Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Pain of Life ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: I mean come on people. How many times do I have to repeat it for you to know I own nothing?!

Ratings: R and more R and maybe later something higher.

Pairings: 1+2 recognition. Not sure about the rest, but we shall wait and see.

Author's Note: Well I'd like to start by saying thanks to Macarena, Crystal, and Amyeyl for their reviews. And goddess of insanity and pauru for not only her review but her help with the title! I'm forever in their debt.....well not forever...maybe just for a week or so. And don't worry Amyeyl, Heero will show up. Read and like people. (Oh yeah. Years passed yet again. Fei will now be fifteen and Duo's twenty one. Sorry about the time skip but I'm a type lazy author.)

Jim: Type lazy?

C-Chan2: Who asked you?! And why are you here?!

Jim: To see exactly how far you get before you fail and then laugh at your misfortune.

C-Chan2: *glaring* Leave. Now.

Jim: I can't. I'm stuck here by ball and chain. Remember?

C-Chan2: Damn. Well people ignore this idiot and read the story. I hope you enjoy it.

Jim: Flame her. She deserves it.

C-Chan2: SHUT UP! Don't listen to him people. I don't want no flames.

Jim: God your english is horrible.

C-Chan2: SHUT UP JIM!

------------------------------

"Chang Wufei!"

Jumping up from his sleep, Wufei sat straight up in his seat, ignoring the giggles and snickers of his fellow classmates. The teacher stood with her arms crossed, foot impatiently tapping against the floor.

"What is it?", he asked, stifling the urge to yawn.

"You have to report to the Guidance Counselor's office.", the teacher told him, annoyance and frustration in her voice.

Hearing even more whispered giggles, he sighed standing up. He hated his visits with the school shrink. Grabbing his stuff, he walked out the classroom, making his way down the empty hallway to the dreaded office. As he passed the nurse's office he wondered if he could fake sickness to go home. However the fact being that he came to school to get away from home, he quickly got rid of the idea and continued down the hall. Once he reached the office he opened the door, meeting the bored gaze of the guidance counselor.

"You wanted to see me?", he asked still standing in the doorway.

The man nodded before sitting straight up in his chair.

"Please.", he told Wufei pointing at the chair on the other said of the desk, "Sit."

Walking in and closing the door behind him, Wufei dropped himself into the chair, staring at the man who sat pretending to look over the ebony-eyed boy's files. That continued on for a good two minutes as Wufei slowly grew impatient.

"Was there a purpose of me coming here?", Wufei asked, fighting to hold back a glare, "Because I was in the middle of a class in case you hadn't notice."

Looking up from the files, the man cleared his throat.

"Wufei I've been looking over your files."

"I've noticed.", the now aggravated boy said with annoyance.

"I don't know why, but your grades have dropped very badly."

Sighing, Wufei leaned back into the chair. He knew where this was going. Folding his hands, the man leaned forward against the desk, eyes gazing right at Wufei's. It was coming. The same question he got from every guidance counselor he'd ever been to since he was five.

"Are there problems at home?"

And there it was. Chuckling to himself, Wufei stood up from his seat.

"I'm sorry sir but I don't have time for you to reach out and help me okay.", he said making his way to the door, "And I really don't need you trying to probe me until you find something to make your job a little more interesting. Good bye and have a nice day."

Standing up the man moved from behind his desk.

"Wufei, don't leave!", he cried making the boy stop before he could walk out, "I really do want to help you. If you have something wrong at home you have to tell me so I can help."

Turning back to the guidance counselor, Wufei stared at the man with emotionless eyes and an impassive face.

"You can't help me Mr. Johnson. Sorry to burst your bubble. If you'll excuse me, I was in class when you decided to pull me from it."

He turned and walked out of the office, leaving the door open and the guidance counselor sighing in defeat. Dragging his way back to the classroom, Wufei sighed in relief as the bell rang, turning down a corner to get to his locker. Luckily for him, it was his lunch period, telling him that after his next class of boring chemistry, he'd be able to leave the hell hole of a school. Yet it also reminded him that he'd have to return to a worse hell hole he called home. Groaning to himself, Wufei stopped in front of his locker, slowly opening the combination lock. Once his locker was open, he grabbed his chemistry book before slamming the locker closed and locking it. He was about to make his way to the cafeteria when he and was met by a face he came across everyday.

"What did Mr. Johnson want this time?”

Looking up into blue eyes Wufei sighed.

"Well?", the person pushed, walking besides him, "What did he want?"

