Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ The Colour of Love ❯ The Colour of Love ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Colour of Love

by Shi-koi

~*~*~

What's my colour of love? C'mere and I'll tell you.

~*~*~

When I was young, the colour of love was bright yellows and pinks. I can vaguely remember soft burnished copper hair and dark violet eyes. To me, that was the colour of love.

After a few years, I musta been 'bout four, the colour of love changed. It was green. Plants were rare on L2. So rare that many of us never got to see anything green for real. Then one Christmas, Solo managed to snatch a small green plant. It's leaves had wilted slightly and it's blooms had no scent, but it was the most precious thing he had ever shared with us, his gang.

Then Solo died. And the colour changed.

I was probably 'bout seven or eight when I got picked up and sent to Father Maxwell's Church. It was nothin' fancy, and they weren't an orphanage or nothin', but they cared for us kids there. No one else gave a damn 'cept them.

And the colour changed.

It was the warm hazel brown of Sister Helen's eyes, and the bright blue of Father Maxwell's eyes as they fed us, and told us stories. Things were good. I felt safe. Sister Helen taught us how to read and write, and I taught the other kids my pickpocket and thieving skills. Picking locks and sneaking around silently. I had fun.

Then the rebels came. And the Alliance.

Walking amongst the burning bodies of the children who had become my family and the two people who had become surrogate parents, I felt something shatter.

I lost all the colours.

I'm a pretty familiar sight in my black and white clothes. Shinigami himself back from hell. But the only colours I had were the colours of death. And life went on.

Then, one day, I saw something amazing.

Operation Meteor, not the real one, but the one us pilots and the Mad 5 came up with instead, went into play. Fighting the Alliance and OZ gave me a reason to live. I had no goals other than to extract my revenge on the organization which had so callously destroyed so many lives, killed all those children. My family.

Then......I met Heero Yuy.

And the colour changed.

~*~*~

Owari

~*~*~