Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ That's How It Is ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sunrise/SOTSU Agency and Bandai owns Gundam Wing and its characters...I don't.

**************************************

**************************************

**************************************



Hands folded under his chin and elbows resting on the table Heero, in one of the few times of his life, sat stunned. He couldn't believe what he was reading in front of him.

Relena Dorland and Butler Gray cordially invite you to their wedding…blah blah blah…to be held in the gardens at the Dorland estate...blah blah blah

Heero closed his eyes trying to block out the rest of the message.

Three years ago after the final battle Heero had resigned himself to be Relena's personal guardian; to love her only from afar. He had kept his oath and had continued to this day to keep watch over her, in between his missions, that since the end of the war were few and far between. In a new world of peace espionage wasn't rampant. He had always hoped she would move on past him and it appeared that she had. Heero remembered words that Duo had told him once. Be careful what you wish for, cause it just might come true. He covered his eyes with his hands and growled under his breath. "You can't marry him Relena. I won't allow you to marry him."

She was standing in the doorway to her apartment, giggling and smiling sweetly at Butler. Heero's brow furrowed as he watched the two lovers embrace in a kiss. His first instinct was to jump this Butler guy and break his neck, but talking to Relena was the real imperative and he wouldn't allow himself to be distracted. He waited several minutes to make sure the man had left before entering her apartment. He heard the shower running and was relieved. It gave him a few moments more to think exactly of what he wanted to say.

He entered her bedroom. Her bed had been stripped and remade; the old sheets lay in a crumpled heap on the floor, no doubt soiled from the union of the lovers. Heero tried to force the image from his mind. The thought of this man even touching her in such a way made him ill. The shower shut off suddenly, and as was his way, Heero slinked into the shadows.

She came from bathroom, draped only in a towel. Her skin was flush from the heat of the shower, and her hair clung around her shoulders and back. She had let the golden locks grow out again. He caught his breath as she let the towel fall from her slender form. She raised her arms above her head and arched her back in a full body stretch. Heero felt the sweat dripping in his eye.

She opened her dresser draw and pulled out a simple white negligee. She raised her arms again and let the satin material slide down her body. She picked up a comb and began on her hair. Looking straight into the mirror she spoke. "You can show yourself now Heero."

He was taken aback that she had known he was there. He snapped on the bedroom lights. "You knew I was here?"

Standing tall she turned to him. "I sensed your presence. I known you long enough to know your sound, your stare... your smell. But alas I'm not that naïve little girl anymore."

He folded his arms. "So I've noticed."

She laughed, almost too eerily for him. "So what brings you here Mr. Yuy? Why I've not seen you since, I can't even remember. Did you come to congratulate me on my upcoming nuptials?"

He took a step towards her. "I came to stop you."

She rolled her eyes and snorted. "Oh please, not the I'm going to kill you bit. Been there. Done that."

Heero was beginning to grow frustrated. The Relena he knew would have melted at the chance to even be near him. "You're making a mistake marrying this man. He's no right on you. I claimed you first. That is how it is."

Her face grew somber and she stepped towards him. Heero's head snapped back from the force of her open hand. He could have easily blocked her assault but he allowed it. He deserved it. "How dare you come to me and tell me how it is?" "For two years I waited for you like the love struck school girl that I was and you never took real notice of me! Now you show up in my life out of nowhere and expect open arms to your invitation? She slugged him again, but this time with a closed fist.

He could taste his blood trickling from his lip. His fingers entwined in her hair and whipping back her head he forced her into a stolen and greedy kiss. He suddenly pulled away in pain as her nails dug into his arms and her teeth into his tongue. She pushed with all of her force and sent him to the floor.

"Don't you even touch me Heero Yuy!" She twirled away from him.

There was a time when one of her soul dreams was to have him kiss her with such passion. But that dream, and many others she had had of Heero had never came true. It was his entire fault. She hated Heero Yuy. Or did she? Her body had grown hot from his touch, his kiss; she licked his blood from her lip, blood so sweet. She closed her eyes telling herself she had to stay strong. She heard him rise up from the floor.

"If that is how you feel." He began to walk away. She went to speak but her words stuck in her throat, but he was the one to stop and turn to her. He raised his voice, as she'd never heard before. "NO! I'm not leaving! Not until you realize that you must be with me!"

She released her temper once again, but somehow remained calm. "Butler loves me. He's a decent and kind man."

"Do you love him?"

She returned the question. "Do you love me?"

They stared at each other for several intense moments. Heero tensed his body. If he was to ever have a chance he knew he had to be the one to surrender first, something he was not used to at all. He forced his eyes to stay fixed on hers. "I love you Relena. I have just been to much of a coward to admit I need you."

Relena reinforced the strength in her knees, she had known of his feelings all along. She had just been waiting for him to say the words. Words that she knew were agony for his pride to speak.

"I could never love Butler like I have always loved you Heero." They were standing toe to toe now, their faces only inches apart. "You've grown taller Heero." She brushed the bangs from his eyes.

He stroked her cheek with is fingers. "And you've grown even stronger."

And, continuing to look into each other's eyes, they melted together in kiss.

<END>