Guyver Fan Fiction ❯ Wake Up ❯ Clash of Champions ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the Matrix or the Guyver or any characters related.

C. Cowboy: this fic requires at least a base knowledge of Guyver as well as Matrix, but I'll try to keep it simple and explained in the Guyver half of the fic. Enjoy and leave a review!

Guyver: Bio-Booster Armour

The Matrix

Wake Up

Chapter 1: Clash of Champions

"Life: an infinite energy beyond scientific understanding. Now, this energy has been transformed into a new weapon." -Guyver: Bio-Booster Armour the animated series

"Sho … don't … don't go …" A young girl, not much older then eighteen years, tossed and turned in her worn and ragged bed, before jumping to a seated position, "SHO!!" She shook her head, and wiped a few stray tears from her eyes.

"Sho …" she sighed, as she ran a hand through her choppy brown hair, jumping slightly at the plug in the back of hear head. After six months of being unplugged from the Matrix, the artificial reality, it was still tender.

Her name was Mizuki, last names didn't really matter anymore, and she was now a member of the crew of the hover ship Nebuchadnezzar II, one of the many ships in the fleet protecting the last remaining Human city, Zion.

She dressed herself and made her way through the small hallways of the hover ship to a monitoring room, and sat down before the monitors with patterns of green letters and numbers running down the screen, she pressed a few keys watching intently before she stopped a small sad smile creeping across her lips. She then shook her head and, before typing another set into the controls, she kissed her fingers and pressed them to a certain place on the screen. "Be careful, Sho," she whispered before leaving the room.

She walked into the kitchen area of the ship, and began pouring herself a cup of coffee, "Morning, Mi," a feminine voice called from behind her making her jump. She turned to see a woman in her mid twenties with short raven hair and in similar worn stained clothing.

"Trinity!" Mizuki squeaked, before taking a deep breathe to gather herself, "You startled me, is Neo up yet?"

"No, I'm letting him sleep," Trinity responded, huffing to blow a strand of hair from her face, "He had a nasty rumble with Smith again last night, he deserves a good rest."

Mizuki nodded and sat down on the opposite side of the table of the only other woman on the ship. "So, you get up to check on Sho this morning?"

Mizuki looked around to see if anyone else was around before looking back at her friend, "Yes, he's in New York now, looks like he's checking in to Chronos NYC."

"Ah, there you are," Morpheus, the darker skinned captain of the Nab II, said walking in, followed by Neo and Link, Morpheus was taller then Link but not as tall as Neo. He was dressed as everyone else in warn stained clothing, and his head was cleanly shaved but he seemed to have a presence that demanded respect. Link appeared to base his appearance on the traditional Jamaican dress, with long dreadlocks and because he was born outside the Matrix his body was without plugs and also his eyes shinned with confidence and a strong sense of humor.

Neo was a tall dark haired and bore the eyes of one with the weight of the world on his shoulders. His eyes were dark, and showed worry and a hint of sadness, but it seemed to melt away when they made contact with Trinity's. "Morning," he said with a confident smirk as he took a seat beside his girlfriend. He leaned over and gave Trinity a kiss on the cheek before looking back toward Morpheus, "Ok, the gang's all together, what's this about?"

"We received word from Zion," Morpheus said his deep and official voice sounding as if it could command a god, "It seems that the machines are after something, something different."

"Like what, Morpheus?" Trinity asked cocking her head to the side, a sense a worry growing in her eyes.

"Zion intercepted a coded message to the Agents, it said … cut off Chronos, find Guyver. Chronos is a program developed by some unknown rogue program to alter the code of victims inside the Matrix, as for the Guyver I'm unfamiliar with… Mizuki are you alright?"

Mizuki said nothing but continued to grip the table and gasp for breath, 'Sho … God, hasn't he been through enough?' She thought, trying desperately not to let her tears to drop from her eyes, "Damn it, why the Agents, aren't the Zoanoids enough for him!?"

"Zoanoids? How do you know about the Zoanoids?" Morpheus asked taken back, "According to reports no one who learned of them has lived longer then twenty four hours later. Who are you referring to, do you know something on the subject?"

