Hikaru No Go Fan Fiction ❯ The Extent of Denial ❯ Strip Club!? ( Chapter 4 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Hikaru tapped out an impatient rhythm on his steering wheel as he waited in the driveway for Touya to emerge. He'd only arrived three minutes ago, but he could hardly bear to wait any longer.
 
Just then, Touya slipped out the front door. Hikaru's eyes scanned the other boy repeatedly, taking in clothing choice and body language. It almost seemed as though Touya were trying to avoid being seen by someone. The other pro wore a short-sleeved black silk shirt, and had actually managed to acquire jeans and a pair of low black boots. Apparently he had taken the clothing comments to heart!
 
Touya slipped into the car and turned to him for a moment, wearing a very serious and sincere look in place of his usual guarded expression. “I truly am sorry, Shindou,” the other boy said softly, touching his hand very lightly and briefly where it rested on the gear shift.
 
Hikaru stared into those aqua eyes, feeling pinned and strange. When Touya's fingers had touched his hand, he'd felt a jolt of…something. There was a queer, light feeling in his chest, as if something had come loose, or was adrift. It was extremely unsettling. He took a deep breath, trying to unseat it.
 
“Thank you, Touya, I accept your apology.” He smiled somewhat awkwardly, still feeling way too peculiar for his liking.
 
Touya smiled warmly at him, then went about buckling his seatbelt.
 
Hikaru stared for another moment, certain that he'd never received a smile quite like that from the other pro. Sort of…vulnerable, sort of soft. Touya hardly ever smiled to begin with, and when he did, they were usually quite superior and cool smiles.
 
He turned his mind to driving, trying not to focus on Touya.
 
“So, where are we going this time?” Touya asked him, glancing over curiously.
 
“It was Waya's pick, I warn you now.”
 
“Shindou! Shindou, that gives me a doubly foreboding feeling.”
 
“It's just a strip club,” Hikaru replied casually, though he felt warmth creeping into his face as a blush began.
 
“What?” Touya sounded confused.
 
“A place where certain people take off their clothing. Depending on how much you want to pay, you may get more than just a look.”
 
WHAT!?” Touya exploded. “Shindou, that's scandalous! You are a terrible influence on me! Why would I want to see naked people?”
 
Hikaru couldn't help himself - he laughed. “Touya, I hate to tell you this, but most people our age are interested in seeing `naked people', as you put it. It will be an experience for you!”
 
Touya sounded as though he were hyperventilating. “It's not proper! Do you - do you do this often?” The other boy sounded horrified at the thought.
 
“Not all the time, but sometimes. We boys like to see naked girls, right?” Hikaru grinned, but Touya remained silent.
 
Hikaru glanced surreptitiously over to gauge the other pro's reaction, but Touya was stony-faced. Most likely from the shocking thought that they would soon be amongst naked girls. He managed to keep himself from laughing again, but just barely. He couldn't wait to see Touya's expression then!
 
The rest of the drive went by in silence, Hikaru endeavoring to keep a straight face and refrain from teasing poor boy. Touya might be clever and talented in the field of Go, but Hikaru was the experienced one in these sorts of situations.
 
They arrived at the club, and Hikaru could barely contain himself as he leapt out of the car and ran around to Touya's side. He opened the door for the other pro, grinning like an idiot. “Come on out, Touya, everything will be alright!”
 
Touya looked up, favoring him with a particularly intense glare. “Shindou, your sense of humor is wretched and graceless!”
 
Hikaru laughed, reaching down to grab one of Touya's limp hands. “Come on, I bet that Waya and Isumi are already here! We have to show them that you can handle this.”
 
Touya gave a long-suffering sigh and got out of the car, giving it one last longing look before Hikaru shut the door. “Shindou, I will kill you if I am embarrassed by your friends again.”
 
“I'll keep that in mind, Touya,” Hikaru said with a smirk.
 
 
 
 
Akira felt every muscle in his body tense as they entered the club. It screamed bad place to him immediately. Unfortunately, his perky and energetic escort would never allow him to retreat.
 
Shindou bobbed in time with the music as he wove his way into the crowd, towing Akira behind him. Akira ground his teeth together and prayed for strength. There was no way to slip away, for Shindou's grip was firm around his wrist…and Shindou was his protection here!
 
