Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Making Heero Human ❯ Chapter 19

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Cherry Blossom: ::sings:: It's been awhile…since I could…hold my head up-

Angry mob: Grrrrrr… ::stomps Cherry into the dirt::

Pilots: O.o;

Duo: Think they're just a touch irate?

Melpomene: What makes you say that?

Cherry Blossom: X . X urgh…

Heero: Serves you right for making this into such a horrible story.

Duo: Yeah! Fix your mess! I want my Hee-chan happy again!

Cherry Blossom: Sorry, no can do for the moment.

Melpomene: It's still MY show babies! ^__^

Matteo: ::sulks:: I never get to do anything anymore.

Cherry Blossom: Don't pout Teo-chan. You're still the star of CPT!

Matteo: ::pfft:: Just write the dang chapter.

Cherry Blossom: Oooh! By the way! For all those who responded to the challenge of guessing Hee-chan's problem…

Duo: Other then the obvious one.

Heero: ::glares::

Cherry Blossom: All those who guessed that he had MPD or Multiple Personality Disorder guessed right!! As Katie so eloquently stated, he's "pulling an Une." So…in regards to your cameo appearance, you shall all be written in as…..the nameless faceless OZ soldiers who die in this chapter!! Yay!!

Angry mob: ::growl:: Die….

Cherry Blossom: Hey! Hey! I won't be able to write the story if you kill me!!

Duo: Yeah at least wait until after she's finished to beat her to a pulp.

Cherry Blossom: ::glare::

Matteo: On with the fic! Before we all die!!

Disclaimer: If I owned Gundam Wing I would have enough money to buy a decent word processor. Since I am presently typing this on the word processor from HELL this scenario is very improbable.

Warnings: Shounen ai!! Shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen ai shounen aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!! Have I made it clear to you people yet? MALE/MALE RELATIONSHIPS!!!! HOMOSEXUALS!!!! Got it? Good. So don't flame me because of it.

Making Heero Human - Part 19

Wing Zero moved like lightning, its beam saber flashing through the sky, sliding into hot metal like it was butter. The suits it was splitting in half exploded on impact, their occupants hardly having time to scream before their world erupted into white emptiness. Heero, or rather, The Perfect Soldier, offered no taunt for his enemies like Duo was wont to do, not did he murmur apologies as Quatre often did. There was no calm assessment of the battle schematics like one would receive from Trowa, and he did not scream out a battle call like Wufei would have. Instead there was eerie silence and efficient, brutal carnage. Somewhere inside himself, there came the frightened wailing of a child, but The Perfect Soldier ignored the sound, focusing only on the destruction in front of him. After all, there were enemies to kill. There was absolutely no time to deal with irrelevancies like the pain of Heero Yuy.

"Commander it's not working! We're severely outmatched over here. The Zero pilot fights like a demon!"

Commander Cheriko, head of Unit 361 OZ Combat Forces, cursed and changed the flight pattern her troops were now taking. They were being cut down in droves but they couldn't let this opportunity pass without at least causing some damage.

'After all the work we went through to pin that tracer onto that silly girl's shirt without her noticing and tracking her here to this God forsaken mud hole, we damn well better have something to show for it,' she thought to herself.

"Commander!"

The frantic call on her vidscreen irritated her and she snapped back a reply.

"Listen you cowardly morons, we're supposed to be OZ's top unit beside the Specials and I won't have us turning around and running away like dogs with our tails between our legs! I don't care what you have to do but you TAKE those fucking Gundams down NOW," she growled, quickly trying to regroup her floundering team.

"Commander."

Cheriko looked at the vidscreen and stifled a sigh of relief. A young man, no more then twenty looked calmly out of the screen.

"Laos," she breathed, "do you have information for me?"

"Yes Commander. It appears that the pilot of the Gundam Sandrock is not up to full strength," the youth replied.

Cheriko smiled. "Excellent. Take half our forces and concentrate on that Gundam. The rest will serve as a distraction."

"Yes Commander."

The vidscreen switched off and Cheriko gave a bold grin, taking the controls with more confidence then she had a few seconds ago.

"Just you wait you bastards. We've got you fuckers now," she muttered to herself.

Duo watched as Wing Zero's beam saber ripped through a group of Aries and whistled, amazed. He has seen Zero in action many times before but never was the mobile suit so brutally employed. Heero certainly wasn't pulling his punches tonight, not that Duo could blame him. There were far more OZ troops swarming over the hills then there were during the last fight and that was supposed to be an ambush. Silently, he cursed Relena once more for leading OZ right to them. They had obviously prepared well for this battle and the gundam pilots were at a disadvantage now that Quatre's distorted link with Heero was making him weaker and Trowa was off taking the princess to a safe place.