"I … my brother was turned and then killed by … the Zoanoids," She said not making eye contact with anyone, "My boyfriend was also killed by them … they destroyed him. I … don't know anything about the Guyver."

Trinity's head snapped around at her, but didn't say anything, and Morpheus narrowed his eyes on the newest crewmember, "Very well, but your experience with them will a tremendous aid to the mission."

"I'll … do what I can, sir," Mizuki sighed, before standing up, "Do I have time for a shower before we go in?"

"Yes, we should be at a broadcast point in a little over an hour," Morpheus nodded, then watching the teenaged girl walk out, he waited for the door to close behind her before continuing, "She knows something … but I will not force it, what ever her connection with Chronos is, it seems to bring her pain, but I am not as worried about her keeping back information as exactly what this Guyver is. The intercepted message was a level seven code red of the utmost important. Who or what this Guyver is is still a enigma, apparently to everyone."

---

The cool rehydrated water washed over Mizuki's trembling body as memories of her past ran through her mind.

(Flashback: almost two years earlier)

Mizuki sat on her couch holding a pillow and a gun her boyfriend Sho had given her before he left on his search clenched to her chest. It has been two weeks since her older brother, Tetsuro, disappeared. They both knew what happened to him, and since Agito's disappearance a month earlier Sho was on his own in his daily searches. No matter how hard or how far Sho searched, Tetsuro seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

"Tetsuro …" Mizuki whimpered in a near sob but almost screamed when she heard the doorknob start to turn, and quickly trained the gun to the door. But her eyes grew wide and a smile spread across her face when she saw her older brother walk in, looking as if he only took an evening stroll. "Tetsuro!" She cried out, threw down her gun on the couch, and jumped into her brother's waiting arms.

"Missed you too, sis," Tetsuro said emotionlessly, "Is Sho here?"

"No, he's out looking for you, he should be back soon," She said excitedly, "What happened did they hurt you? How did you escape?"

"I'll explain everything when Sho gets back," He said with a strange smile, "Just relax."

As if on cue, Sho walked down the stairs leading from the attic of the apartment, "Still no sign of him, I still don't know where the … Tetsuro!" He cried but then his eyes widened in shock as his best friend backhanded his own sister away and dove at him.

Mizuki watched in horror as her brother pinned Sho against the wall. "Murderer, you! You're responsible!" Tetsuro hissed before Sho brought both feet up to kick him away. "You did this to us, you made them hunt us, drive us into hiding and made them do THIS to me!" He cried out as his body began to grow and morph, tearing out of his clothing, taking the shape of an Enzyme class Zoanoid.

Sho gasped and froze, only Mizuki's screams broke him out of it in time to dive away from a slash from what used to be his best friend.

"Guyver!" Sho cried out and a bubble like field of energy exploded around him pushing a spherical shape in the walls floor and ceiling around him, then the strange hard-flesh-like armor called the Guyver appeared behind him and wrapped around his body.

"Tetsuro!" The Guyver called, "It's me, Sho, remember?"

"Yes I remember," Enzyme hissed, "You betrayed us, it's all your fault!"

Guyver blocked several of Enzyme's attacks many of them melting parts of his armor's arm pieces. Sho finally gave in to the Guyver's innate instincts and made a slash with a High Frequency Vibration Sword across Enzyme's chest sending him flat on his back. The Guyver then spin jumped landing on the Zoanoid's chest and reached for his chest while charging a Megasmasher blast. "I'll end your pain, old friend …" Sho said weakly, but couldn't bring his trembling hands to open the chest plate. "I … I can't do it … I …" but before he can say anything else Enzyme backhanded the champion off him and brought his acid-skinned claws down on his shoulders.

"Time to-" Enzyme started but was silenced by a loud gunshot. Guyver looked up and saw that the beast's head now had a bloody hole through the sides with a gun held close by Mizuki who neither noticed was anywhere close.

The beast then stumbled backwards and did what no other Zoanoid has done before, slowly changed back to his human form.

"Mizuki …" Guyver said standing up, and beginning to walk toward the girl and his best friend's body.

"Stay back!" Mizuki screamed and fired one shot at his feet. "He was right, this is ALL your fault! If you only did what they asked, if you only gave them the damn Guyver then they might have left us alone! You wouldn't have to KILL your own father, and my brother wouldn't have had to been killed, it's all YOUR FAULT!!!"

