Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ (Harry Potter) How to Defeat a Dark Lord ❯ Ten ( Chapter 10 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter Ten.

Harry didn't need to open his eyes to know where he was ,the antiseptic smell of the infirmary at Hogwarts immediately gave that away. Cracking one eye open slowly, he verified ,by the amount of sunlight coming though the window above the bed, that yes, he was in his usually reserved bed, furtherest from the door, once again.

Opening both eyes fully, he glanced around the room to make sure that he was alone. Taking stock of his body, he noted that the only thing wrong with him was some pain, which he was adept at coping with and hiding from the most observant, and pulled himself up into a sitting position, then took a moment to gather himself, before swinging his legs over the side of the bed and slowly standing. Glancing once more around the room, double checking to make sure he was alone, he made ready to make his escape. He was halfway to the door, walking slowly and grumbling about his bed being so far away from the blasted things, when they swung sharply open and in came one of his worst nightmares, the Hell Cat of the Hospital Wing.

gMr. Potter, did you really believe that I would be foolish enough to leave you alone without placing both a monitoring charm and a tracking spell on you?h Madam Pomfrey asked, amusement coloring her voice slightly.

Harry dropped his eyes to the floor, gUm ... Hi Madam Pomfrey. I guess that means you want me back in bed, huh?h he said with a sheepish smile.

gYes Mr. Potter, I do want you back in your bed. And you will stay there until I say otherwise, and a responsible adult comes to retrieve you. No one will be able to move you out of here without first checking to make sure it's alright with me, so that I may remove those charms. I will also require you to answer a few questions for me, before I contact anyone to come and get you.h

Harry nodded his head in acceptance of the terms, knowing he had no other choice. gYes Ma'am, what would you like to know?h He asked with a well hidden sigh of resignation.

gAfter Gidean and young Mr. Malfoy retrieved you from those Muggles, I tried to give you the potions you needed to heal. Professor Snape informed me that you would not accept them, even with you unconscious, without his say so first. You proved that once again over the past two weeks, would you like to explain to me why you decided to take that precaution?" she asked while tucking him back into his bed

Harry flushed slightly in embarrassment over her treatment of him, but answered her anyway. "It's not just you Ma'am, I won't even take potions from Professor Snape without the safe word, or I can see and ask questions about them first. It's a safety measure that was put in place after that one Order Mission I was 'allowed' on last summer. Someone under polyjuice gave me a 'headache potion' that was actually a poison designed to be extremely painful before it killed you. The only thing that saved my life was the fact that I'm immune to most poisons because of that basilisk bite from my second year. I can become sick from them but nothing more. When Professor Snape and I got back, we decided not to take any more chances, so we went into my mind to place a command that would not allow me to take anything without my knowledge."

"What happens if someone gets hold of that password or forces Professor Snape to give you a potion?"

"We did think of that actually. The password changes after each use, and if it's taken against his will it will change the moment it leaves his mouth. On top of that, we won't know what the password is until it's needed. That password would not work either if he's forced to give me a potion." Harry explained.

"Then how will you know what the password is?"

"Our minds are linked on a subconscious level for just that purpose, and no one can alter or break that bond in any way, shape or form."

Madam Pomfrey looked at the young man in front of him slightly puzzled. "How in Merlin's name did the two of you manage that?"

Harry gave her an amused smile. " We're asking ourselves that same question. I'm sure given enough time one of us will figure it out."

Nodding her head slightly, madam Pomfrey gave up on getting any more or any clearer answers. "Thank you Harry for answering my questions. I do understand your caution, even if I don't like it. It makes sense that you would safeguard against me, as one of the people that gives you potions on a regular basis."

Knowing that the interrogation was over for the time being, Harry gave her a grin. "You're very welcome Poppy. I'm always happy to help when I can."

Giving a soft snort of laughter, Poppy tried to once more become the stern nurse. "Then roll over on your stomach so I can check your back."

"Yes ma'am" Harry said with a slight smile as he rolled over on his stomach and allowed her to run her scans. He knew better then most that the sooner you allowed the Medi-Witch to fuss over you, (not that she considered it that) the sooner she allowed you to leave.

