Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 16

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: Two parts in one night! God, I'm on a roll!

Melpomene: ::wicked smile:: It's my time to shine boys and girls. ::snaps her fingers::

Cherry Blossom/Matteo: ::find themselves imprisoned in chains:: Hey!

Melpomene: There shall be no interference from the riff raff this time.

Matteo: ::offended:: Riff raff?!

Duo: ::looks worried:: Cherry?

Cherry Blossom: Don't worry. I still have partial control over this. But Mel's running the show for now. Just go with it. I'm sure it won't be that bad.

Heero: Yeah right.

Melpomene: I'm going to play this out in short connected chapters. Don't worry, you won't have to wait that long for them. And I'll just cut out the tiresome intro during these…sections ::evil grin:: Heero, I think you're going to want to sit down.

Heero: Oh fuck…

Duo: ::hugs his koi:: We'll survive this. It's just an angst muse. How bad could it be?

Melpomene: ::starts to laugh:: Let's get started! I feel empowered!

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 16

Heero could see the girl's pale skin as she knelt beside him, grasping his palm in her hand. He saw the sympathy in her eyes and wanted to scream.

'I don't need your pity! I don't need anyone's pity!'

"Relena," he intoned harshly, intending to make her flinch. "What are you doing here? I told you to go home."

"I needed to speak with you Heero. Alone," she said, bringing a cool hand to rest against his hot forehead. Heero drew back at the contact and struggled to keep his mind clear.

"It's dangerous to be here…how did you get in past the others?"

Relena smiled slightly and motioned to her dirt stained and ripped dress.

"I climbed through the window."

Heero gawked at her, speechless.

"You…are you crazy?! What was so important that you would risk…what were you thinking?" he asked, incredulous.

"I know everything Heero," Relena whispered. "I know what you've been hiding from the rest of the world."

Heero's eyes grew wide with shock and sudden panic.

'Relena knows? About my fears and the dreams…but she couldn't know. I don't even know what they mean yet! How can it be that she knows something I do not?'

"Heero," the closeness of Relena's voice startled the boy from his thoughts. She was leaning over him, her lips very close to his own. He could feel her breath, warm on his cheek.

"Relena-"

"Shh," she whispered, placing her hand back on Heero's forehead. This time he did not flinch away. "I know, you don't have to hide any more. Just let your emotions free for me Heero, and you won't hurt ever again, I promise you."

"I…I…"

Heero couldn't seem to find his voice. The words were all muddled in his brain and his head pounded painfully. Relena's cool hand on his flesh was soothing and it offered comfort Heero hadn't considered until now. Could Relena really fill the black hole in his life?

'If Duo…'

The thought was painful. Heero forced himself to finish it anyway.

'If Duo never really cared for me, then maybe Relena and I were meant to be together. But…I don't feel anything for her the way I felt for Duo. I can't see myself living my life with her…she cares for me. Like Duo claimed to do. Is this was love is suppose to feel like? She's so close…does she want a kiss? Maybe that's all love is, really. Maybe Duo just wanted to kiss me and once he got what he wanted, he had no further use for me…'

Relena's voice once again pulled him from his thoughts.

"I know what you're feeling Heero, and it's all right. You can finally let go. I'm here with you and I'll never leave you."

Her hand stroked his forehead gently and Heero arched into the comfort her touch brought, desperate for any reassurance she could give. His heart ached with a hole and he needed to fill it now.

"Relena…" His voice throbbed with pain, almost a sob. The young Princess leaned closer, placing a palm against his flushed cheek.

"Yes," she whispered. "All you have to do is kiss me. Then you will be free, Heero. Just one kiss and all your suffering will end."

'Should I believe her? Does she truly love me? I can't kiss her. It'd feel like betraying Duo. But…he's already betrayed me. He didn't want me anyway. It was all just a game to him…wasn't it? Why does this feel so wrong? My head hurts so much…If I could only breathe…cold air, I need…just…one…breath…'

Heero tilted his head up slightly and that became his own undoing as Relena took it as an invitation to press her lips against his. The intense sweetness of Heero's mouth became an instant drug to her and she eagerly explored its caverns and quickly forgot about the boy beneath her who had stiffened considerably. He tasted so good! Relena savoured her first real kiss, pressing herself as close to Heero as she dared. The warmth of his body soaked into her clothes and the sudden uncomfortable heat caused Relena to end this kiss, sitting up reluctantly.

Heero remained still on the bed, his eyes shut tight. Thinking that he was in shock, Relena brushed a hand against his cheek and said his name softly. When she got no reply she became worried, calling out his name a bit louder.

Heero was unresponsive. Relena began to shake him. Still Heero did not respond. The tearful Princess did the only thing she could think of. She kissed him again, hard.

Heero's eyes opened. Relieved, Relena hugged the boy enthusiastically, but her happiness soon became horror when Heero suddenly threw her to the floor and began to scream…

'Wha…what's happening?'

/She kissed you. She's kissing you. She's making you hers/

'But I can't be hers. I'm Duo's, only Duo's…this is wrong, feels wrong…'

/Stop her. She'll hurt you. Like the monster. The monster's coming to hurt you. Don't let him/

'I can't…I can't, who are you? Why can't I see? It's so dark…am I blind? I want to see!'

/You don't want to see/

'I do! Let me open my eyes! I can't stand this darkness…'

/Open your eyes. But don't say I didn't warn you./

Blue.

Wide, crystalline blue.

Staring at him.

They were so full of life, happiness, innocence.

They saw right through him.

They shamed him.

They cursed his life.

They shredded his soul.

//Are you lost niisan?//

//I've been lost all my life…//

//No! This wasn't supposed to happen!//

//What's the use of a perfect soldier if he feels remorse after killing another? Look how he's blubbering over that stupid dog//

//Relax, we'll just retrain him. I have an idea…//

//Don't put me down there again! Oh please, I'll be good. Just don't put me down there again, PLEASE don't, oh…//

//Hello Heero. Were you a bad boy? We'll just have to teach you to be good again…//

Too much.

Memories flooded him.

Too much.

Pain filled his head, his body, every part of him.

Too much.

It hurt deep inside, deep inside him.

Too much.

The crystal eyes stared back and they were filled with blood.

Heero screamed.

To Be Continued…in the morning.