"I know …" Guyver said, as the vents on the faceplate hissed before the armor recalled. Sho then walked toward the trembling with anger Mizuki, not caring that she was pointing a gun at him. He stopped before her, and slowly knelt before her, taking her hands in his own, and guiding the pistol so the barrel pressed against his sweaty forehead, "End it. Please, just end it."

She tried to pull the trigger, but memories began to flood her mind, the day Sho died in his first battle with Enzyme, the angsty cry Sho let out when he realized he had killed his own father, the day Sho showed willingness to battle one of the most powerful Zoanoids in creation without his armor, to protect her.

Tears formed in the corners of Mizuki's eyes and suddenly she threw the gun across the room, not caring where it landed, and dropped to her knees as well pulling Sho to her chest, holding him tight as they both began to cry. "You're all I have left," Mizuki whispered in Sho's shaggy raven hair, "I love you."

(End of Flashback)

Mizuki leaned against the shower wall as fresh tears flowed down her cheeks anew, "I still do, Sho …"

---

(One hour later, 'New York City')

"Alright we'll split up from here," Morpheus said as the four appeared around an older looking telephone in a warehouse. The group had changed dramatically; brand new leather attire, trench coats and sunglasses replaced their ragged old clothing. "Chronos NYC is five blocks north of here, Neo, you and Trinity go in from the roof, while Mi and myself will go in the main entry way. We get to have fun this time." He said smirking at the young girl who looked astoundingly nervous.

"Well, lets get to it, first one to find info on this Mcguyver thing wins," Neo said as Trinity walked over and wrapped her arms around his neck.

"That's Guyver, sweetie," Trinity whispered teasingly. Neo just shook his head and squatted down. The ground bubbled up and rippled away from them as Neo carried Trinity high into the air.

Morpheus watched the couple fly off, before shaking his head, "No matter how many times I see that …" he then turned to the girl who was looking at a mirror on the wall of the ware house.

She wondered if Sho would even recognize her, the old her would never even think of wearing a leather miniskirt that barely covered an inch of her thigh and a leather tank top that looked as if it was merely painted on. She kicked some dust up with her knee high combat boots, "not like it's the first time you've seen yourself like that, my dear."

"Sorry, just … distracted …" Mizuki apologized not making eye contact with her mentor.

"Do not be sorry, child," Morpheus said walking over to gaze into the mirror beside her, "You know, Neo told me that when the Oracle led us to you, she said you would lead us to a great and powerful ally who could change the tide in the war. Would the events of your past with Chronos have anything to do with that?"

Mizuki looked away without a word, "Just remember what I told you, until they are unplugged, all those connected to the Matrix are our enemies. Do not forget that."

"Yes sir," Mizuki said turning back toward him, and taking a pair of dark oval sunglasses and placed them on her face, "Lets get this over, I have a feeling you will see some things today you haven't before."

Morpheus blinked in confusion but crossed his arms behind his back and the two exited open area and walked toward the Chronos NYC office building.

---

"We have an appointment with the CEO," Morpheus said as he walked toward the metal detector with Mizuki close behind.

"Right this way, sir, go through the metal detectors and take the elevator down the hall," the guard said as the two walked through the detector. A moment later it exploded with sirens. "Hold it one moment sir, please empty your pockets of anything metal …"

"Would these be metal, sir?" Mizuki asked pulling out a pair of .45s and shot the guard five times before turning on another.

Morpheus pulled a pair sawed off shotguns and joined the fray. "These guys are human," Mizuki hissed as she ran out of ammo and threw her guns at a guard, then throwing off her trench coat and pulling a pair of sais and began fighting hand to hand, "This doesn't make sense!"

"You expect monsters?" Morpheus asked reloading a rifle behind a pillar.

"Yes!" Mizuki asked jumping high into the air and kicking one guard in the face sending the bridge of his nose into his brain.

Then the elevator opened and five men exited, dressed slightly different, and upon seeing Mizuki and Morpheus began to grunt and doubled over as if in pain. And all five began to grow and change into monstrosities. "What the …" Morpheus gawked at the group.

