Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Strange World ❯ Scene 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: JK Rowling and all her publishers own Harry Potter. All of this is written for entertainment purposes only.
 
Scene 1
 
[Outside Platform 9 and three quarters at Knight's Crossing in London, England, there is a group exiting through the pillar as though there is nothing there. Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley, Harry Potter, Ginny Weasley, Molly Weasley, Arthur Weasley, Bill Weasley, Charlie Weasley and Fleur Delacour. About 30 meters away are where the uncomfortable looking Dursleys, Petunia and Vernon. Ron looks in their direction and sneered, turning to look at Harry.]
 
Ron: Well, Bye Harry, don't let the Dursley bugs bite.
 
Harry: [Grim smile] Yeah. Thanks for that.
 
Ginny: Oh Harry, you'll be fine, just come to our house on your birthday.
 
Ron: Yeah mate, you can apparate!
 
Hermione: No he can't, he doesn't have the license yet, Ron.
 
Molly: Well, other than that, yes Harry, our door is always open— [Vernon Dursley approaches the group, Petunia behind her husband.]
 
Vernon: Er—excuse me, Harry? [Harry raises an eyebrow at his name.] Uh… Mrs…?
 
Molly: Weasley. [Coolly] You will be letting him go, won't you?
 
Vernon: O-of course, what I want to do say is that— [He looks behind him and sees Petunia waving for him to continue.] -that I'm sorry for my—our attitude towards your mag-magic folk over the years.
 
Harry: What?
 
Vernon: I—you heard me, Harry. I—we deeply apologize for our behavior towards you since we've taken you in. Although, we do have our own excuses, for such un-unfathomable behavior. [Vernon squirms and looks to his wife who waved him impatiently.]
 
Petunia: Oh honestly dear, you blubber too much and too slow. Mrs. Weasley and family, I would like to invite you all to our lovely, humble home for tea. You may even use our fireplace.
 
Molly: Um—well I—Harry—Arthur, dear?
 
Arthur: Yes, we'll take up your offer, after we drop off our children's trunks off.
 
Petunia: Oh, but of course. How about supper tonight at six?
 
Molly: Th-that would be lovely, Mrs. Dursley.
 
Petunia: [Claps hands together once.] Oh wonderful, to think you would hex us! Come dear, let's get the car warmed up… Harry, we're in parking space G14.
 
Harry: Okay… [Vernon and Petunia leaves stage left.] Is it just me or do you think—
 
Molly: No, I don't think they've been jinxed. We've had our guards on them around the clock ever since Headmaster Dumbledore passed… away.
 
Ron: They must have missed something. They're acting a bit nutters, if you ask me.
 
Molly: I assure you, they're well protected and guarded, Ron.
 
Harry: [Sarcastically] That's really comforting. I'm going to be guarded with no means of contacting them, just like two summer ago.
 
Molly: Well, just be careful of what you write and if it is an emergency… [Whispers into Harry's ear.] Just say `The world is a teapot.'
 
Harry: [Raising an eyebrow.] Alright. Well, I have to go, bye. See you all tonight. I think. At the very least, we'll find out the reason behind their odd behavior.
 
Ron: Bye mate.
 
Hermione: [Hugs Harry.] Bye Harry.
 
Ginny: [Hugs Harry and gives a kiss on the cheek.] See you tonight.
 
[Harry exits stage left.]
 
Hermione: I do wish I could come [Hermione's parents enters stage right.] but—oh, my parents are here. Mum said we're seeing a film tonight… Bye Ron! [Kisses him on the lips and exits stage right.]
 
Arthur: Well, that's that, let's get you settled back home and we'll go over to Harry's house for supper.
 
Molly: But what do you reckon they will say? Surely, it can't be a spell…
 
Stranger: Wotcher Weasleys! Right you are, Molly, I checked with Kingsley and the guards have been alert around the clock on Privet Drive for the past three weeks. Nothing's been out of whack. We never did put Mundungus back into one of the post. Can't have the mistakes repeated.
 
Arthur: I see, thank you Tonks.
 
Tonks: Although, I should mention they did start acting a bit odd since Albus died.
 
Bill: How odd in what way?
 
Tonks: Well, you saw them acting. Especially towards strangers, namely `me' as a magical person, and they were always rude to the magical folk. They seemed almost too—tolerant I should say.
 
Bill: We won't know anything until then, I guess. We should take leave now.
 
Molly: Yes, yes, we ought to leave. [Family and Tonks exits stage right.]