As he looked up, eyes drawn by movement, he had the misfortune of seeing that there were, indeed, naked and stripping people on two stages, dancing in a variety of disturbing ways. One stage seemed solely dedicated to the female performers, while the other…the other was for men.
 
Akira choked, a blush blazing up in his face.
 
Just then, Shindou found Waya and Isumi. Both already had drinks and seemed entertained by the stage shows.
 
“Waya, Isumi! What's up?” Hikaru called.
 
Waya grinned, waving madly. “Hikaru! Yo…uh…you brought Touya?” Waya looked confused.
 
“Of course! He needs to be here. He's never seen anyone naked…and I'm sure he's never had sex with anyone. He needs to see this before he can do that, right?” Shindou sounded smug.
 
Akira blushed even harder, if that were possible. “Shindou!” he squeaked in helpless outrage.
 
Waya laughed. “Oh yeah, Hikaru, like you've ever had sex!”
 
“I've dated! I've kissed and…other things.” Shindou sounded defensive.
 
Akira felt immensely relieved that Shindou was not as experienced as he pretended. It somehow made things even more awkward when he tried to imagine being friends with a sexually experienced Shindou.
 
Waya waved his hand in dismissal. “Yeah, yeah, but these are the only naked girls you've ever seen!”
 
Shindou released Akira's wrist, and seemed to promptly go into pout-mode. “You're so mean, Waya!”
 
“Who are you trying to impress?” Waya taunted.
 
Shindou blushed slightly, glaring back at his friend. “No one!”
 
Akira followed the exchange carefully, convinced that he had missed something. Why would Waya think that Shindou was trying to impress anyone?
 
And why did Shindou insist on dressing outrageously when they went out like this? Even though there were no holes in the pants tonight, they were tight black leather, and though Shindou wore a fishnet shirt again (no sleeves, this time), there was no shirt beneath it. It only emphasized the slenderness of the other pro's body, accentuating the slight curves and harder planes that comprised that body.
 
Why did he care, anyway? Shindou only embarrassed himself. He looked away, feeling that his face was too hot and too obvious.
 
“Come on, Touya, let's get some air,” Shindou murmured, towing him towards a pair of double glass doors.
 
He received the impression that Shindou was a bit miffed at Waya for something. It had to have been their last exchange, though Akira couldn't really imagine why. Waya had certainly said worse things!
 
The outdoor area was a fenced in patio, secluded and quiet. A few tables were scattered around, and the landscaping was lush and relaxing to look at.
 
“Damn, I forgot to get us drinks. What would you like, Touya?” Shindou turned to look at him, green eyes stormy and dark.
 
Akira stared, fascinated. This side of Shindou…was intriguing, too. “Water is fine.”
 
Shindou made a face. “No, Touya, you can't have water. You need to have alcohol.”
 
“Very well, whatever you're having.”
 
The other boy left him standing on the patio, and Akira couldn't help thinking about the dancers inside. Shindou had not seemed particularly interested in them himself, despite all of the talk and flash he put on. Akira had not felt particularly disturbed by the girls - just embarrassed. But he didn't know what to think about naked men. He was certain that he wasn't supposed to have ever seen such a thing, and wouldn't have - if it weren't for Shindou.
 
Hearing the sound of heels on the cobblestones, he turned. They were coming from a side path that he hadn't noticed initially. It looked like it snaked off into a garden, or perhaps another patio.
 
A tall, slender man emerged from the shadows, stopping when he saw Akira. “Well, hello. Are you all alone?”
 
Akira shook his head, taking an uncertain step back. “No, I'm here with a friend.”
 
The man smiled slyly, dark eyes lighting up. “That's too bad - you should have more than a `friend' with you. But I suppose it's good news for me.”
 
“What do you mean?” Akira asked, confused.
 
The man approached him closely, reaching out.
 
Akira tried to avoid him, but the man was faster and had a longer reach than he had anticipated. “Where are you going?” the dark-eyed stranger purred.
 
“Away!” he snapped, struggling to get away. Just as he broke free, he caught a glimpse of Shindou in his peripheral vision. The other boy had set the drinks down on a nearby patio table and was racing to intercept.
 
“Akira, what are you doing with some other man!” Shindou exclaimed in an accusatory tone, giving the stranger a perfunctory glance before turning back to him.
 
Akira blinked at his supposed protector, both at the familiar use of his first name and at the tone. “I…?”
 
