Hamtaro Fan Fiction ❯ Uki's pleasures and pain ❯ Chapter 14

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

"Maxwell, help!!!" Pepper's cries for help were heard from the other hams. Pepper came to her friends dragging Oxnard's body to them. "Pepper, is everything okay?" asked Maxwell.

"NO, Oxnard's in trouble." answered Pepper.

"Heke? What's wrong with him, he seems fine?"

"His heart's not beating."

Gasps left the hams, except for Jam, he wasn't suprised. "Move out of the way, let's see what's wrong with him." Maxwell said and listened to his chest. He heard nothing, then looked at Oxnard... he was blinking, but not breathing. "Odd."

"What's wrong with him, Maxwell?" asked Hamtaro.

"I wish I knew, but I have no clue."

"You don't know?"

"No I don't, sorry."

"Suspension." said Jam. "Oxnard's in suspension."

Maxwell turned to Jam, "So what's wrong with him?" he asked.

"It's called Suspension. It happens often and it's usually fatal."

"Well, gimme so good news, sugar." plead Pepper, she was till scared.

"How long has he been this way?"

"A good five minutes, why?"

"You have twenty-five minutes to get his heart beating again."

"How?"

"Constant blows to his chest, get his heart beating. If you can do it before his brain shuts down, he'll be saved. That's all you can do, even though he's technically dead."

"He's dead? No, I don't believe this!" yelled Pepper.

"Well, you can save him before he dies completely. You have twenty-three minutes..." Jam went back to the tree and continued to gig.

Maxwell and the other hams attempted to bring back Oxnard, while Roll went to comfort Pepper. "Take it easy, Pepper. Everything will be fine." Roll said.

"He can't be dead, he just... can't be." Pepper cried, starting to break down.

"Oxnard's dead, get over it." Jam said.

"Jam, you're not helping!" Roll yelled.

"Just stating the obvious."

"Some friend you are, Jam. You're supossed to help people in these times, not increase their pain! What the hell is wrong with you, anyway?!"

"I don't mourn one's passing, but am happy the person's gone."

Everyone stopped what they were doing and turned head towards the red ham, Jam went on. "You hams make me sick, crying over someone's death like it's such a big deal. You should be happy about Oxnard's passing, he'd have wanted it that way anyway don't you think?"

Maxwell got enraged at this, "Some of us like to try and respect the death of someone Jam, not act like they never existed." he howled. "But then again, a hamster like you would never understand that, would you?"

"You're letting your tears talk for you. Look Max, the more you cry over Oxnard's death, the more depressed you'll make yourselves, why don't you try the PROPER TACTIC instead of making yourselves even nore miserable?"

"You asshole...."

"Perhaps I hit a broad-side spot.... Listen to this scenario my dear Maxwell.

"Sandy has just died, and in the process of that, she risked her own life to save yours. She knew by sacrificing herself, that you would be spared and she also knew that you would do the same. Would you rather; a) cry your heart out to the point that you start blaming yourself for Sandy's death, b) cry yourself into depression that it leads you to suicide, or c) remember all of the positive things/times you had with her and get over it without crying? Make your choice..."

"...That's a tough question-"

"Sandy, slap him. It's obvious that he doesn't care about you like he says he does."

"That's not true."

"Then why didn't you answer 'c' without fail?"

"..........."

"Didn't think so." Jam folds his arms, "I thought you actually loved Oxnard, Pepper. If you truly loved him, you wouldn't be crying over him like you never even cared for him at all. Go ahead, shed your tears in shame."

"Enough Jam!" Roll yelled.

"Bijou, if Hamtaro died, would you cry at his funeral?"

"I think I-" Bijou tried to answer...

but Jam cut her off. "Yes or no, Bijou."

"...No." the french ham finally answered.

"You hesitated a bit, not kosher."

"The only one not kosher here is you, Jam." Dexter said. "You're causing more harm than needed right now."

"Lemme ask you this Dexter, since I can ask you anything, in fact this question goes to all of you hams. Can anyone tell me the lesson of this scenario?"

"Joy brings life."

"That's right, Oxnard. You're smarter than you look."

Everyone turned to see Oxnard standing there, he was back. "Thank you very much, this was needed, Jam."

"Oxnard, despite the fact that you would rather stuff your face with seeds, shoots, nuts, and berries, you are wise beyond your years." said Jam. "It's time I bid you adieu, you can stay if you wish too stay, Roll, but I'm leaving now. See ya!" And with that, Jam left the other hams in form and confusion... except one, who was just left.

"Okay, can someone please fill me in on what just happened?" asked Stan.

"Words from the Elder Ham." Oxnard answered, everone else was just blank. "Roll, is Jam a bit mythodical from time to time?"

"I wouldn't know." Roll answered, "I always get confused when Jam does stuff like this."

"You have much to learn." Oxnard then walked away, "Pepper... come, there is much we have to talk about."

"Um... right." Pepper said, then joined her beau.

The other hams were still blank, "Okay, who's still confused?" asked Stan.