Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Dancing with Devils ❯ Legal Junk and Info ( Prologue )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Dancing with Devils

Legal Junk

Disclaimer: I do not own Hellsing, only Kohta Hirano does. Nor do I own the World of Darkness or Hengeyokai: Shapeshifters of the East, White Wolf Gaming has got that one down. I only own my character.

Rating: R

Warning: This ficcy will be composed with very dark humor, if any at all. Violence, gore, and language make up the rest of the rating. There is a slight difference in this WOD; vampires, shapeshifters, Fomori, banes, and what'll have you are in smaller proportions than in the true World of Darkness. Pre-End of the World and the Time of Thin Blood for all those curious. Oh, and not all werecreatures or vampires belong to their respective tribes or clans.

Summary: Post-anime. WOD crossover. A young hengeyokai plays hero and suddenly finds herself under the employ of Hellsing. Of course, they haven't told her about it yet.

Notes: Sunlight is non-fatal to true vampires like Alucard or Seras; their vampiric powers are drained and they are left with only their supernatural physical abilities. All vampires are simply sluggish during daylight hours. FREAK vampires are another question though. Oh, and in order to be turned, a vampire must drain the prospective vampire to the point of death and give them their own vampiric blood in return. The non-virgin rule still stands unless the vampire is of the same sex as the vampire-to-be. Make sense?

In this, Kitsune do regenerate but not as fast as their lupine or feline brethren. Think maybe about twice or three times the speed a healthy human regenerates, unlike their cousins who regenerate at like ten times the rate of a human. They are not like Anderson though; they can be killed with shots to head and other shots that would normally kill a human. Silver is toxic. However, Kitsune in their breed form can handle silver without problems but, while in their breed form, Kitsune regenerate at a normal human rate.

Since Kitsune are the youngest of the Changing Breeds, they did not participate in the Impergium so their Koto (Crinos, werefox) form doesn't invoke the Delirium. It makes them wary about assuming other forms around humans. Oh, and either Gaia or Luna blessed them so that should a vampire ever try to turn them, they go up in a pillar of flame. This is paraphrased right out of the Hengeyokai book.

Five forms of the Kitsune:

Hitogata - Homid; human form, indistinguishable from any other human

Sambuhenge - Glabro; Still human but the manifest some traits of the fox, very goofy looking and so is rarely used; body mass remains about the same but ears point upwards, eyes become thin and slanted, the nose lengthens, whiskers sprout; naturally sports a "retractable" fox tail

Koto - Crinos; Half-man, half-fox; since they were not made for combat, this form is commonly assumed in the Courts or for the extra comfort of fur; in this form they gain a few inches in height but no real bulk; the body is covered in fur and has an obvious fox tail

Juko - Hispo; A wolf-sized fox really; in this form Kitsune can learn to use daggers with their mouths

Kyubi - Lupus; The fox form, indistinguishable from any other red fox

Defined terms:

Delirium - A state a human goes into when he or she sees one of the Changing Breeds in their Crinos or Hispo forms. An instinctual fear, the human wants to flee and commonly doesn't remember the encounter. Only an extremely willful human can fight off the fear.

Impergium - The age where the Changing Breeds participated in culling the growth of the human race. They commonly did this in the Crinos or Hispo forms so now those forms invoke the Delirium in modern humans.

Veil - What the Changing Breeds call the Delirium state. It's an illusion that the supernatural world no longer exists. When the Veil is pierced, their respective forms no longer bring on the Delirium for said human.

Clan - Kinfolk. Friends or family that are not affected by the Delirium.

I may use World of Darkness terminology and if I do, I'll try to remember to define them at the end of the chapter. If there's something that left is undefined, please tell me.

-MindKore