"A blow job.", Wufei told them, making her stop in shock.

"I'm serious.", she scolded, Wufei smirking.

"So am I."

His friend crossed her arms, her glare making Wufei shake his head with an annoyed sigh.

"I don't have time for your half-assed joke, Wufei."

Smirking he turned to walk again, his friend following beside him.

"If you must know Sally, he wanted to inform me about my grades. As if I don't know how badly I'm doing."

Upon entering the cafeteria the two sat at their usual table, Sally glaring at the ebony haired boy in front of her. Since the fifth grade he hadn't gotten his usual haircuts, leaving him the option of letting it grow. Hating for it to grow too long, he kept it at shoulder length but in a usual tight ponytail. Today it seemed as if he didn't care for the hairstyle as his black locks fell on either side of his face.


"Wufei, don't tell me your failing classes again.", Sally said in an angered tone, Wufei shrugging.

"Then I won't tell you."

"Wufei this is serious.", she said her face now softening from it's look of anger, "Don't you even care if you pass high school? I mean it's surprising enough you got into it."

Looking up at the girl across from him he scoffed.

"I don't see why you're so worried Miss straight A's. It's not like it's affecting you."

Growling in frustration, Sally's anger appeared again.

"Wufei how many times am I going to tell you this?", she asked watching as her friend lowered his head to the table, "It doesn't matter if it's not affecting me. You're my friend. I care. Why is it so hard for you to understand that?!"

Raising his head to look at her, Wufei raised an eyebrow.

"You really aren't going to get off my case are you?", he asked sitting up completely.

Shaking her head, Sally gave him a pleading look, making him sigh in defeat.

"Fine. Just to get you off my back, I'll try and maintain a reasonable grade."

Smiling in triumph, Sally stood grabbing Wufei's hand.

"Good. Now lets go get lunch before everyone else gets it all."

"You women, if you're not nagging the hell out of us your stuffing food down our throats."

Rolling her eyes at him, Sally continued to pull her friend over to the food line, heading straight to the desserts.

"What ever happened to the actual lunch?", Wufei asked as he looked over the desserts that were set out.

"Did you see what the hell they were displaying as food?", Sally asked in a disgusted voice, "I'd rather eat my dad's cooking than put that stuff into my mouth. Besides, the desserts are the only thing edible in this school."

Picking up a plate that held a slice of Boston cream pie, Wufei handed it to Sally.

"I think I agree with you, but I'll pass. You can have mine.", he offered, Sally's nose wrinkling in distaste.

"No way, you can eat your own piece. I think I'd like to stay the weight I am now."

Wufei scoffed as he took it back, leading the way back to the table. He began to eat his "lunch" as soon as he sat down. The two kept quiet, silently eating the desserts in front of them. The silence stayed until Sally decided that it was a very uncomfortable silence. Looking up at her friend who had stopped eating the pie halfway through it, she cleared her throat. Wufei caught Sally staring at him with a worried look in her eyes. He hoped she'd just leave him alone and not ask questions. He was not in the mood for answering them. But the determined look that accompanied her worry confirmed the fact that her questioning couldn't be avoided.

"What is it?", he asked taking another bite of the now cold dessert in front of him.

"I just want to know why your grades are dropping?", she asked playing with the remains of her own dessert, "I mean is it the fact that you need tutoring and you're too proud to ask for help?"

Watching her friend as he stayed quiet she rested down her fork.

"You know if you need help I could come by your house and...."

"No!", Wufei cried head snapping up to look at her, "You can never come to my house."

"What? Why not?", Sally asked in confusion.

"You just can't!", Wufei growled glaring back at her, "End of story."

Backing down Sally lowered her gaze to her unfinished fruit salad.

"Okay, I got it. Forget I even suggested it."

Returning back to playing with his food, Wufei sighed before pushing it to the side.

"I could use the tutoring though."

Smiling up at him Sally stood as the bell rang.

"We could meet at the library on weekends or after school.", she said grabbing up her books, "Whatever works for you."

Wufei grabbed up his own things, standing from the table as well.

"Weekends work the best. I'll see you this weekend to be exact."

Nodding, Sally waved before going her separate way. Walking out of the cafeteria, Wufei made his way to his next class, which was chemistry. Yawning at just the thought of it, he purposely slowed his pace. He was in no rush to get to that class.

