Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Loveless Bliss ❯ Loveless Bliss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: As much as I would love to have him, Draco Malfoy does not belong to me. He, like all the other characters of Harry Potter, belongs to their esteemed creator JK Rowling. Enjoy!
 
Loveless Bliss
 
I never knew what love was.
 
Even at the age of 4, the first time I heard the word `love' was from Linny, a house elf. She was my favourite, the one who was in charge of looking after me. One night, she read to me a bedtime story, of a beautiful witch with long golden hair, trapped in the tallest tower waiting for her prince to save her. Why she didn't just Apparate down, I would never know. But, her prince did come. They lived happily ever after. Linny said they loved each other.
 
The next day, my father cursed Linny for reading such a mushy love story to me. I found her mangled body on the floor, cold and dead.
 
It was then I learnt that love kills.
 
When I was 6, Pansy told me that love was the best thing that could happen to a person. I didn't understand her. How could I when my mother told me she loved me every time she left me? How could I when my father hexed me every time he told me he loved me? Love wasn't the best thing that could happen to a person. Love was the worst thing that could happen to me.
 
It was then I learnt that I hated love.
 
When I was 15, I could not get emerald eyes out of my mind. I stalked the corridors he walked just to taunt him and see those emerald depths glint in anger and maybe just a little fear. I waited around corners just to watch those green, green orbs light up in laughter and hilarity. I hid in shadows just to witness those forest-green jewels glimmer even brighter under the curtain of tears. Harry Potter who had rejected my friendship was my obsession, especially his expressive eyes.
 
It was then I learnt that I was in love.
 
When I was 17, I lost everything. Nothing registered through my haze. My father was dead. My mother was dead. The Malfoys were condemned. But, above all, he told me that he hated me. Rejection was synonymous with anguish. Pain was my partner and Death was my answer. My world, usually green, was filled with red. My haze was fading with every drop of life that bled from my wrists. Darkness was taking over.
 
It was then I learnt that love was destruction.
 
And, then there was warmth. Someone called my name, breaking the darkness, breaking the haze. My eyes, which had fallen closed, opened and there was a burst of green. Warmth engulfed me, radiating from the gentle hands on my back and the tears that caressed my cheeks just as tenderly.
 
It was then I learnt that Harry Potter loved me.
 
And, maybe love wasn't so bad after all.