"Shit. There's way too many of them!" Duo growled, slicing again and again through the liquefied metal of one suit only to turn around and find another just waiting to take its place. A quick blast from Deathscythe's vulcan gun bought him some time while he looked around in the melee for Quatre.

He found the blond Arabian working his way through a thick patch of Leos, using the twin sickle heat shotels to eliminate his enemies. However, Sandrock's motions were sluggish and the gundam was quickly becoming overwhelmed by the assault.

Dodging the blast of a beam rifle from the persistent Leo on his tail, Duo enabled his hyper jammers in the hopes that he could get close enough to Quatre to help him out. Duo sent a quick message to Wufei telling him to keep an eye on Heero and then rushed over to where Sandrock was fighting. In a fluid move, Duo cut through the suits that were pressing in on Quatre's side, effectively allowing the boy to maneuver his gundam away from the OZ troops.

"Look out!"

Wufei's voice cut across the communicator just as a blast cut in-between Quatre and Duo, effectively wiping out the Leos that had stood there only a second before. Barely able to leap out of the way before the blast hit, Duo looked around for the source. Wing Zero stood before them; its twin buster rifle still pointed at the now smoking depression in the ground.

'Oh my God…'

"Heero? Do you realize what you just did?! You could have killed us for God's sake!!" Duo snapped, realizing just how close he'd actually come…

Heero's voice, cold and clinical crackled across the airwaves.

"I will destroy all enemies. I will complete my mission. Anyone who stand in my way is my enemy."

"Oh Heero…"Quatre whispered. "I know you're in there somewhere. Please come back to us."

"I don't know what you are talking about," Heero replied, now pointing the rifle at Sandrock. "But you are in my way. I will kill you."

"Heero NO!" Duo cried, flying over to knock Wing Zero off balance so that the shot went wide, nearly taking out Wufei who was hovering overhead.

Gasping, the Chinese pilot landed beside Quatre, extending his dragon fang in ready defense.

"What the HELL is going on here?" he demanded wildly, watching as Duo struggled to hold Heero were he was. Through the commlink Duo's frantic cursing and Quatre's harsh breathing could be heard. From Heero, there was nothing but cold silence. And for the first time, Wufei feared death.

"NO! LAOS!!"

Commander Cheriko's furious scream echoed in the cockpit as her second-in-command was blown away under the assault of Wing Zero's buster rifle. She gritted her teeth and held back her tears of anger, struggling to regroup the rest of her troops, now numbering only twenty. It was not nearly enough suits to put up any sort of fight. They would have to retreat.

"Damn it, DAMN it," she hissed, hating the thought of explaining to Treize-sama that her team could not manage to capture even one gundam. But before she could give the order to retreat her speakers crackled to life once more.

"Commander! It's impossible but…it looks like the Gundams are fighting amongst themselves!!"

"What?"

She quickly turned to the scanners and watched with amazement as the Wing Zero Gundam pointed its rifle at the Sandrock Gundam.

"My God…" she whispered.

'I don't know what's going on, but me might still have a chance to win this battle for Trieze-sama!'

"Keep out of the way! If they really are fighting, we don't want to accidentally come between them. We'll wait until the dust clears and then make our move," she ordered.

"Yes Commander!"

The OZ Commander maneuvered her Leo off to the side, keeping an eye on the tense scene in the distance. Waiting for the reassuring voice of her second-in-command, and knowing she would never again hear it, Cheriko's hands tightened into fists.

'For Laos' sake…I hope you all kill each other, motherfuckers!'

"Heero! What are you doing? HEERO!"

Duo cried out as one of Zero's hands pushed Deathscythe to the ground. Duo's harness pulled violently and it didn't keep him from smashing his body against the front panel. Holding back a pained groan, Duo tired desperately to right his Gundam, but Zero's shielded arm was now pining him to the ground.

"Heero…" Duo winced as he tasted blood in his mouth. Disbelief coloured his voice. How could Heero do this to him?

'Not Heero this isn't Heero it can't be it just can't I KNOW that my Heero couldn't do this to me he's not in control that's what Quatre said so this can't be Heero but where IS Heero if he's not there-'

"DUO! Are you okay?!"

The braided boy's rambling thoughts were cut off as Quatre's voice, distorted by static, came through on his communicator. He wanted to answer but the pressure being exerted on Deathscythe's armor was quickly becoming more then he could handle. At this rate, he'd be a goner before he could even reach the controls.

"This can NOT be happening," he mumbled, trying to clear the fogginess from his head. He could hear Quatre's voice getting more and more frantic.

