Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Pain of Life ❯ Chapter 14

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Disclaimer: No matter how much I want to, I will never own Gundam Wing. However, *points at her wall* I do own this cool poster with all the guys on it and that satisfies me. . . for now.

Rating: I'd say it'll range between PG-13 and R.

Pairings: 1x5 Okay, I'm just kidding. It's 3x5, 1x2, ?/4. . . I don't know where I'm going with this either.

Author's Note: Thanks for the reviews people. It helped boost my spirits to continue writing. I know how you feel, too. I'd go crazy if I don't finish it before I leave. Yes, well I'll continue this at the end of this chapter.

------------------------------

The rest of the weekend passed rather quickly for Wufei, and it left him even more confused than before. Although it was made for Wufei to stay with Quatre, he had to spend the remainder of the three day weekend in a group home, until Quatre had gotten everything ready for him. After the weekend he was back in school and it was set that he would go back to his house afterwards to pack everything he wanted. For now he was in the process of trying to get Trowa to agree with helping him.

"Trowa, please.", Wufei begged, leaning against the neighboring locker.

The green-eyed boy only ignored him, opening his locker and trading in the books he no longer needed with the ones that he would use for the last three periods of the day.

"Trowa, why are you torturing me like this?", Wufei asked, closing the locker before Trowa could pretend to reach for something else.

Finally turning to Wufei, Trowa shrugged, leaning against the lockers himself.

"It's fun.", he admitted, smiling at Wufei, "And I like it when you pout."

Wufei scoffed and glared at his boyfriend before he turned to walk away.

"No wait, don't get mad at me just yet.", Trowa told him, stopping him before he could leave, "What is it that you want me to do, again?"

"I told you about what happened this weekend after you left, right?"

"Uh huh. And?"

"I'm moving out.", Wufei announced.

"Where are you going to stay?", Trowa asked, Wufei shrugging.

"I don't know.", the Chinese boy lied, "With some guy."

"You mean like a straight guy who's way too old for you in the event that he's thinking about-"

"Trowa, calm down.", Wufei said with a laugh, "It's with. . . a teacher. And don't make fun of me for it."

"I won't.", Trowa promised.

"Good. I need you to help me take my things over to his place.", Wufei explained.

"I don't know.", Trowa said with a smirk, "It's not like anything's in it for me."

Wufei leaned forward, knowing exactly what Trowa was circling around, and let his lips touch shortly with the taller teen's.

"And if you don't help me.", Wufei told him seductively, "You'll never know what might have been in it for you."

Trowa swore under his breath as a shiver made its way down his spine. Wufei really knew how to get him to do anything he wanted.

"Alright, I'll help.", he finally gave in, "Happy?"

"Very.", Wufei said, giving him another kiss, "I'll see you after school, I have to go see that teacher now."

Trowa watched as his boyfriend made his way down the hallway, before turning back to his locker, the boy beside him looking at him in wide-eyed disbelief.

"What, never seen two guys kissing before?", he asked, the boy only blinking, "And if you want to keep those eyes of yours, I suggest you turn away."

He smirked as the boy quickly turned away, slamming the locker shut and stumbling off.

------------------------------

"Yes, I do know that I should have discussed. . .but I. . . he just. . . I had to take him in!"

Quatre sighed as he continued to listen to the person on the other end of the phone. He had been trying to get his lover to cave in, but so far he had barely cracked the shell. This was harder then he thought it would be. He saw the door to his office open and his mood brightened as Wufei walked through it. He motioned Wufei to take a seat before he stood from his chair, still listening to his lover talk.

"I know we said that one was enough, but you also promised me that if I ever wanted to take in another child you'd let me. You can't go back on your word now."

Wufei's eyebrows knotted in confusion as he followed the pacing man with his eyes. Obviously the man was discussing him. However the question was, with whom? Most likely his wife, if he was married. The wedding ring on his finger told him that he was. Obviously, from the way things were going, there was a bit of a disagreement going on. Hopefully, things would turn out alright.

"And what about Nalini?", Quatre asked the person on the other line, "You did promise her another big brother. You can't let her down."

Wufei felt a tense moment go by, but it faded as Quatre smiled triumphantly at him.

"I knew you'd see things my way. I have to go. I hope everything works out with that deal of yours. I miss you."

Wufei raised an eyebrow as he saw Quatre blush. The man whispered a goodbye before he hung up the phone, turning to Wufei afterwards.

