Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Paint it Black ❯ Waking up isn't so easy... ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Finally the second part of Paint it Black. Thanks to my roomie for sitting with me and helping me work the small quirks out. I hope you guys like it and thanks to everyone for your reviews, I just hope I continue to please. This chapter is starts off a little weird but I wanted to show how Duo was feeling. The next chapter will be more action packed I promise because Trowa and Duo hit the road.

Duo sighed, eyes slitting against the brightness of the campfire. He was cold but not frozen; the last thought he had had was of being frozen. /Why am I so warm? Am I dead, that must be it, but if I'm dead how can I feel someone else against me, their skin against me? I know… it must be…it must be Heero. I've probably made him worry about me again, staying up all night, sitting out in the cold to long. But he never complains, just takes care of me, I remember this…../

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*flashback*

Duo shivered as he felt a cool cloth settle across his forehead, looking up he blearily recognized the silhouette of his lover. "Heero?"

"I'm right here baka," Heero said as he settled on a stool beside the bed.

"I'm cold."

"I know, but if you stopped sleeping on the roof you wouldn't be cold."

"But I was watching the stars; I was waiting for something…"

"What were you waiting for?"

"A falling star so I could make a wish."

"And did you get to make your wish?"

"Yes I did," Duo nodded as he clutched Heero's sleeve, "and it came true."

"What did you wish for that was so important then? Let me remind you, if you say your wish out loud then it won't come true," Heero said as he pulled his arm back.

"But it already came true, when I opened my eyes the first thing I saw was you. I wished that every morning I would wake up and see you. When I lay down to sleep, and I closed my eyes, the last thing I would see is you."

"Now I know you're sick, you're getting all sentimental on me."

"I'm not sick," Duo whined, making Heero smile a little. "I'm cold, warm me up………..pleaseeeeeeeeeeee."

Heero answered by stuffing another quilt around him and sticking a spoonful of honey and vinegar in his mouth.

"Ewwwwwwwwwwww, why did you have to do that? It's so gross!"

"It'll clean all the bad stuff out of your system."

"And everything else to."

"It won't clean everything just the bad stuff.

"You take good care of me," Duo said turning towards Heero and giving him a weak smile.

"Of course I do, if I didn't I'd have to listen to you whine all night."

"I would not," Duo whined petulantly. "Come to bed, warm me up?"

"Fine," Heero said as he finally gave in to the demand, climbing into bed and wrapping himself around Duo.

Duo smiled happily and rested his head over Heero's heart, letting the steady rhythm lull him back to sleep.

*End Flashback*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duo eyes lashes dipped lower, a soft and lazy smile forming on his lips. Reaching out blindly for a moment he moved to pull Heero back down, it was too early to get up. But instead of feeling the hard compact muscles of Heero's chest, he encountered long lean muscle hidden beneath skin crisscrossed with scars. This person wasn't Heero… his eyes flew open. "YOU'RE NOT HEERO!" he screamed as he flew across the tent to the other side, taking the blankets and bedding with him.

"Well obviously," Trowa drawled tiredly, he knew taking this boy in was a bad idea. So far he'd lost sleep, half his supplies and now his hearing was going. "I tried to tell you that last night but you weren't in any condition to listen to me were you?"

"Where's Heero?!"

"I don't know, I don't even know who that is. Now stop moving before you pull a stitch." Trowa said softly as he advanced towards the frightened boy.

"Get away from me, you pervert!"

"Pervert? If it weren't for me you would have been someone's frozen dinner." In the back of his mind it registered that it would have been his frozen dinner but they were past that now.

"Don't you come near me! Somebody save me! This pervert is going to ravish my young, fine body!"

"Umm…what?" Trowa said as he quirked a brow in disbelief

"He's going to do unspeakable things! Somebody save me!"

"Umm…." Trowa said trying to get a word in.

"You know you want to!"

"Umm …..no… you know you don't have to shout, we're in the same tent, and there's no one out there for miles around to hear you anyway."

"Nobody?"

"Nobody." Besides you're not my type."

"I'm not?"

"No."

"Oh."

"Let's try this again. Good morning, how do you feel?"

"I have a headache."

/He has a headache; apparently he hasn't heard himself lately./ Trowa thought to himself before replying. "If you lie down and relax, maybe it'll go away."

"I can't lie down or relax, I have to find Heero, maybe you've seen him."

"I have no idea who he is."

"Heero is a boy, a little taller then I am, strongly built but not bulky with tan skin and blue eyes that pierce the soul and I know he's out there waiting for me. I won't abandon him!"

"Whoa, whoa, slow down, you can't do anything in the shape that you're in." Trowa moved himself so that he blocked the exit of the tent.

"Get out of my way, I have to find him and you can't stop me!" Duo said as he glared at Trowa.

Trowa seemed unfazed as he crossed his arms over his chest and said. "So you're going to go out there naked then?"

It took a few moments for Duo to realize that he was naked and when he did he wrapped the furs tighter around him. "You are a pervert!"

"Don't start that again…" Trowa grimaced, his nerves wearing thin. This boy was so much more manageable when he was unconscious.

"No," Duo mourned sorrowfully, crumpling to the ground. "I'm stuck here naked in a tent while Heero's lost out there somewhere. He began to sob, deep heart wracking sobs that chilled Trowa to the bone.

"Don't cry, please….I didn't mean it…" /Didn't mean what?/ Trowa thought to himself, but it troubled him that this boy could be crying because of him.

Duo sobbed louder, the world finally catching up with him; everything that had happened over the last few days catching up with him and in the end, Heero was still gone. He cried harder. "He..ero," he choked out brokenly.

"Stop crying, damn it just shut up!" Trowa breathed out harshly, the breakdown fully unnerving him. "If you stop crying I'll help you find this Heero guy!"

Duo looked up at him, eyes brimming with hope and something he couldn't quite make out. "Really?"

And at that moment Trowa knew his fate was sealed.