"Zoanoids, aim for the head," Mizuki said pulling one of her heavier guns and firing it at one and putting a hole between its eyes. Mizuki then leaped in the air and soared good twenty feet toward the group aid kicked a Zoanoid in the face and began hitting it several times in the chest with the butts of her Sais. She then spun around and sliced the sharpened point of her sai across its face, and wrapped her legs around its neck as they both went down to the floor.

"This is for my brother and Sho," She said tightening her grip, "Payback's a bitch," She hissed twisting her legs, snapping the Zoanoid's neck, "and so am I."

One of the three remaining reached down and gripped her long brown hair and jerked her off the ground, but let her drop as it fell limp to the ground. She looked up to see its head roll across the ground while Morpheus stood before her with his kitana drawn.

"Two on two," Morpheus said glaring at the two shocked Zoanoids, then looking down on his latest student, "that is if you're still able to battle …" Morpheus started when looking up both Zoanoids were down in halves. "What the …"

"Neo? I thought you were on the roof," Morpheus called out looking around for the only person he knew who could move that fast.

"It … it wasn't Neo …" Mizuki gulped, faint tears fighting to fall from her eyes, "Lets … lets just keep moving." Mizuki and Morpheus then entered the elevator and Mizuki was sure she heard a strange familiar hiss before the elevator closed.

---

"Well look at what I found here," Morpheus said confidently pulling a file from the file cabinet, he then read the file header, "G-Unit, Guyver Unit maybe?"

"No, that probably isn't it," Mizuki said quickly as Morpheus removed his armless sunglasses and opened the file.

"Lets take a look anyway," He said reading, "G-Unit code named 'Guyver'. Three units found, Unit 3: bonded with Makashima, Agito, unit status: defeated and disabled for further study. Location: Undisclosed. Unit 2: bonded with Risker, Ozward A. Unit status: destroyed. Location: N/A. Unit 1: bonded with Fukamachi, Sho. Unit status: Active. Location: Unknown, search for Fukamachi through Segawa, Mizuki proven unsuccessful. Mizuki …" Morpheus said in a low voice slowly looking up at the fearful girl.

"I … I can explain …" Mizuki whimpered under Morpheus' expectant gaze.

---

"That was … weird …" Trinity puffed from her position leaning against the wall of the stairwell on the roof. She took a look around the roof, littered with bodies of freakish monsters and her boyfriend who was standing in the center of the mess with not even a drop of sweat on his forehead or a hair out of place opposing her disheveled hair and bruised sweaty body. Sometimes his abilities did make her sick.

"Would these be considered upgrades or downgrades?" He asked with a confident smirk. "Going by looks it was downgrades but they were pretty strong."

"Neo!" Trinity gasped when two Zoanoids who were playing possum jumped up and tried to attack but before Neo could spin around, someone or something beat him to the monsters.

Standing between the two monsters stood a tall armored humanoid, which looked like a cross between a man and a robot. Its gray armored body was fleshy yet rough, its head had a large fin on the top starting at a strange sphere on its forehead, sensor spheres on both sides of its' head, glowing yellow eye pieces, and two vents on either of its cheeks for breathing. On each its forearms were single long blade going backwards, which were stuck through the two Zoanoids' chests.

"It's the Guyver!" one of the supposedly dead Zoanoids cried out fearfully before it shot toward it crushing the Zoanoid's skull in its hand. The other Zoanoids climbed to their feet and a few jumped from the roof of the 40 story building finding suicide more appealing to facing the Guyver. A few tried to make a break for the stairs, but faster then even Neo could keep up with, the Guyver dove for it slicing two Zoanoids in half, and killing the others with a strange energy beam from its forehead.

The Guyver then stood up and turned toward Neo and Trinity, "Who are you?" Neo asked the Dark Hero, but got no response, "I asked you a question," he stated firmer and stepped toward him. Guyver answered by turning his back and stepped toward the exit, but Neo grabbed his shoulder, "I said who are you?" Guyver answered by gripping Neo's wrist almost bringing him to his knees.

Before Neo knew what was happening the Guyver whipped him around, causing his back to hit the roof with a sickening thud. "Neo!" Trinity cried out, jumping to her love's aid, but her roundhouse kick was caught and she was thrown away like a rag doll.