"Heero please! Come back to us!"

"Yuy, what do you think you are doing?! Release Maxwell this instant or else-"

Wing's head moved slowly to the side, its eerie green eyes lighting up like a demon's.

"You'll do what?" the pilot said, his voice conveying no emotion. "I already told you. I am not Heero Yuy. I am the Perfect Soldier. This one tried to distract me from my mission. He is no ally of mine. I will eliminate all that interferes with the mission."

'Heero…what's wrong with you?'

Duo felt tears prick his eyes even as the edges of his vision faded. The pressure was too much now. He would die by Heero's hands, just like he always knew he would.

'I'm sorry Heero. I not going to be able to keep my promise…'

Duo reached for the cross at his throat, gripping the cool silver in his hand.

"Father…Sister…I guess I'll be seeing you sooner then I expected."

"HEERO!" Quatre's voice cut across the field, shrill and demanding. Realizing that he would never be able to get through to the Perfect Soldier, he reached out with his mind, searching for the Heero he knew, pushing past the mental blocks that protected the boy's mind from exploitation. The merging hurt like nothing he'd ever felt before and he screamed with the pain, not noticing that the Wing pilot had screamed out in unison with him.

/Heero…where are you?/

/…tre? Is that you?/

/You've got to come back! You have to regain control, Heero/

/…can't. I can't go back. It hurts so much Quatre…/

//GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT//

/Heero please! Duo's dying! He's DYING!/

/…uo? No, he can't be dying. Shinigami can't die…/

//GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT//

/HEERO. You're killing him! You're KILLING DUO!!/

/…I am…no, not Duo…/

//GET HIM OUT OF OUR HEAD//

/Heero…Heero please…just come back to us…/

/It hurts…/

/I know. Please try./

/how?/

/Think about where you are. Try to pull yourself back into control of your body. Please hurry Heero. Duo doesn't have that much longer./

Heero felt the white emptiness that surrounded him and he pushed at it, fighting against the pain that gnawed at his senses. The Perfect Soldier did NOT want to relinquish control so quickly. Heero struggled to keep hold of himself as his mind was battered with oppressive thoughts not his own.

//THE MISSION. YOU MUST ALWAYS THINK OF THE MISSION. LET ME HANDLE THIS. THEY WILL ONLY HURT YOU MORE IF YOU COME TO THEM NOW//

/Maybe…but I can't let Duo die. Not when I can prevent it/

With a final burst of pain, Heero was suddenly in control of his body again. He floundered for a bit, the shock of coming back a bit too much to handle at the moment. The insistent cries of Quatre finally caused him to look at what he was doing.

"Duo!"

Heero quickly released the pressure on Deathscythe's cockpit, his Gundam staggering back a few paces in his horror at what he had nearly accomplished.

Duo's weak coughs assured the rest that the pilot was still alive, but that wasn't much comfort to the boy inside the Wing Zero.

"Heero…" Duo croaked, trying to reassure his boyfriend that he was okay.

"Have you gone insane Yuy?" Wufei demanded, coming to stand protectively over the fallen Deathscythe.

"Maybe…" Heero's voice was tinged with horror, his hands shaking as he pulled them from the controls.

'I almost killed Duo. I almost KILLED Duo. My God…I almost killed the one that I…Oh God!'

With an anguished cry, Heero launched himself away from the other pilots, ignoring Quatre's calls for him to stop. Once he was a suitable distance away, he pulled out the self-detonation device, looking at its deceptively innocent looking form.

'Duo…I'm so sorry. He was right. I am a monster. Please forgive me…'

With one last look towards his fallen teammate, Heero moved his thumb over the button…and pressed down.

"HEERO!!"

'Goodbye.'

To Be Continued…

Duo: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?!!

Heero: So now you're killing me as well? Don't tell me this is a deathfic!!

Matteo: But you never do those.

Angry mob: RAAAAAARGH!!! ::leap on Cherry::

Cherry Blossom: Ow! Get off! I can explain really! It's not as bad as it looks I swear!!!

Melpomene: Heh heh heh…

Cherry Blossom: This is all her fault!! Beat her up!!

Angry mob: ::turn to Mel::

Melpomene: Uh…gottagobye!! ::runs away::

Matteo: Chicken!

Melpomene: ::from far away:: Bite me!

Cherry Blossom: X . X heeeelp meeee…

Heero: Hn.

Duo: Guess it's up to me to do the important stuff. Review everybody! And don't forget to tell Cherry how much you love her cliffhanger!!

Cherry Blossom: I'm going to kill you, Duo.

Heero: You can't. I've got dibs.

Duo: Aw…