Hellsing Fan Fiction ❯ Morpheus ❯ Morpheus ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: None of this is mine. Based off the anime.
 
Notes: Do they dream, or is sleep like death? Integra seems the kind who'd track down every little scrap of information she possibly could, and Alucard ... well, defies explanation. Implicit perhaps of lust for more than just blood.
 
"Do you dream, Alucard?"
 
A little girl voice intrudes on his ruminations; he looks down and finds the young Hellsing there. She has exchanged the schoolgirl skirt for a more sensible pair of slacks, but the gun she wears at her side is no child's toy. He has to remind himself that she is only thirteen, and that in this modern day and age, thirteen is still very young.
 
Only thirteen, but precocious and unnaturally solemn, already shouldering the weight of burdens a child should not have to bear. He knows, intellectually, that she is a child, but his body remembers only the sweet taste of her blood and the hunger that shoots through him whenever he looks at her.
 
"No," he lies, and pretends that her elusive fragrance does not haunt him whenever he lies down for his rest, follows him every waking moment around the house. She is still too much of a child to hear the truth; she, being a Hellsing, may never be ready for the truth. But he has an eternity of patience. He can wait.
 
- finis -