Shindou stepped in close, pressing right up against him. This close, he realized that the blond-banged boy was actually slightly shorter than he was, contrary to his earlier impression while he was seated in the car. That, however, was in the back of his mind, as the rest of his mental faculties were in an uproar. Or perhaps it could be better described as panic.
 
One of Shindou's hands slipped down to curl around his hip possessively, and the other arm went across his back, forcing him close. “Just play along,” Shindou whispered in his ear, lips trailing across his cheek as the other boy drew back slightly.
 
Akira found it difficult to do anything, what with his heart hammering in his chest and his blood raging in his head. He couldn't concentrate, he couldn't breathe and he couldn't move. What was going on?!
 
Shindou's face drew dangerously close to his, and he only had a moment's realization of what was about to happen before the other pro's lips pressed against his in a warm and lingering kiss. A tongue pressed at the line of his lips softly, and his mouth was open just enough to allow it to slip in. Shindou gave him a shallow, passionate kiss, bright green eyes closing.
 
The bottom of Akira's stomach dropped out and he felt heat flush throughout his entire body. He forced himself to be still, allowing the penetration of his mouth and had just begun to respond slightly with his own tongue when Shindou pulled back.
 
Those green eyes blazed into his, burning with something he couldn't identify. “Don't go running off with other people anymore, my Akira.”
 
“Ah…” Akira noticed distantly that the man that had attempted to accost him had just turned away and left in disgusted annoyance.
 
The moment stretched out, every inch of his body aware of where Shindou pressed up full length against him. He could even smell the other boy's hair, and he could have sworn that he'd felt lip gloss on the lips that had pressed against his.
 
Shindou suddenly pulled back, hands sliding briefly down Akira's back before they completely withdrew. “Great acting, Touya! Whew, that guy was really going for you! Sorry about having to do that to you, but I didn't know how else to get him to back off.”
 
Shindou turned and grabbed their drinks, giving Akira's to him. Akira closed his hand automatically, but his mind - and body - were still feeling like they'd short-circuited. What…had that been? Shouldn't he feel disgusted? Annoyed? Instead, he felt as if something huge had hit him. He was stunned, yet violently alert and focused.
 
Shindou was beaming at him, but he noticed that the other boy's cheeks were flushed, just like his must be. “Do that often?” Akira managed to murmur.
 
“What, kissing? No, not really. Every once in a while I'll date a girl and we'll kiss, but this kiss was more fun than any of those ever were! Just to see the look on your face! I thought you were going to pass out!”
 
Akira desperately sipped at his unappealing liquor, attempting to focus on something besides Shindou's amusement at his expense. “Why was it so much fun?” he muttered into his drink.
 
Shindou paused, looking slightly bemused. “I'm not sure. It just was.”
 
With that, the other boy dragged him back inside to rejoin his friends.
 
“Where'd you go, Hikaru? I thought you were doing your prissy pout thing.” Waya was grinning.
 
Isumi sighed and lightly cuffed the obnoxious boy.
 
Shindou bristled slightly. “I do not pout prissily! We went to get drinks, and then Touya was accosted by some guy.”
 
Waya burst into laughter. “Oh, god! I can't say that I'm surprised. So how did you save him?”
 
Shindou grinned. “I just went up and made like I was Touya's boyfriend and gave him a little kiss.”
 
Waya's mouth dropped open, and the other boy looked floored. “You…what?”
 
The bleach-banged boy nodded, hands on his hips. “Yes, that's what I did. It seemed to be a good tactic, because it worked. I said something about how Touya had better not run off on me!”
 
Akira wanted to crawl away. Waya turned an appraising look on him, as if trying to analyze him for strange or mysterious properties.
 
Isumi nudged Waya in warning.
 
“Hikaru, that's like - not normal.” Waya was frowning.
 
Shindou frowned back, crossing his arms. “What's wrong with helping Touya? I'm not so afraid for my masculinity that I can't do what it takes to disarm a situation!”
 
Waya lifted his chin. “Huh…not afraid for your masculinity, eh?”
 
“That's right!” Shindou retorted.
 
“What about you?” Waya asked Akira.
 
“Ah…Shindou was trying to help.” At least his color was coming back down.
 
“You didn't mind being kissed by a guy?” Waya looked suspicious.
 
Akira didn't bother to point out that it had been more than just `kissed'. They were leaving out the fact that Shindou had been wrapped around him and had actually given him an intimate kiss, but why add details that would just make things worse? “I wasn't really asked, so…”
 
“Waya's not being any fun tonight, Touya. Maybe we should go somewhere else.” Shindou looked positively annoyed.
 