"Hello, Wufei.", he greeted, "As you probably know, I just got confirmation that you will definitely will be staying with me."

Wufei only shrugged, and Quatre walked over to him, examining the fading bruise on his face. It made Quatre's thoughts wander to Duo. Who, from what Noin had informed him, was now staying in a rehabilitation center as promised. What he also learned was that Duo was assigned a psychiatrist, however things weren't going too well. It'll probably be awhile until things would ever be well. Quatre's attention turned back to Wufei and he smiled down at the boy, leaning back against the front of his desk.

"I'm glad that you agreed to stay with me.", Quatre said after a short moment of silence, "My apartment won't be much, but we'll be more than happy to have you."

"We?", Wufei asked out of curiousity.

"My family and I.", Quatre explained, "You'll meet them later on. I suggest you get to class, I'll see you at home."

Wufei only nodded before rising from the chair. He gave Quatre a low goodbye before making his way to the door. He had really hoped this little meeting of their's would have lasted the rest of the school day. He did not want to go to class. As he reached the door, he stopped, turning back to Quatre.

"I. . . uh. . . I was just wondering.", he started hesitantly, "There wouldn't happen to be anything that you need to fill me in on?"

"No.", Quatre answered with a shrug, "Not that I can think of."

"Really?", Wufei pushed, "No rules or anything like that? I mean like, can I stay out late? Do you mind if I bring a friend over once in a while? Is it-"

"Wufei, you could have just asked to stay here if you don't want to go back to class.", Quatre told him with an amused smirk, "That is what you want, right?"

Wufei nodded with a nervous laugh.

"Okay. While you're here, you can tell me about this 'friend' of yours."

As Wufei stared up to look Quatre in the eye, he found that the blond man gave him a knowing look. If it would keep him from classes, then he and Quatre could converse on whatever topic the man brought up.

------------------------------

"Hey Wufei, what is this?"

Wufei looked up from a duffel bag, where he was packing away whatever books he had, to Trowa who had found the corner he kept the small shrine for his mother. He stood from where he was kneeling to walk over, his eyes looking down at the shrine with a small smile.

"It's a shrine.", he explained, "I built it for my mother."

"She was pretty.", Trowa told him as his eyes caught sight of a picture of her, "That must be where you get your looks."

"Must be.", was all Wufei said with a shrug.

"Are you taking it with you?", Trowa asked, wrapping his arms around the boy.

Wufei only shrugged again to answer the question. He could take it, but he didn't exactly know if Quatre would have room for it. If anything, he was sure he could return for it.

"So, are you packed and ready to go?", Trowa asked, looking back to the two suitcases and the one duffel behind them.

"Yeah, the house is starting to feel haunted now that it's empty. Besides, I don't want to make your mother worried by keeping you out too late."

"I don't know if you were serious with that last statement or just picking at my nerves."

Wufei only gave the banged boy a smile, before he threw his duffel bag over his shoulder, and beagn to drag a suitcase out of the room. Trowa only sighed and followed after the Chinese boy he called his lover, with the other suticase in tote.

------------------------------

Noin made her way down the hallway, her eyes glancing down at her wristwatch for the time. She was in the middle of a meeting when they had called her to the rehabilitation center. Supposedly, it was an emergency. She didn't ask them what the emergency was, she would find out when she reached wherever she was headed. A crash made its way to her ears and as she rounded a corner, she saw a middle-aged woman running out of the room that she had visited frequently for the past three days. She stopped the nurse, who seemed to be rushing off for help, and decided to question her for the information she wanted.

"What now?", she asked, knowing the woman knew what she meant.

"He's gone crazy!", the nurse exclaimed, pulling away from Noin's hold, "He won't let anyone near him, he's out of control!"

As she looked down the hall to the door the woman had just ran from, Noin listened as more crashes were made.

"Get me an aid strong enough to hold him down.", she ordered, making her way to the room, "And I suggest you get them quickly."

Her pace slowed down as she reached the door that was still wide open, and she wasn't the least bit surprised when she saw an object fly out of the room. She peeked in to find Duo now balled up in the corner of the room, chestnut locks opened from its braid. She had a feeling that something like this would happen. Although Duo tried to silence them, she could hear the sobs and she watched as his body trembled and jerked in pain. He was having withdrawal symptoms. She was tapped on the shoulder by an aid, who looked strong enough to hold him down as she suggested. However, she only requested him in the event that Duo got out of hand. Well, more out of hand then he already was.

