Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Slither Hither ❯ Growth ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Slither Hither
by Jessica X

************************************************************************ *****
LEGAL NOTICE: Potter of the Harry variety does not belong to me. If he did, I probably would not be writing fanfictions. However, this fanfiction IS my own work, and is ©2004.

NOTE FROM THE AUTHOR: Loads of spoilers. A lemony-fresh X (NC-17) rating. Need I say more?

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO MY DEAR FRIEND VALIRIE, WHOM IS QUITE GOOD WITH PAINTS AND WILL BE GOING TO POLAND. I'LL MISS YOUUUUUUUU!
************************************************************************ *****



~*~ Chapter Two: Growth

"WHAT IN HELL-?!"

And then something clicked in Harry's brain.

"Let me see that bottle."

"No!" she shrieked.

"It's Polyjuice Potion, isn't it?"

"Go away!"

"Why are you doing this?!" he shouted. "What in Merlin's name possessed you to-"

"I WANTED TO GET YOU!!!" He could tell that sheer willpower was the only thing keeping her from flinging herself at him again, either to engage him in another kiss or to claw out his throat. "I wanted to make you pay for what you did to Draco! You took away half his family, you little shit, and you don't even care!"

"But I told you-"

"I KNOW!!! I know you weren't the one that got him caught, even though you snitched on him to that Rita Skeeter whore! I know you lost your precious godfather, I remember everything you just said because I'm not a complete git! AND I HATE YOU!!!"

"But why-"

"I hate you because I can't hate you!!!" she said, weeping freely, her voice something halfway between a shriek and a growl.

Harry blinked, digesting this. "I didn't know Slytherins could cry."

"I am NOT CRYING!!!" she screamed as tears streamed down her face.

This was something he had never expected to feel in his life - sympathy for Pansy Parkinson, or ANYONE in Slytherin House, for that matter. Unless you counted that brief pang he'd felt when he discovered the way his father and godfather had treated Snape in their schoolboy days, but then again, Snape was not currently a Slytherin - he was their Head of House, quite a different thing. But here she was, and she wished so badly to lay the blame on him for Draco's recent misfortune.

"P-Pansy," he started, realizing he'd probably never said her name to her face before. "Listen-"

"SHUT YOUR FUCKING HOLE!!!"

"I'm sorry."

She looked baffled. "For what?!"

"I'm sorry you can't hate me. It throws a spanner into the Hogwarts workings, doesn't it?"

She wiped her eyes, but did not reply.

"I mean, the Gryffindors hate the Slytherins, and vice versa. If you stop hating me, then that'd be weird."

She nodded slightly. "I hate you so much it burns."

"Because you can't hate me."

Another nod, but then a shake. "I don't even understand it myself."

"You did a remarkable job hiding who you were." He sat down again. "I mean, to act like you were Cho, even though you were right next to the sod you wanted to mangle the entire time."

"Y-yeah." Disgust was still etched into her face, but she was calming. "I had to pretend that you weren't Potter, but just some git who knew him really well. Otherwise, I probably would've started kicking your arse."

Harry laughed. He was amazed that he wasn't shouting at her, that he wasn't seething at how she'd duped him. But then he realized why.

"You're not the only one who's used the Potion to get at their enemies." After all, what you sow...

She looked up. "What d'you mean?"

"Second year, when the baselisk was on the loose."

"The what?"

"The monster that was paralyzing students."

"Right... the one everybody thought you were controlling. What a load of rubbish."

"Well, we thought Malfoy was the Heir. You've got to admit, he fit the description."

She laughed bitterly. "I almost wish he was."

"Well, anyway, me and Ron brewed up some Polyjuice with Hermione's help. We got hold of a few of Crabbe and Goyle's hairs and used them in it."

Her eyes narrowed. "You impersonated two of our house members?"

"Yeah. It's how we eliminated Malfoy as a suspect."

She nodded thoughtfully, sitting next to him. "I do remember him mentioning that they were acting strange one night that year... Crabbe and Goyle, that is." She looked up. "How thick are you, then? You didn't realize I wasn't Cho."

"I realized you were acting weird," he said. "Of course, the last thing on my mind is that you were really someone else, but I still knew something was off." He grinned wryly. "And may I remind you that Malfoy STILL doesn't know we dressed up as his bodyguards to this day?"

She shot him a sour look. "I can't believe you. I can't believe this, I can't believe we're sitting in this drafty room, acting as if we're almost chums!"

"Whose fault is that?" He folded his arms.

