Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction / Psych Fan Fiction ❯ Don't Drink The Skele-Gro ❯ 96. In the Storm ( Chapter 89 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I get to spend my last week of being a teenager having a cold. It's no wonder I felt like sharing my misery with Shawn.
 
As with every school, when cold season hit it blew through the population like a set of dominoes. All it took was one sick student and the rest would fall. Fortunately, the wizarding school had a weapon that most schools in world did not have: pepper-up potion, a cure for the common cold.
 
This was why Shawn and Gus found themselves in the hospital wing, the wind from the storm outside rattling the windows. The salesman was sitting on a chair, bundled up against the draft and holding a box of tissues out to his friend on the bed next to him. Shawn, with drooping eyelids and a red nose, had only found sufficient warmth when he draped a heavy comforter across his shoulders. Breathing through his mouth, the psychic considered just going to sleep.
 
It didn't take long for Madame Pomfrey to bring him the correct dosage of the potion. With a grimace, he sluggishly swallowed it down. Within moments, steam started pouring from his ears. Lightning flashed ominously outside and Shawn broke out in lime green spots.
 
“Oh no,” the witch said.
 
Gus glanced between the doctor and her patient. “What's wrong?”
 
“It appears that Mr. Spencer is allergic to Pepper Up.”
 
Shawn absently scratched at a spot on his arm and sneezed.
 
Someone's got to be allergic to potions, right?
Review? Please?