30 minutes later she gave Harry permission to sit back up while she went to retrieve his potions. "Now Mr. potter, will you consent to taking these potions or must I summon the Potions Master for you?" She half joked.

Harry gave her a cheeky grin as he accepted the well known pain and nutrient potions, even though he knew the pain potion would do nothing more the dull the edge of his pain. "That depends on wither or not you consider said Potions Master a responsible adult?"

"Let me think about that and get back to you." she replied with an answering grin.

"If it makes you feel better Poppy, I will take the potions as long as I can tell what they are." Harry told the Medi-Witch as he swallowed the required potions. Grateful that he would have some help to hide his pain for awhile.

"Thank you Harry, that does make me feel a lot better." Poppy said with a touch of relief in her voice.

Harry gave her a small smile, and then not wanting to spend anymore time in the Hell Cat's territory then necessary, called to his familiar :Jewel my love are available to speak with me?:

The answer came back immediately with no small amount of relief in the voice. :ALWAYS MY BONDED. YOU NEVER NEED TO ASK:

Harry smiled at this answer "Is there a way for you to link me with the Dane?:

:ONLY IF HE MAKES FIRST CONTACT:

:Then would you be kind enough to ask him to contact me?:

:WITH PLEASURE MY BONDED"

:Thank you love:

Jewel entered through one of the many windows in the Great Hall, just as Damean, Gideon and Severus entered through the main doors. Altering her path from a lazy circle into a dive, she aimed directly for the Dane and gave a battle cry as she struck his well padded shoulder : DANE MESSAGE. MY BONDED WOULD LIKE YOU TO CONTACT HIM:

:Thank you beautiful: he replied running his fingers through her crest feathers. //Young One?// He sent out towards Harry.

//Damean, can you come rescue me from the clutches of the Hell Cat of the Hospital Wing?//

Damean, much to the bewilderment of those in the Great Hall started laughing hard enough that he needed to sit down //Hell Cat?// he finally managed.

//Ask Severus// Came Harry's laughter filled answer

Catching his breath, he turned to his nephew, knowing his question would put to rest most of the pain that lingered in those black eyes. "Sev, can you explain the term 'Hell Cat of the Hospital Wing' to me?" he asked soft enough for his voice not to carry.

Severus barely managed to stop himself from laughing in relief. As it was, he had enough trouble keeping his knees form buckling as a giant weight was lifted off of him. "He's awake?" He asked with a small smile that added a light that had been missing for the past few weeks to his eyes. At his uncle's nod, he pulled himself back together although his eyes remained bright. "That is Mr. Potters term for Madam Pomfrey." he finally said, just as softly as his uncle's question.

Snorting in amusement, Damean turned to leave the Great Hall. "He wants me to rescue him from the Hell Cat's clutches." he said.

Severus reached out and lightly touched his uncle's arm. "Make sure he has permission to leave first, or you'll find out the hard way why she's called a 'Hell Cat'"

Damean nodded his head in understanding, //Do you have permission to leave?//

Harry laughed softly in his mind, //Only if it's with a responsible adult, which leaves Severus out of the question.// Came the amused response.

//Would you like me to repeat that?//

//Nope, as I'm sure she'll do that for us.//

Not needing any explanation as to who 'She' was, Damean also laughed //Alright Young One we're on our way.//

15 minutes later found all three men entering the hospital wing, with Jewel still on Damean's shoulder, to find Harry impatiently waiting for them. Flashing them a bright smile, he stood only to find himself sitting once again when Ebony landed on his shoulder.

Jewel cocked her head to the side and smugly broad casted for everyone to hear.:IF YOU CAN'T REMAIN STANDING WHEN EBONY LANDS ON YOUR SHOULDER THEN YOU ARE NOT WELL ENOUGH TO LEAVE THAT BED!:

"If I would have been warned, I would have been able to brace myself for his weight." Harry shot back.

