Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ Strange World ❯ Scene 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: JK Rowling and all her publishers own Harry Potter. All of this is written for entertainment purposes only.
 
Scene 5
 
[Harry is seen sitting on the swing, using his feet to move to and fro from his spot, ignoring the obvious presence that was with him.]
 
Harry aside: Has my life really been a lie? If Dumbledore lied to me from the day I was set on the front steps, who can I trust? And the Dursleys… how can they recover from such a spell that lasted this long? Wouldn't their mind break by now? Or their personality changed by this factor? Why wasn't I told of this sooner? Oh right, he didn't want me pampered and fucking spoiled. [Ron enters the park stage left, unnoticed by Harry.] Damnit, I shouldn't have warmed up to him last year.
 
Ron: Harry, mate?
 
[Harry jumped and looks up to Ron and gives a small smile.]
 
Harry: Hey.
 
Ron: Doing alright?
 
Harry: [Scoffs] Do I look alright? Here's the man who I had trusted with my life and then he went and made my life a lie, Ron. How am I supposed to feel alright?
 
Ron: No, I suppose you wouldn't… what's that? [Pointing to the swings.]
 
Harry: [Chuckles] It's called a swing, like this. [Shows Ron what you do with swings.]
 
Ron: Ohh, I see. [Sits in the seat on Harry's left.] What are you going to do?
 
Harry: I don't know, I have to… destroy the stuff that Voldemort's left behind, y'know. And besides, Dumbledore is dead. That coward. Wouldn't even face me and the Dursleys about what he's done to us.
 
Kingsley: Okay, I had enough of that, [Reveals himself from under the cloak.] what did Albus do? [Moody also reveals himself from the invisibility cloak.]
 
Harry: [Rolls eyes at the two men.] I don't need to tell you anything. The Weasleys will inform you later, I'm sure.
 
Kingsley: What has Albus done to cause your newfound… dislike of the man in memory?
 
Harry: Something unforgivable. [Gets up and walks back towards the house. Ron shrugs at Kingsley and went after Harry.] I suppose to answer to your question, Ron, is to deal with it until I can leave the house. I don't think I can sever my ties with the Dursleys if what Dumbledore said is true, then it's not their fault for…
 
Ron: For? For getting you down?
 
Harry: Yeah, mistreating me would be the word though. Maybe my summer won't be so bad after all.
 
Ron: Hey, mate, maybe I can stay with you this summer!
 
Harry: [Grins] That would be awesome, I did notice an extra mattress under the bed.
 
Ron: Can I apparate us back to the house? I haven't done any apparating since I got the license…
 
Harry: Sure, the walk is another ten minutes. So why not?
 
[Ron grabs hold of Harry's right arm and concentrates, the two boys disappeared on the spot. The scene changes to the front yard of the 4 Privet drive and two seconds later, the boys appeared.]
 
Ron: Whoo, what a trip. Let's go on in and ask them if I can stay here until we can go back to my house.
 
Harry: [Nods as the two entered the house.] Yeah, that sounds good.