"Do not enter the room unless I ask you to.", she told him as she started in.

Duo, now trying his best to curl up even more, heard the clicking of heels on the floor and he looked up to find Noin walking over to him. What the fuck did she want? It was bad enough that she had put him in this position. If he wasn't in this hell hole, he'd have some drugs in him right now. He wouldn't have to be going through this torture.

"Don't come any closer!", he cried, Noin stopping in her place, "Just stay the fuck away from me!"

"Duo-"

"No, just shut up!", he interrupted, "You stupid bitch! This is all your fault! Just stay the fuck away from me!"

"Duo-"

She was cut off again as Duo gave a cry of frustration and annoyance. She saw him search for something to throw, glad that there wasn't anything near him. The aid shifted behind her and she looked back to him shaking her head. He wasn't needed, at least not right now. Taking her time, Noin drew closer to Duo, whose eyes were clenched shut in pain, all the while trying to figure out what exactly she could do. They had called her as if she was the answer to their problem. She was merely an agent. If he needed a doctor, why didn't they get him one? Duo's sob brought her from her musing, and she knelt down cautiously beside him. Her hand went to touch his shoulder, but she thought against it. She was already too close as it was. Who knew how he might react to contact?

"God, it hurts.", Duo whimpered, starting to rock back and forth.

"I know it hurts.", Noin told him, "It's going to hurt for a while, until everything's out of your system."

"Well if you just give me some fucking drugs it wouldn't hurt so fucking much!", Duo yelled, glaring up at her, "You're the one that's putting me through this! All I want is some fucking drugs!"

Although Duo went to grab for her, Noin kept still. The aid was sure to walk in before Duo's outburst and now the braided man was struggling to get free of the aid's hold. However, the man wasn't going to let go anytime soon. He looked to Noin for what to do, but she didn't know what to do herself. Duo was suffering; physically and mentally. Noin could do very little about it. She wasn't a doctor of any source and she was sure that Quatre wasn't yet ready to deal with Duo just yet. She was quite sure he wouldn't want to have anything to do with him either.

"Duo, I'm sorry.", she apologized sympathetically, "I don't know what I can do."

"Please, just to anything.", Duo begged helplessly, "Just make it stop, please make it stop."

Sighing, Noin looked up at the aid.

"Do you have tranquilizers here?", she asked him, "Something that can help the patients sleep?"

The guy nodded, and Noin stood from where she knelt to walk out of the room in search of a nurse. She stopped one in the hallway, telling her that it was an emergency, in which the woman agreed and went off to get it. A few moments later she returned, a capped syringe in hand. Noin led the woman inside of the room, where Duo was still whimpering in pain, although he was no longer struggling as much to get out of the man's hold. Kneeling with the nurse, Noin turned Duo's eyes to hers, slightly surprised he didn't try to bite her hand away.

"We can't give you what you want, but we can give something else.", she explained, Duo nodding, "However, it's only this once. You won't get it again, I don't need you getting addicted to this as well."

The nurse waited for Noin's signal, before she uncapped the needle. She quickly debated that although Duo wasn't moving as much, it would be better to give him a shot somewhere beside his arm. With one hand, she exposed the flesh of Duo's hip before piercing the skin with the needle. It took a while, but soon Duo had stopped moving completely, his eyes beginning to slide shut. Thanking the nurse before she left the room, Noin turned back to the aid helping him guide Duo to his bed. When he was nestled underneath the sheets, she thanked the man telling him that she had everything under control. He left with only one glance back. Noin watched for a few minutes as Duo went on into deep slumber, knowing there had to be someone besides Quatre that could help Duo. Maybe it was time she gave a call to an old friend?

"I won't give up on you, Duo.", she said softly, before leaving the man to sleep.

------------------------------

"I thought he said it was a small building?", Trowa asked as the two stared up at the tall building.

"It is small.", Wufei commented, "For a building in the Upper East Side of Manhattan."

"Shall we go up?", Trowa asked, starting for the door.

Wufei followed behind him, smiling to the doorman who gave him a greeting. His eyes traveled over the elaborate design of the lobby instead of watching where he was going and he nearly walked into Trowa. If this was just the lobby, what was the apartment like?

