looking for. “Here, wipe your face off. And take off that ridiculous beanie. You look like you were going to mug someone. No wonder the police were after you. You probably were, weren't you? What am I going to do with you?” He muttered as he thrust a towel into her hands.
 
Alex took the towel meekly and started rubbing her face, not noticing the varying degrees of surprise that her gender had brought among these guys. Once she had done that she pulled off the beanie to reveal cascading black hair. “Um guys do you mind if I use your shower and maybe have a quick change of clothes?”
 
Wufei grunted and pulled her up and out into his own room.
 
The boy with the extraordinarily long bang let out a sigh and said “Well that was interesting.”