:THAT IS NOT OUR CONCERN. YOU DO NOT HAVE THE STRENGTH TO LEAVE ON YOUR OWN TWO FEET.:

Harry and Jewel locked into a silent battle of wills, as Poppy laughed at them both. "With familiars like these, I won't have to worry about keeping Harry in a bed to heal in the years to come."

"Is he well enough to leave?" Damean asked Poppy while watching the staring contest as well.

"As long as he's with a responsible adult, I see no problems in letting him leave." Poppy told him.

"That won't be a problem Poppy. I have guardianship over him, so he will be staying with me." Severus told her.

"Ah, but the question remains. Do I consider you a responsible adult Severus?" Poppy said a smile twitching around the corners of her mouth.

Severus turned his Death Eaters glare on Harry who had given up at glaring at his familiar "I suppose Mr. Potter, that you had something to do with that comment?" he sneered.

"Do you honestly believe that I'm capable of something like that Professor?" Harry asked trying and failing to look innocent.

"Yes Brat, I do." Turning to the bird that still remained on his uncle's shoulder, he asked "Jewel would it be acceptable to you if he leaves the same way he arrived?"

Jewel once more cocked her head to the side as she thought about that. A moment later she bobbed her head up and down in response. Severus once more asked the Medi-Witch, "Is he allowed to leave?"

With a slight flick of her wand, Poppy disabled all charms on the teen, "Yes Severus he can leave, as long as he takes it easy for a few days."

Severus gave Harry a slight sneer, "I'm sure he'll do exactly what he's told. If he doesn't I'll place him back here under the eyes of both his birds.

"That works for me. Mr. Potter behave yourself, I don't want to see you in here again until well into next term.

"Don't worry Poppy, I don't want to be here for anything else other than tea anytime soon." Harry told her with a small smile, before turning to Severus, "Professor if you don't mind me asking, what did you mean when you asked Jewel if it was acceptable if I left here the same way I came in?"

Severus threw a glare at his uncle and cousin and before they could answer for him, he half snarled at Harry. "I carried you here. Is that going to be a problem Mr. Potter?"

Harry looked his Professor in the eye and did his best not to smirk at the man. "I do believe Professor, that if you can live with being seen as mostly human, then I can live with the injustice of being carried, if only to make sure I don't get stuck with a set of feathered nursemaids." He replied nonchalantly, earning himself twin squawks of outrage.

Masking his amusement, Severus gently picked Harry up and cradled him against his chest, making sure that the teen was comfortable, before walking out the door. Both of them thankful that they were far enough away, that no one else heard Harry's sigh of pleasure, as he tucked his head under Severus' chin.

Damean and Gideon quickly caught up to and fell into step on either side of the Potions Master, with Madam Pomfrey following close behind. The four of them where almost at the Great Hall when Harry stiffened in Severus arms.

"Put me down Sev." Harry said quietly, but with enough authority that the Potions Master obeyed right away, only keeping hold of the teen until he had his balance.

Damean gave Harry a concerned look "What's wrong Harry?" He asked quietly.

Harry didn't answer him, and when Damean looked at him closer, he realized that Harry had a far away look in his eyes. When they cleared, he gave the three men a concerned look of his own. "I think the three of you should hurry up to the Headmaster's Office. I'm getting a very strong feeling that you are needed there." He told the three of them. With a quick look between them, they all hurried off, leaving Harry in Poppy's more then capable hands.

As soon as they where out of sight, he sighed and turned to the Medi-Witch, "I'm sorry to ask this of you, especially since I just sent those three off with out me, but would it be possible for you to take me to the Headmaster's office as well? Something is wrong, and I fear that I'm going to be the only one to fix it."

Madam Pomfrey didn't even question the young man in front of her, nodding her head, she held out her arm to help him balance and walk for as long as he needed, and the two of them started to make their slow way up to the Headmaster's office.

~~hp~~

Draco, Ron and Hermione, all sat silently in a shadowed alcove in the Headmaster's Office, where they could hear and see what was going on around them, without letting the Minister for Magic and the Aurors with him know they were there. They had all been surprised when Damean, Gidean and Snape had showed up a few minutes ago, without being summoned, but now even more worry was visible for those within the room.