------------------------------

"Someone's at the door!", a voice called out from a teenaged boy sitting on the sofa.

He was enraptured at the moment with an article in a Sports Illustrated magazine, and he groaned in annoyance as the door was buzzed again.

"Dad, the door!", he called out, but got no response.

Sighing he sat up, looking down the hallway in the direction of the kitchen. What the hell was the man doing in there? Didn't he hear the door?

"I said-"

"For Allah's sake! Just get off your lazy butt and get the damn door!", a near annoyed voice called from the kitchen.

The boy growled in annoyance before standing up and starting for the apartment door. Couldn't his father tell he was busy? He reached the intercom before pressing the button and speaking into it.

"Who is it? What do you want?"

He didn't even catch the name that the box squawked back, he only moved to unlock the door. He pulled it open with a look of disinterest, but as he rested eyes on the boy that stood out in the hallway, it took all his willpower for his mouth not to hang open. This guy was drop dead gorgeous. This had to be the boy his father had told him about. It had to be, please say that it was.

"Uh, hi. I'm Wufei.", the newcomer greeted him.

The boy was snapped out of his stupor as he spoke, and he smiled as he tried to say something, but couldn't.

"I'm looking for Quatre.", Wufei continued on nervously, "Is this his apartment?"

The boy was about to respond when he caught as a taller boy stepped behind Wufei, his eyes giving him a message that clearly stated that Wufei was taken; by him. Well at least he knew that the boy wasn't straight. He himself was bi, so it put him at ease to know that Wufei would be comfortable with the fact that he'd be living with someone who liked the same sex. However, it was kind of a disappointment that Wufei wasn't single.

"I'm sorry, I must look like an idiot.", he started with a smile, "My name is Zechs. We've been expecting you."

"It's nice to meet you, Zechs. This is Trowa.", Wufei pointed out, signaling back to the boy who only smiled and nodded in greeting.

Zechs nodded back, before standing to the side.

"Come on in.", he welcomed them.

The two walked in, only to stop in awe. The apartment was huge, and from the stairs they caught site of, there was another floor to it. Zechs, only smiled at their reaction, closing the door behind them. He stopped as he watched Wufei and tried to figure out just why exactly his father had taken in this particular boy. It couldn't be that he was a drug addict, he could tell. Most likely it was the same just like himself; abuse. The boy only had a different story line. At least they both had something to relate to.

"My dad's in the kitchen.", he told them as he started towards them, "He's making dinner for you. It's kind of like a welcome thing. Your boyfriend can stay and join us if you want him to."

"As much as I'd like to stay, I have to return my mother's car back to her.", Trowa said resting the suitcase he held down, "However, I will take you out in celebration sometime."

The last statement was for Wufei and he moved in for a kiss that he was granted, Zechs lowly groaning in disappointment that he wasn't in Trowa's place. Oh well, there'll be others. Besides, he liked chicks too right? There was a large chance he'd find someone for himself.

"It was nice meeting you, Zechs.", Trowa said shaking the boy's hand as he moved away from Wufei, "Look after him for me, just don't look too hard."

Nervously laughing, Zechs nodded in agreement, watching as Trowa left with one last goodbye. As the door closed, Zechs turned back to Wufei who still looked over the apartment in amazement. It was obvious that Wufei had never seen anything like this before. When he himself had moved in, he was already used to this. His parents were wealthy folks themselves. The thought of them brought shivers down his spine and he turned his attention back to Wufei.

"You made it."

Quatre's voice stopped him before he could say anything and he only sighed before dropping back onto the couch and picking up his magazine again. Quatre smiled to Wufei, who returned the favor, before walking to the boy and automatically looking him over. He knew Wufei had been safe all weekend, but he had gotten so used to searching for marks, that it came unintentionally. Satisfied that Wufei was fine, he rested a hand on Wufei's shoulder, not really sure if the boy would accept a hug.

"I'm glad you're here.", he finally said after a moment of silence, "I see you've met Milliardo."

"It's Zechs.", the boy cut in, eyes never leaving the article.

"Ignore him, he changed his name for some unknown reason.", Quatre explained with a shake of his head.

"It sounds cooler.", he put in, looking up at his father.

"To you and you alone.", Quatre commented, ignoring when the boy glared at him.

Wufei smiled in amusement as the two exchanged looks, his eyes traveling to a side table that held pictures. His eyes rested first on one with a little girl on the beach, sunhat on her head, as she smiled cheekily at the camera. He wondered who this was.