“Sure, Hikaru, go ahead and spend more alone time with Touya. I'm sure he'll like that. He's apparently already done weird things to your brain.” There was a definite sneer in Waya's tone, and the boy seemed almost angry.
 
“Waya!” Isumi chastised his friend, throwing an arm around him to choke him slightly.
 
Shindou looked shocked. “Fine! His company is better than yours, anyway! I don't know what's gotten into you lately, Waya. I'm the same person I've always been - Touya hasn't done anything to me.”
 
Akira wanted to defend himself to Waya, but he didn't get the chance. Shindou was pulling him along towards the door.
 
 
 
 
“Goddamned Waya!” Hikaru growled as they raced along the highway.
 
Touya was silent beside him.
 
The one good thing about the evening had been Touya. He'd honestly been entertained by saving Touya, and playing the other boy's `boyfriend' for five seconds. He hadn't really planned on the kiss, but once he'd gotten that close, it had just seemed to come naturally. It seemed like something that ought to happen when he was so close to Touya's face, and those beautiful and intense eyes…
 
He shook his head slightly, remembering the feelings he'd had when they'd been pressed together, and when he had kissed Touya. It was interesting, but it probably wouldn't happen again, since it had only been a ploy to rescue the other pro.
 
Hikaru wondered what Touya thought about the whole thing. The other boy hadn't even yelled at him after the fact, but had just seemed…stunned. Elsewhere. He realized with a start that he had probably stolen Touya Akira's first kiss. The thought gave him a wicked amusement. Girls everywhere would want to kill him if they knew!
 
“There you are, Touya. That kiss will at least prepare you for your first girlfriend.” Hikaru grinned, slanting an amused look over at the other boy.
 
Touya turned to look at him, brows arched. “Do you think that a kiss with a boy is similar to a kiss with a girl?”
 
“Sure, why not?”
 
“I think that it must feel different,” Touya said quietly, looking out the window.
 
“Well, I've kissed girls, too.” He couldn't very well tell Touya that his kiss had been more fun for more reasons than just the situation they'd been in, however.
 
“So do you think there's a difference?” Touya was glancing at him again from the corner of one slanted eye.
 
“Definitely. Girls are…hm, soft and yielding all the time, and they never take initiative.”
 
“Wasn't I soft and yielding? And I didn't initiate anything.”
 
Hikaru squirmed in his seat a little, looking straight ahead. “Well, you were surprised, and I'm sure you wished that I had been a girl! After all, I would have if I were you.”
 
“Is that so?” Touya replied softly.
 
“Of course! And those girls on stage were hot, weren't they? I wish we could have taken one of them home.”
 
Touya turned to stare at him. “Poor Shindou. You're stuck with just taking me home.”
 
Startled, Hikaru glanced swiftly over at the other pro in an attempt to ascertain his meaning. Those aqua eyes were no less bright in the dimness of his car, but looked very intent and unreadable, the centerpiece in a triangular and aristocratic face.
 
Even Touya's features were graceful.
 
“Uhh…yeah. Well, even though it's not the same, that's cool. You're my best friend, and I love hanging out with you, Touya - even when you yell at me! I'd take you over taking some chick home anytime.” He tried to sound cheerful. Happy. Anything to take the weirdness out of the air.
 
“Hmm.”
 
Something about Touya had changed. That was for certain. Those looks, that attitude…something was off with his friend. Was Touya truly angry about the kiss after all? He hoped not. They had just made up.
 
He couldn't take any more fighting right now. When he and Touya were on the rocks, he couldn't eat, sleep or think. It was truly irritating, and even though they had a few more months of their break, they'd soon have to be playing for titles.
 
“I swear we'll do something you'd like next time, okay? We'll go out to eat or something, just us, no Waya or Isumi. We can even discuss Go. God, Waya's just been unholy hell lately, hasn't he?”
 
“I'd like that. And I really can't comment on that last bit, and you well know it.”
 
Hikaru laughed, ruffling the back of his own hair with one hand. “Yes, well…I know the two of you don't get on. But I promise.”
 
“I don't know why I endure you, Shindou!” the other pro sighed. But Touya was smiling slightly.
 
Hikaru relaxed. Thank god, the weirdness had dissipated. He didn't think he could have managed to take much more of it.