Guyver then brought one of his blades to Neo's throat, "All of you must be destroyed," it hissed before Neo kicked him off of him.

Guyver leapt back to his feet and dove at Neo. Neo braced himself and stretched out his hand, "No," he said boldly, but unlike Agents and other he has battled before, this Guyver seemed immune to his abilities, and the hard right-cross to the face was testimony to that.

---

"So you knew about this all along, and you never told us," Morpheus asked angrily.

"Yes, I'm sorry I was just … I don't know … I'm so sorry Morpheus," Mizuki apologized pleading for forgiveness.

"I do not understand," Morpheus said, shaking his head, "I was under the understanding that you trusted us now…" he scolded, but was cut off when his cell phone rang, "Yes, Link," Morpheus answered, but his eyes quickly grew wide, "WHAT?!?"

Morpheus slammed his phone shut and grabbed Mizuki's wrist, "Come on, we have trouble!"

"What kind of trouble?" Mizuki asked worriedly.

"Neo's fighting something weird and losing… badly." He said lowly as he made his way to the stairs to the roof.

'Its Sho, Neo's fighting Sho,' Mizuki thought worriedly as they dashed up the stairs, 'this is not good.'

They made it to the top of the stair well but Mizuki screamed when Morpheus grabbed her, and pulled her to the ground as Neo went flying backwards through both walls. The two rose up and looked through the hole and saw the Guyver grip Neo's ankle and whipped him around into a gas line on the roof.

"Oh no …" Mizuki gasped bringing her hands to her mouth, never once expecting her reunion with Sho to be like this.

Neo gasped when he heard gas escaping from the dents he made in the pipe. He tried to rise up but the Guyver forced him back down with his foot, and began to grip his now glowing chest plates.

Neo wasn't sure what he was doing, but he could tell it would be some kind of energy attack, and with the gas escaping… "No don't! You'll kill us both!" Neo cried, as the Guyver began to pull open the chest plates.

"I have no problem with death," the Guyver said with a hint of sadness in his voice, loud enough for Trinity, Morpheus, and Mizuki to hear.

Morpheus was trying to hold both girls back and out of danger, but they proved too much and Mizuki broke free and ran toward the two super-humans. "SHO! NO! DON'T DO IT!"

"This has to be done, Mizuki," Guyver said coldly, "Sho is already dead, and all Zoanoids must join him."

"I don't believe that, the Sho I knew was too strong to give in to anything!" Mizuki said ripping the sunglasses from her face, "and Neo isn't a Zoanoid, none of us here are Zoanoids!"

Guyver froze for a moment, "I saw you down stairs. I saw you fight, you have to be a Zoanoid now. I'm sorry for not stopping them from taking you."

"You're wrong, Sho, I am different then I was, but I am NOT a Zoanoid, and neither is he," She said, boldly stepping closer, "I know what you can do, Sho. I know you can sense Zoanoids now; you could before you left me. Do you sense that he is a Zoanoid, do you sense I am a Zoanoid?"

The scanners on the side of his head swiveled toward Neo then toward Mizuki he stopped for a moment, before continuing to pull on his chest, "You're right, neither of you are Zoanoids, but this building still has to be destroyed, there is no other way, but I will give you and your other friends time to escape."

"No, Sho," she said walking right up beside the confused Neo and the Guyver, "I can't let you do that, the world needs Neo," She said pulling one of her .45s and aiming it point blank to his control metal.

"This is the best way, if Chronos got this guy, his power as a Zoanoid would be too dangerous," Sho said not budging, but one of his scanners moved to the gun, "We've been in this position before."

"There is so much you don't understand, Sho," Mizuki tried to explain, "Please just let him go, recall the armor, and lets talk." She then let a single tear fall from her blue eyes, "Please Sho, the world needs Neo, and … I need you … don't leave me again."

The Guyver stayed still for a moment before he let go of his chest plates and the glow subsided. He stepped away from the gasping Neo, who was quickly joined by Morpheus and Trinity, and faced Mizuki. "You asked for this, Mizuki," Guyver said softly. Then in a flash of light the armor disengaged and vanished, and the sight of her ex-boyfriend caused Mizuki to gasp in shock.

To Be Continued …