"That's my daughter, Nalini.", Quatre answered as if reading his thoughts, "She lives with her mother."

"Oh.", Wufei said, somewhat confused.

He had heard Quatre talking to someone on the phone the other day. If it wasn't his wife, then it who was it? As if answering his own question, his eyes traveled and landed on a picture of Quatre and a man. His guidance counselor was in a suit of white, the other was dressed in a black tuxedo. From the background, he could tell it was a wedding, and from the look of happiness and contentment on the men's faces, it was theirs. He wondered what made Quatre decide to divorce his wife, he was only guessing, and marry another man? It explained why Quatre hadn't really reacted when he told him about Trowa.

"Well, I guess I'll let you get settled in.", Quatre said, turning Wufei's attention back to him, "I'm not quite finished with your room, so you'll be sharing one with Zechs for a while. He'll show you where it is."

"Says who?", Zechs questioned, earning himself a slap to the back of his head, "Fine, no need for violence."

Quatre headed back to the kitchen, and Zechs stood from his place, taking the suitcase Trowa had rested down earlier. He was then leading Wufei to the second floor.

"So Wufei, you like Middle Eastern food?", Zechs questioned, looking back at the ebony-eyed boy that followed him.

"I never tried it.", Wufei admitted, Zechs shrugging.

"Lucky you, that's my dad's specialty. You're in for a treat tonight."

"I can't wait.", Wufei said with a smile.

He was starting to like it here already.

------------------------------

Heero entered the house, expecting to hear Duo yelling at Wufei, or at least thought he would walk into a house that had lights. Everything was dark, and from the eerie silence that greeted him, he knew it was empty. Something had happened, he could sense it. In ten minutes or less, Heero had the entire house lit. Duo's room had been empty. The bed wasn't made, although that came as no surprise to him. Duo never made his bed. He had even went in search of Wufei, but the boy was nowhere to be found. The only thing he could think of, was that he was with that son of bitch that he loathed. He'd let him have his fun with Wufei, Heero knew he'd get the boy for himself soon enough.

He ended his search and thoughts for the ebony-locked teen, making his way back to Duo's room. He hadn't had a very good weekend. He had left to go back to Illinois, to take care of some unfinished business. That didn't go all too well. Now he just needed to lie back and smoke a joint. He would probably masturbate to a vision of Wufei in his head while he was at it. As he made his way to the draw with his usual stash, he pulled it open to find that it was completely empty.

"What the fuck?", Heero asked himself out loud, pulling open another draw.

It only contained clothes owned by Duo, and he sifted through it but found nothing.

He soon was ripping draws out, in search of his precious drugs that he spent so much money on, but no matter how many times he searched through them he found that there was nothing left. Everything was gone. He then started to search the rest of the house, but found that whoever went on a cleaning spree, had been very sure to get into every hiding place he had. Now in the living room, he angrily searched the couch, but came out empty handed. It was gone; everything. Thousands of dollars worth of drugs was now gone.

"Where the fuck is my shit!", Heero growled, still frantically searching.

He finally stopped, convincing himself that if he didn't find anything now, he sure as hell was not going to find it at all. He sat back on the now nearly destroyed couch, head lolling back as he gave a sigh. The blinking of the answering machine caught his attention, and he reached to the side table, pressing the play button.

"Heero.", Duo spoke in a low voice, "It's me. If your ass ever comes home from wherever the fuck you said you had to go, I hope you get this. Wufei squealed and now I'm being held in some fucking rehab place. It's more like a fucking mental ward if you ask me. Look, just come by if you ever get the chance, and I'll understand if you never show up."

There was no goodbye or any sign that Duo was done, just the sound of the phone hanging up; just the machine announcing that it was the end of the message and that there weren't any others. Heero stared up at the ceiling in silence, head gathering everything Duo had told him. So, it was Wufei's fault that every drug he had was no longer in his possession? Maybe Duo was right? Maybe his little cock tease was a troublemaker. However, if Duo was stuck in rehab, where was his brother? Heero shrugged it off as he started his way off to bed. He'd figure it out later on tomorrow. That is, after he payed Duo a visit.

T.B.C.

Oi, I tried. I'm sorry if it stunk. *shrugs* Review before you leave, I'd appreciate it! Ciao! ^_~