------------------------------

His eyes focused on the clock for the hundredth time during the period and Wufei groaned as he did. He didn't think he could spend any longer in this class. He knew there was only a minute left but in this particular class it seemed like an entire hour. Forcing himself to stay awake and listen as the teacher explained some chemical and it's formula, he nearly jumped up in haste as the bell rung, signaling the end of the day. Quickly walking out of the classroom, he rushed through the crowded halls, making his way outside of the school. Catching site of Sally, he ran towards her before the two boarded the school bus together. The ride home was fine up until his stop, which he nearly didn't get off at. Saying good bye to his friend and confirming their plans of the weekend, he made his way off the bus, watching when it drove off, wishing he could have went with it.

He rounded the corner and his house coming in site. The site of it made his skin crawl and noting that Heero's car was parked right in front of it made him grow sick inside of his stomach. Shaking everything off, he made his way towards his house. Seeing that his brother and his friend weren't sitting on the porch steps like they usually were, he sighed in relief, making his way inside of the house. His keys were dropped on to the side table and he was soon making his way upstairs. Passing by his brother's room, he was stopped by Duo's voice and he turned back to answer his brother's call.

"Why are you home so early?", Duo asked , not even bothering to look up at Wufei as the boy stopped in front of his doorway.

"It's three thirty. School finished a half an hour ago.", Wufei told him, watching as his brother laid on his bed, looking through a porn magazine.

Violet eyes pulled away from the magazine to rest on his younger sibling.

"Don't get your fucking attitude with he growled, throwing the magazine onto the floor as he lost interest in it.

Looking down at it, Wufei turned away from the sight of the teenaged boy in an erotic display, feeling his cheeks flush with embarrassment. He knew of his brother's interest in men and didn't really care. He had found out that he preferred the same sex himself, but he still wasn't exactly comfortable with the fact.

"You can leave now.", Duo said standing and making his way over to his radio, "And close the door while your at it."

Glimpsing up, Wufei's eyes met Heero's, a feeling of uneasiness washing over him. He felt something in Heero's stares that made every nerve in his body stand on end, and it wasn't a feeling that he liked. He broke the staring contest by turning to leave the room, closing the door completely and heading towards his room. Lying back onto his bed, he closed his eyes taking in deep breaths, trying to get himself back in order. With his shoes removed, his shirt followed, leaving him in the white wife beater he wore underneath it. His English book was soon in his hands and he took his place back on his bed, opening up to the page he had left off. From the sound of the music reverberating from Duos' room, anyone could have told what the point of the music was for. And Wufei for one was happy that Duo had decided to block out the sound of his pleasurable activities. He did not need to hear anything that went on his brother's room and he didn't want to. Quickly diverting his attention to his book, he lost himself in the somewhat interesting story of Shakespeare's, A Midsummer's Night Dream.

------------------------------

Half an hour later, Wufei stopped reading as the music in Duo's room was turned off. Heero's voice was soon heard after the door to the bedroom could be heard opening. As much as he liked to hear what the two were saying, he ignored it completely, turning to read his book again. And although he didn't want to leave the sanctuary of his room, his growling stomach made him rise from his bed and exit his room towards the kitchen. To his luck when he reached, Heero was there sitting at the table shirtless, proving Wufei's hypothesis of what had happened in Duo's room moments earlier. He avoided eye contact as he headed for the fridge, quickly opening it in search of something to ease the hunger in his stomach. A shiver went down his spine as he felt eyes on him and he knew exactly whose they were. Taking out a Hershey Bar, Wufei closed the fridge turning around, catching site of Heero's eyes scanning over his body. Before alarm could begin to take hold of him he forced himself calm down.

"Yes?", he asked, causing Heero to look up with a smirk, "Something wrong with what I'm wearing or what?"

"Nice jeans.", Heero said returning to his coffee, smirk on his face, "They fit you well."

Looking back at Wufei, he gave a lecherous smile that made the boy nervous.

"Very well."

His heart now racing, Wufei took to leaving the kitchen but as he reached the doorway his brother's body stopped him from going any further.

"Where are you going?", he asked looking down at the boy who now was breathing heavily.

Looking back at Heero, whose attention went back to his coffee, he merely shook his head not sure what to tell him.

"I was going back to my room, but I can't do that if you're standing in the doorway."

He grunted as Duo took hold of his shirt, dragging him closer so that violet eyes burned down at him and Wufei was barely standing on his own.

"What the fuck did I tell you about speaking to me in that tone?"

Knowing what was bound to happen if he glared; Wufei stopped himself from doing so.

"I'm sorry.", he said in a low voice, "Can you please move out of the way so that I can leave?"