"Mine," she spat. "I wish I'd never done this, what a stupid plan. It might've worked, though, if I hadn't forgotten to take the potion again." She pulled out the bottle and looked at it. "Now it's worthless, I suppose."

Without warning, she threw it at the wall, and it shattered, the thick, gloppy contents spilling across the floor.

"I feel better," she said, a corner of her mouth raising.

"Why did you kiss me?"

"What?"

"I said, 'why did you kiss me'. It's... I really don't know why you did that, you seemed furious, and yet..."

She looked at him, and her eyes started to water again, her face set. "Fuck you."

"That's not an answer," he said brightly.

She glared at him evenly for several agonizing seconds, then turned away. "I don't know, either. I hated you, but I didn't. I wanted to kill you, but I couldn't, because I knew you didn't deserve it. But I had to do something, something violent and forceful, to purge my anger."

"Well, I hope it worked..."

"It... it did... but..."

"Hmm?"

"Not enough," she said, flinging herself on top of him.

Harry fought weakly against her for a minute, the logical, sane part of him crying out against this, against what was happening. But she was so warm, so in-control and ravenous, that his mind seemed to disappear, and instinct took over. His hands moved all over her back, one settling on her soft bum, and hers wound into his hair, tugging hard at its roots, which he found he did not mind. He could feel her abdomen rubbing against his crotch once again, and before long he could feel himself harden, pressing into her.

She gasped, breaking the kiss. "You dirty, fucking little- little-"

"Tell me, what am I?"

Her face was twisted in such a homogeny of emotions that he couldn't suss out which they were. Tears dripped down onto his face from hers, and he could feel her continuing to rub against him. "You're a horrid- shithead- I'll kill you, you son of a bitch!"

He gritted his teeth - the roots of his hair were screaming in protest, but she did not relent. Her mouth was hanging open as she thrust against him, panting with heat. Harry almost wished she'd stop, but then noticed her full bosom swaying with each movement. He raised his head and kissed her neck.

"Ohhh..." she moaned as she relaxed her hold on his scalp, and he could hear the shame and sorrow tinging her elation.

"Pansy," he whispered, not believing what he was doing, as his lips moved to her jawline.

"Do it," she whispered.

His breath quickened as he felt a hand move between their bodies, clutching for the zipper on his jeans.

"Wh-WHAT?!"

"Knob me," she breathed. "Rape me."

A moment's hesitation, then he threw her off of him.

"W-what's wrong, Potter? Can't do the deed?!"

"This is wrong."

"Take me, you sod! Fuck me like a whore, so I can hate you!"

They both froze instantly, her words hanging in the air so thickly they could almost be seen.

"There we are," Harry said in hushed tones.

"W-what?"

"That's why you've been doing all this... you want me to poke you so you can say I've done something to deserve your hatred."

"I- you're nutters. I, I don't know what you mean."

"That's it, isn't it?!"

"YES!!!" She was in tears now, most of the rage replaced by anguish. "I want to hate you so badly, and I can't, and that makes me hate you even more! You suck, Harry Potter!"

"Pansy..."

"STOP SAYING MY NAME!!! You have no RIGHT to say it, you- sitting there- you-"

He stroked her cheek, and she shoved his hand away. "I don't want your pity."

"Well, you've got it. I didn't realize you wanted to hate me this badly."

She looked up at him. "It makes me ill how good you are... you're not just a goody-goody on his high horse, some self-righteous gloryhound... but you really care about people... you little shit..."

"Let's go."

"What?"

"Let's... let's have it up. If you really, truly want to hate me so badly, then let's give you a reason."

Her face fell and she looked away. "N-no."

"But it's what you want."

"No."

He looked at her intently. "Then what do you want from me?"

She hesitated, considering. "I... I don't know anymore... you've made everything so difficult... you stupid ass. I could kill you for it."

"You really care about Malfoy."

"Don't call him 'Malfoy'. He's my Draco." Her eyes took on a softer quality, one that he'd never seen in a Slytherin's gaze.

"He's... lucky his girlfriend is so devoted to him. You'd kill me to make him happy. I envy him."

She looked up at him again, and her expression was still as soft.

"You don't mean that... do you?"

"Well, yeah. That's the same reason my friends are so great... they're as loyal to me as you are to Malf- to Draco."

"And... and you are to them." Her voice was breaking. "You've saved them so often, and gone out of your way to come to their aid. They're lucky, too."

She seemed to realize what she'd just said, and her eyes sped from Harry to the floor. He ventured an arm on her shoulder.

"No." But she made no real move to prevent him. He pulled her to his body, and he could feel her shaking with grief and confusion.

