Haibane Renmei Fan Fiction ❯ The twins feathers ❯ Prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Side story Exitus Acta Probat
The twinsFeathers
 
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Elizabeth Crowley.
 
Note: This side story is not in the story-line of Sic Semper Morituri but in my fan fiction `Exitus Acta Probat'. This is what happened when Elizabeth Crowley is confronted to her divine origin. In my story this happened when she …died.
 
Thank you to Daniel Gibson for his pre-reading and correction.
 
 
PRELUDE
 
 
In the darkest part of the void, a watery light exploded in existence and two forms fell from it.
 
The two forms revealed themselves to be two teenagers. They were two young girls with long golden hair. They were falling together back against back and were each clothed in a long crème robe. Their eyelids fluttered simultaneously and opened, revealing sky blue eyes.
 
They spoke at the same time. “//Where I am?//”
 
They blinked together and slowly rotated to face each other. They were identical twins down to the smallest details.
 
“I know you.”
 
“I remember you.”
 
Those simple words seemed to calm them and they considered their situation. Eerily, they continue to act as if they were one person.
 
“//It's as if we are falling from the sky. It's funny. Why are we not afraid?//”
 
Above them, there was an explosion of light like the opening of a gateway.
 
“SISTER!”
 
An angelic figure garbed in blue armour and winged helm flew in and followed the fall of the twins, luminous wings shining brightly in her back, an air of desperation on her face. She was a mature woman with silver hair and she was crying, tears marked her pathway in the darkness.
 
“//She is worried for me? But who is she?//”
 
Another explosion of light drew the attention of the twins to another angelic form. This one was seemed older and was garbed in black armour and winged helm. She had grey hair but her face was hard with anger. Her shining wings brought her to the other woman and she caught her in her arms.
 
“By the Nine Worlds! What are you doing, Lenneth?!”
 
The blue angel was struggling against the black one and was trying to reach for the twins. “Let me go, Hirst! SISTER! LET ME GO I SAID! SISTER! COME BACK! COME BACK TO US!”
 
“I CAN'T LET YOU GO! YOU ARE ENDANGERING ALL THE CREATION!”
 
“I don't care! SISTER!”
 
“You can't do that! It's against all the rules! We're not even sure it's her!”
 
The black-clad woman forced the younger blue-clad woman through another of those luminous gateways. Struggling desperately, Lenneth turned her attention to the two falling forms. “SISTER! LISTEN! URU! FUTURE! YOU HEAR ME! U…”
 
She was abruptly cut off by the closing of the gate. The twins found themselves alone again falling in the darkness.
 
“// Why was she calling us `sister' and where are we? It's warm and soft around us. And yet, we are anxious.//”
 
The two girls laid a hand on the heart of the other. “//We're not afraid but our heart is cold.//”
 
They heard the sound of wings around them and suddenly two ravens flew alongside them. Intelligent black eyes plunged into curious blue eyes and mind-voices reached the spirit of the twins.
 
`I am Hugin.'
 
`I am Mugin.'
 
They mind-spoke then together. `//You will need these.//'
 
They put in the left hand for one and in the right hand for the other a lump of grey metal. The twins `knew' upon contact that it was something extremely precious.
 
“//Thank you very much.//”
 
The two birds seemed to smile and considered for a moment the two girls.
 
`You must know!'
 
`You must remember!'
 
They opened their wings and left the twins falling away as their black feathers make them disappear in the surrounding darkness.
 
The twins continued to fall, eyes closed, and the darkness left the place to the light of the day as if they were falling from orbit into the atmosphere of a planet. The sensation of the wind on their hair made their eyes to open.
 
The vision of the ground greeted them. It was a magnificent picture of the nature blooming in the spring. The twins were breathless seeing such a vision. And yet something drew their gazes: Something dark, something evil and not in the right place near a wall surrounding a town. Another cold sensation seized their hearts and suddenly a gust of wind caught them and unconsciousness took them.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: in my first scenario, I have the project to bring Elizabeth into the anime of `Utena': More precisely in the background of the film. Elizabeth is fated to know about her divine origin in Exitus Acta Probat, but I didn't want to fully explain how in my story in order to bring a proper mysterious atmosphere.
 
So my first idea was to create a world where she would have to duel various protagonists to win her inheritance. In fact, my plan was to make her take the two roles of the Prince and the Rose Bride at the same time. But finally I decide to use `Haibane Renmei' for a more mysterious way of discovering her origins and more gentle.
 
I hope that you will like this story better that way.
 
Read and review.