Duo let go, roughly pushing him toward the doorway.

"Get the fuck out of here. You make me sick."

Glaring at his brother's turned back, Wufei turned and quickly left as he caught Heero's gaze on him again.

Within the safety of his room Wufei closed the door shut, leaning his back against it as he tried to get rid himself of the feeling Heero had made come over him. He had never liked the boy, something about him just made him feel weird; almost dirty. Shaking it off, he walked over to his answering machine that was blinking. There were two messages and he already knew that one was from Sally while the other had to be his father. Pressing the play button, he sat on his bed to stop and listen.

"Hey Wufei, it's me. Change of plans. My dad's decided we need more family time and he's dragging us all the way to for a family gathering. So your tutor session has to be postponed for next weekend. I hope that's okay with you. Well gotta go. Call me if you can."

Hearing the end of the message, Wufei stood walking over to his closet. He was in real need of a shower and he needed it now. Grabbing a towel from the top shelf of his closet, he closed the door, turning back to the answering machine as it started playing the next message. All he heard from it was jazz music in the back and his father's slurred drunken talking. And from that, all he could understand was that his father expected dinner when he came home. Not even trying to make out the rest of his father's message, he stopped and deleted it, making his way towards the bathroom.

"How the fuck can you drink that?", Duo asked his friend, as he sat across from him and pointed to the mug of coffee, "It taste like shit."

"And you would know what shit taste like?", Heero asked looking up to watch his friend.

"It's just a saying."

"Right."

Grimacing as his friend took another drink from the mug, Duo pulled out a joint from his pocket.

"Heero, light this for me." Heero complied, taking the joint from Duo's hand and lighting it. He ignored the objection as he took a drag from it.

"What the fuck?!", Duo cried grabbing out, "I said fucking light it, not smoke it!"

Moving back when Duo reached out, Heero smirked.

"You're gonna die from this shit.", Heero told him handing it back.

Snatching the joint back, Duo took a draw from it as he glared up at the Japanese man in front of him.

"You smoke it yourself, asshole.", he stung back, ignoring the 'fuck you' he got in return.

"I should get out of here.", Heero said standing, "Think you can lend me some cash?"

"Fuck no.", the braided man told him, continuing to smoke his marijuana, "I'm tired of giving you my money."

Pulling on his shirt, Heero turned to his friend.

"I just want twenty dollars for gas money.", he argued, Duo shrugging.

"Get a fucking job.", Duo snapped, the chocolate-haired man now annoyed.

"Just give me the fucking money!", he yelled, his patience having thinned.

Turning his back to Heero, Duo threw a crumpled twenty on the table. Picking up the abused money, Heero murmured his thanks.

"Just go."

"I'll be back tomorrow.", Heero told him walking out of the kitchen.

"I don't care!", was the respond he got.

He merely rolled his eyes at Duo's childish behavior before he was walking out of the door and down the walkway to his car. At that moment Wufei chose to come down the stairs, hair still wet from his shower. Walking into the kitchen, he met his brother walking back and forth, joint in hand. He truly had no decency or shame. He carefully slipped past his brother who merely glared at him. He made his way to the fridge, pulling out things he needed to make his father's 'expected dinner'. He went over to the kitchen counter, taking out a cutting board and knife to help the process. Duo continued pacing back and forth, his mind worried about something or the other, when he noticed his brother over by the counter. He didn't know why but his brother with his back turned to him made him angry. His hair was out and he was dressed in a traditional Chinese suit that he had gotten from his father for Christmas. That one memory also bought up feeling of loathe.

Looking Wufei up and down, Duo noticed that the boy, (although he himself only ranging to around 5'7), was short and looked oddly feminine. He reminded him of someone....but who? The knife Wufei was using fell to the kitchen floor and the Chinese boy stopped to kneel on the ground for a moment, tucking his hair behind his ears and murmuring something in Chinese. He looked just like....

"The bitch.", Duo finished for his thoughts.

He had hated Wufei's mother since the day he heard his parents arguing about her, and had rejoiced the day she committed suicide. But he guessed that she'd come back to haunt him because at this exact moment, Wufei looked like he could be her. He hated that particular fact very much and his anger flared as he stared at his brother who know returned to his task. He need to take his anger out on something and he looked at poor Wufei; his victim.

T.B.C.

Well there's chapter three.....long chapter three at that. I hope you review and I really want you to review. Please no flames if you didn't like it. . .I did have a warning page for you to read.