"M- Draco hates my guts," he said. "I know that, and I return his feelings just as strongly. I can see why it's so important for you to hate me, as well."

"Stop."

"But if you're waiting for me to start shouting at you, or something like that, just so you can go back to hating to me, well-"

"Stop, please."

She was sobbing. He blinked in surprise.

"You're making it so much harder," she managed. "You're so gentle, so kind... I can't hate you... I can't... you're so heartless."

Then she turned and wept into his shoulder, and he curled his arms around her shuddering shoulders, beginning to share her overwhelming grief.

"I hate you... I hate Draco... and I hate myself... I'm such shite, I can't even loathe my dear Draco's enemy..."

She looked up at him, a sudden hope and desperation on her face.

"Kill me."

"What?!"

"Please, just- just snuff me right here. You can leave my body here, they'll never find it. I don't deserve to live, I'm so... I'm so insufficient."

He stared in disbelief at the heartsick, suicidal girl in his arms, too shocked to answer her.

"P... please..."

"Listen to me, Pansy," he began, slowly and quietly. "You do not have to be 'sufficient'. You don't have to satisfy me, or Draco, or anybody. You're a person, not a broom model under inspection. You have needs of your own."

"My needs ARE to satisfy Draco, and I've FAILED!"

He sighed. "I'm not going to kill you. I've never killed anyone, and I'm certainly not going to start with someone who doesn't deserve it."

And as she looked up at him, her tears rolling down her cheeks and her lip quivering, her breath coming out in silent cries, he saw a forlorn beauty in Pansy Parkinson that he would never have thought was there. Her nose didn't seem as flat as it once had, her normally-pale cheeks were quite rosy from the recent goings on, and he noticed she had strong, high cheekbones. Her turquoise eyes were pleading with him, begging him to show her some way out, to lift her problems with a word or an action, to return the hatred that had been drained away from her heart, leaving nothing but confusion and self-loathing.

"I- I-"

"Pansy, you're... you're so..."

"Wh- wha?"

Unlike the previous instances, this time it seemed to take an eternity for his lips to reach hers. When they did, he enveloped her bottom lip, reveling in its soft, pliable texture, hearing her begin to cry harder, and a few of her hot tears clung to his cheeks. He released the brief kiss and stared directly into her eyes.

"I hate you so much, Harry." She had called him "Harry", not "Harry Potter". It was this that made him wonder if the word "hate" was really the one she was looking for...

"That's funny... I don't hate you."

"But you have to, I'm a Slytherin."

"Sometimes the house rivalries aren't as cut and dry as they're supposed to be."

"How... how can you not detest me? I've been so foul to your friend, that Granger..."

"Do you really KNOW Hermione?"

"Of course not, don't be an ass."

"Hermione doesn't really know you, either." He sighed. "It's what the Sorting Hat was talking about at the start of last term, and what Dumbledore said at the end of the year before. Our houses could be closer if we would just... try. But... we're so concentrated on silly things like bloodlines and houses that we just hate each other for the sake of hatred."

She shook her head, as if trying to clear away what he'd just said. "Stop it, you're- you're not making sense, you're trying to deceive me-"

"You know I'm right. You only hate Hermione because she's a Muggle-born and a Gryffindor. Hermione only hates you because you despise her, which only amplifies your hatred. It's a vicious cycle that's hard to break... but not impossible."

She peered into his eyes scrutinizingly. "You're serious. You really think the Slytherins and Gryffindors could just bury the hatchet and skip down the sidewalk of happiness, hand in hand."

"Codswallop," he said, grinning. "But I do think we could stop trying to kill each other."

To his surprise, she blearily returned the grin. "Maybe you're right." Her face fell. "I can't believe this is happening... I'm sitting here, talking to Harry Potter as if we were old mates enjoying a drink."

"Who says we can't be mates?"

She laughed. "Don't be a git."

"Am I?"

Harry could tell she was genuinely confused as she looked away. "I... I dunno. This is so weird, but... you've almost got me believing I could stop hating you."

"I wish you would. You're starting to grow on me."

A small smile played at her lips, but she continued to stare at the floor. "Is that 'grow' like a rose, or 'grow' like a bubotuber?"

"Or 'grow' like... a pansy?"

She grinned, and it was a truly amused one. "Why didn't I think of that one?" Immediately, she pinched the bridge of her nose, eyes squinting. "This is going to take some getting used to."

"I take it you don't want me to stuff you silly, now?"

When she raised her head again, her expression was quite dark, and her smile had taken a turn for the seductive. "Who said anything about that?"


~*~ To Be Concluded...