Both Ron and Hermione were giving Draco concerned looks and finally Hermione asked if he was okay through their shared bond.

Barely giving her a nod in response, as he was to wrapped up with concentrating on the fourth member and leader of their group, willing him through the bond to wake up. He knew that the only way that his parents and godfather and more then likely himself, would remain out of Azkaban was if Harry woke up and gave Fudge a piece of his mind. Despite the efforts to protect them by the two vampires and the half hearted efforts of the Headmaster himself.

Damean Welsh could not believe the hardheadedness of the currant Minister for Magic. No matter what anyone said, he would not listen to reason. He was bound and determined to take all three Malfoys and Severus away for murder, being Death Eaters and the attempted murder of the Boy Who Lived. When the truth was that the four of them were doing what they could to keep the same child from being killed.

Looking over at his nephew, he couldn't help but still be concerned at the deep shadows from lack of sleep and the lingering hint of pain that shadowed them as he despaired over Harry waking up again, even though some of it had disappeared after carrying the young teen who had woken up earlier from the infirmary. The attack two weeks earlier had nearly shredded the young man's spinal cord, and even though Poppy had deemed him completely healed, he had still taken far to long too wake from his healing sleep. A sudden movement from Fudge broke him away from his thoughts and pulled a deep growl from him.

"Enough of this foolishness!" Fudge exclaimed and motioned the Aurors forward. "Arrest these three and find Draco Malfoy and bring him in also." Turning to the Headmaster, he glared at the man in smug satisfaction. "I'll also be moving Mr. Potter from your care and placing him in protective custody."

Damean and Gidean's eyes flashed a deadly purple as they moved to stand in front of the Malfoys and Severus, but before they could say anything, another voice entered the conversation.

"They will be going no where with you Fudge, and neither will I." The coldness in Harry's voice sent chills down everyone's spine.

Fudge spun around already attempting to sputter out an order for Harry to obey him, when he was stopped by twin chips of cold emerald that stared, unflinching back at him. Fudge carefully considered his next move, before giving Harry a contented smile. "There's nothing you can do to stop me from taking these Death Eaters into custody. And nothing you can do from making you come with me either." he told the young man in front of him.

Harry performed a sneer to rival Severus before answering, "Actually I can. It's against the Law to arrest anyone without solid proof of guilt. And if you don't have that proof, you need the permission of their Head of Family after you convinced them of their guilt without proof. I don't believe that Damean Welsh has a agreed to any such thing and neither have I. And if you really wish to push the issue, I can assure you that the Head of the Weasley family will also stand with us against you." Harry finished with a growl.

"I would like to know how the others fit in with this matter, or just what say you have exactly." Fudge shot back, with a mocking smile.

"I'm glad you asked." Harry said with a slightly vicious grin, his voice dropping down to a dangerous purr. "Severus Snape is the nephew of the Dane of the vampire Kuglash Clan, who is, by the way, standing behind you at the moment. Damean Welsh has also adopted Lucius Malfoy and by extension his family. As Narcissa was a member of the Black family before she married Lucius, she and any of her children are under the protection of the Head of the Black Family, and through her, that protection also covers her husband. when my godfather Sirius Black was killed by his cousin Bellatrix Lestrange, the title Lord Black came to me along with the title Lord Potter."

Grinning even more at the look of dawning horror on the Minister's face, Harry continued. "As Severus is my Guardian, he comes under the protection of both Families. Draco Malfoy shares a blood brother bond with myself, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley, putting him under the protection of the Weasley family as well. Not to put too fine of a point on it Minister, if you don't leave now, without your supposed captives, you will find yourself run out of office faster then you can say your own name, and that's without using any of the political power that comes with being the Boy Who Lived!"

By the time Harry had finished speaking, the entire room was deadly silent. Everyone was watching to see what the Minister's reaction would be, and were silently laughing at the colors his face were going. It was the Dane who finally broke the silence that seemed to have caught everyone, "You may leave now Minister, and you can take your goons with you." he hissed and watched in satisfaction as Fudge scurried from the room with his squad of pet Aurors closely following behind.